Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2004 at 11:51 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:44 PM.
Default Recolor Templates - MISC Category
Crib and Changing Table

Update: In-game textures are now working with the Uni EP in case anyone needs them.

OK, here are some texture templates for the crib and changing table, or furniture for your clown family. I hope some will find them useful. The changing table is complicated if you want to recolor all the objects on its shelves.

Included are:
The templates in BMP format (the crib one is a 32-bit BMP with the original Alpha channel)
The templates as photoshop layers
The templates applied to the in-game objects so you can get a better idea of what goes where.

Please let me know if this sort of thing is useful to you. I make layers whenever I make new textures, so it's not much work to turn them into templates.

RG
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Template for Crib and Changing Table.zip (1.59 MB, 1130 downloads) - View custom content
32 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 3:28 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:46 PM.
Toy Box

Update: Compatible for University
Here is the Template screenshots in zip plus Lifo and the box as Pakage.
Hope it helps.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Havelock_Toybox_Template.zip (249.2 KB, 495 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 11:04 PM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:47 PM.
Art Nouveau Bar (simsational suzi )

Update: Now University compatible
The requestet Template. I have found a texture failure shown by the red cirkle all Bars have the same. Its under the glasses on the left side. Most textures are mirrored inkusive the surface so i made only the Bottom template. zip inkludes Templatelifo, Screnshots and the Package. Hope it helps.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Havelock_Bar_ArtNuveau_Template.zip (128.8 KB, 331 downloads) - View custom content
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 7:27 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:47 PM.
Toy Box

The mapping on the toybox is... well, quite special

It's not consistant, as you can see on the two sides. It's really best suited for simple solid colors/wood or patterns like the bricks they put on it.

The inside lid is used also on the lower rim. You can customize the blocks, the pink bunny(?), and the box/book (you need to mirror it, it will be flipped in the game). The other stuff is the toys that they can take out of the box, but this coloring is *only* for them when they are in the box - when the sims hold them, they are the game colors, so I do not suggest changing them, unless you want them to reach for a red horse and pull out a tan one.

I've made a bunch of wood toyboxes, if you check my profile, and also colored to match my grand trianon sets.

Anyway, I hope this helps, as it's quite a funky thing. I've included the original toybox design along with the template, and screenshots you can stare at of both. The zip also contains PNG files for both.

Btw, you CAN put a simple design on the center front/back of the toybox. Simple is key - with the distortion this box has I found that a more detailed design looked all muddy/smeary. You can see my boxes here
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  toybox-templates.zip (328.3 KB, 396 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 12:34 AM Last edited by Numenor : 13th Oct 2007 at 6:48 PM.
High Chair - Dirty image

Here is an image to use when recoloring high chairs. It has a transparent background, so you can easily use it with any recolor. It is very close to the Maxis original.

It's a .png file, so it should work for most people. If you need it as a .psd (Photoshop format) instead, let me know by PM.

DO NOT download the image shown in this thread. It's a .jpg and does not have a transparent background.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  dirtyhighchair.rar (579.2 KB, 354 downloads)

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st May 2007 at 6:32 AM Last edited by nixie : 31st May 2007 at 6:38 AM.
Default Gothwise Staircase Mapping Assistant
hi all, I am making some recolors to the Gothwise Staircase to make them have maxis matching wall coverings, while I'm at it I thought i also make a mapping assistant so here it is.

the top of the steps is a bit "weird" as it uses the same area of texture in the file but flip it horizontally on alternate stairs step see pict, and the wall paper part on the side of the stairs which i intent to recolors are stretched and tiled, that means you can't use one single pictures for that area and you have to "squeeze" (around 50%, i think, not a definite) your pictures so that it look "unstretch" in the game. I also think that the "wrought iron" railing is alpha editable, also don't use anything with too many texture for the lime green part because its tile in small pieces and turns to suit the eclipse shape of the side of the stairs. Thats about all that I've notice, hope they help.

I think you click the thumbnail for the big one and right click to save the templates.

happy simmings.
Screenshots

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:21 PM
Default Layered .psd files for "Vroom" and "Pit Stop" dressers (Seasons)
Here are two psd files for those who want to recolour these things. I haven't figured them out completely because all I needed was a plain uni colour, but the layers can still be useful I believe. Took me a couple tries until I had found out where the stupid handles go!

armoiresmallracecar_layers.psd (this is the large dresser) has the following layers:

- Handles (both the drawer handle and the trim on the doors)
- Metal parts (feet)
- Shadow
- Texture (i.e. noise that goes over everything -- so that the shadows don't posterize)
- Drawer
- Background (all in one layer, but would be easy to cut apart if you need it)

The in-game jpeg below corresponds to the "bgrd" layer in this. Note that the pink part covers both the top of the drawer, and a bit of the side trim near the front (where the drawer is) -- i guess the latter is the topmost part of that area in the psd, but haven't experimented with this. Also, I haven't atempted to find out where exactly the top of the front and back start and end -- it is roughly the top half of the blue area on the left (the bottom of that is the bottom of the sides).

dressersmallracecar-layers.psd (small dresser) goes like this:

- Handle (this is the drawer handles, not the ones on the sides -- not very well visible in the jpg, but just turn the layer on/off and you'll see it): I figured out front, bottom and top, but not sure where the sides are. Somewhere in the "front" area is all I know.
- Shadows++ (additional shadows for darker colours)
- Shadows and texture (noise overlay)
- Metal parts (side handle, feet)
- Drawer
- Background (body colour), with the sides in yellow and everything else in blue. I guess it's put together somehwat like the armoire, w/r/t the top trim and stuff. The darker part on top right is the bottom I believe; the top is at the left of the drawer.

Basically all you need to do for a plain uni colour is bucketfill the backgrounds and there you go. Wood and suchlike need some additional treatment because the front trim is perpendicular to the rest (the "grain direction" is horizontal not vertical).
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  armoiresmallracecar_layers.psd.zip (245.0 KB, 84 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  dressersmallracecar-layers.psd.zip (147.7 KB, 82 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th May 2008 at 9:35 PM
Default Layered .psd for "Watt is it" table lamp
Very simple thing, but spares you the pulling apart into layers .. those are:

- Shadows++ (extra shadows for dark colours)
- Shadows and texture overlay
- Opaque overlay (metal parts, inside, screws, switch etc)
- Background (plain colour)

When recolouring this, don't use the "chrome" texture if you want a non-chrome recolour .. that one is very high-gloss, pretty useless for anything that's not chrome. You can probably change the reflectivity separately (total noob here), but it's easier use something that is the right material from the start (i.e., any of the other colours).
Attached Images

Attached files:
File Type: zip  lightingtablevalue1_layers.psd.zip (23.8 KB, 72 downloads) - View custom content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th May 2008 at 2:17 PM
Default mahjong table
Mahjong table templates and textures, along with a mahjong table clone that can be recolored, and a gold game pieces (tile) override are now available at MTSi2, in this thread:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283473

For every King, there is a Queen ...

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=25203