Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 11:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Build World to Create-a-World?
Is there a way to convert build mode items to show up in Create-A-World? I'm specifically trying convert the jungle items from Around the Sims to my Sims 3: Castaway island?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 1:26 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 5:34 AM
Thank you again (I wanted to delete this the minute I posted it because found the tutorial you linked about 10 minutes after. The site wouldn't let me delete my post though, kinda of frustrating.

I do however need help with the tutorial though. I'm trying to convert a custom content tree (package file) to Create-a-World. All the tutorials I found are not very clear on how to do this and pretty much rap everything up as "open the OBJD file with s3oc, duplicate it, and save it." When you're at the save point of s3oc, there are a lot of options given before you continue which leave me at halt. I had to follow the two methods that "auntielynds" did here for her challenge but they didn't work because I had a different objective. I also tried putting both matching package files (edited and non edited) in my CAS package fold and my in game folder but nothing worked.

I followed every step exactly in regards to the S3PE tutorial so I know that isn't the issue, I have the latest resource file for CAS and edited it (but I didn't edit my in-game one though ) and put it in a "Package" folder, I'm kind of exhausted at this point.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 7:26 AM
You don't have to clone CC with S3OC before you change the settings with s3pe. Open your custom content package file with s3pe, find the OBJD and follow the steps in the tutorial KatyFernlily linked. It really is as simple as it seems. It's not a "conversion", just a setting you change which you can change back anytime. If you have doubts, make a backup copy of the original CC package and put it somewhere safely. So if anything goes wrong you can delete the changed one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 11:01 AM Last edited by 1StarRunner : 2nd Dec 2019 at 12:42 PM.
Hopeful for a Resolution
Honestly I think the exact placement of where to put these files is where I mused be confused. I must not know where specifically to store the CC files in the CAW files, I don't know where specifically to put the resource.cfg file in CAW and where it needs to go in the Sims 3 files if that applies, and I don't know if I should or where I should put the CC files in The Sims files? Despite reading the multiple tutorials to and putting them to use I must be doing something wrong because nothing shows up in CAW.

My CAW resource file is in: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool
- My CAW was missing a resource file, I downloaded one off MTS and edited file following THIS and put

"Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package"

at the end of its inscriptions.

- whether I put the resource file in the CAW Package folder ( C:\Users\Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\Packages) or not, nothing showed up.

My CAW CC file is in: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\Packages
- The file has been edited word for word based on "simsample" S3PE instructions HERE
- I even tried putting the CC file unedited in the same location, still nothing showed up

The same CC file is also in: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
- I did this based on multiple resource stating that the "Mods" folders of The Sims 3 and CAW are connected
- Whether the file wasn't it the Sims 3 file at all, in the Mods folder, or in the Packages folder, nothing showed up.

The CC file I'm trying to convert: The "Ficus" tree from the Around the Sims Jungle Set (I've loved her work for quite some time, I would check her site out!) in which I converted to a package file using the Sims3Pack Multi Installer program.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Any ideas? This is making my college biological anthropology class seem easy.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 12:42 PM
Ok...

1. The resource.cfg is different for CAW and game. These are two distinct files which are not interchangeable.
2. CC for the game goes into the Mods folder in your user documents (that part looks good)
3. The resource.cfg for CAW already exists in the CAW INSTALLATION folder, the modification is only appended at the end of the file as in the tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...p:CAW_Framework
4. CC for CAW goes into the INSTALLATION folder (create a subfolder Packages there as described in the tutorial).
5. CAW itself will use CC in its INSTALLATION path framework. If you start Edit in Game function of CAW, it will load a modified game engine which will use the CC in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods folder.
6. If you enable objects for CAW, you will need to have them in BOTH folders, in the CAW installation path packages folder as well as in the mods folder for your game. Only objects that are enabled for CAW as in simsamples guide will show up in CAW metadata.

In your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool folder there are only height maps, your world wips and source textures. It is NOT used for CC.
Please make sure to read tutorials carefully. Those paths can be confusing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 1:16 PM
No wonder why nothing was working, I don't even have a "CAW INSTALLATION" folder which explains why I had to manually add a resource file with no results despite my efforts in the first place. What a headache lol, if MTS is working, I attached is a screen shot of my entire CAW folder, the circled resource file is the one I added manually. I downloaded CAW through the Sims site January 1, of 2019 so I can only assume this is a new problem? The only file I have that has the word "resource" and "CAW" is actually a .txt document titled "xcpt FIRSTNAME 19-12-01 04.14.06".
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Ok...

1. The resource.cfg is different for CAW and game. These are two distinct files which are not interchangeable.
2. CC for the game goes into the Mods folder in your user documents (that part looks good)
3. The resource.cfg for CAW already exists in the CAW INSTALLATION folder, the modification is only appended at the end of the file as in the tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...p:CAW_Framework
4. CC for CAW goes into the INSTALLATION folder (create a subfolder Packages there as described in the tutorial).
5. CAW itself will use CC in its INSTALLATION path framework. If you start Edit in Game function of CAW, it will load a modified game engine which will use the CC in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods folder.
6. If you enable objects for CAW, you will need to have them in BOTH folders, in the CAW installation path packages folder as well as in the mods folder for your game. Only objects that are enabled for CAW as in simsamples guide will show up in CAW metadata.

In your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool folder there are only height maps, your world wips and source textures. It is NOT used for CC.
Please make sure to read tutorials carefully. Those paths can be confusing.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 1:24 PM
Again, the screenshot shows your USER DOCUMENTS folder. This is not where the game is installed nor CAW. Please remove the resource.cfg and the packages folder you added to C:\Users\Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\

The INSTALLATION path for CAW by default is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\ It may vary if you installed via Origin or steam or chose a different hard drive for your installation.

You can remove the xcpt-files. These are error reports if your game crashes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 2:56 PM
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to find a solution to my problem. I was confused by the CAW Installation folder and for some reason by brain overlooked that fact several times. Forgiver me for any inconveniences I may have caused. Because my break is done and college is in full throttle, I'll be making a tutorial to help those like me confused about the user and program file but this weekend though. I appreciated your help tremendously. It's nice to know that the Sim community is still strong and willing to help each other out!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 8:21 AM
*** I'll post tutorial of what I specifically did to solve problem sometime after 12/19/2019, I forgot I have finals this week and next week, lol. ***