Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 2:05 AM
Default How To Add An Avatar/Profile Pic??? + Help On Pack Filter Bug
I can't believe I'm doing this, but this site doesn't seem to have any clear way to add an avatar, seeing how almost everyone doesn't have one I bet most of them just gave up. I can't seem to find anyway on how to add an avatar/profile pic.... Please can someone tell me how to add an avatar? Does anyone even know how? Was this some sorta removed feature?

My other issue is, pack filters. It seems that I can't turn them off, when I try to and head to the next page it turns them back on! It seems like the site doesn't recognize that I turned off all 'game purchased' packs, although they appear disabled on my profile, the pack filters for them are stuck on. I tried turning on all 'game purchased' packs for ts4 too, but that didn't change pack filters. I've been browsing MTS on incognito mode as it seems like that's the only way the site will let me see all the mods for all packs... This has been broken since when the whole pack filters thing was released, if this feature isn't going to be fixed/supported, please remove it, it's making browsing the site a pain as it's quite bugged.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 9:45 AM
For the avatar, click on your name next to your post in this thread. Then click Edit My Profile> Settings & Options> Edit Avatar. A quick way to get there is the Control Panel option in your profile menu (click top right corner of the page); for me it looks like this:

But not sure what it would look like for someone with no avatar!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 12:27 PM
Thank you! I know have an avatar, you've fixed half of all my issues I've had with this site! Thanks!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
My other issue is, pack filters. It seems that I can't turn them off, when I try to and head to the next page it turns them back on! It seems like the site doesn't recognize that I turned off all 'game purchased' packs, although they appear disabled on my profile, the pack filters for them are stuck on. I tried turning on all 'game purchased' packs for ts4 too, but that didn't change pack filters. I've been browsing MTS on incognito mode as it seems like that's the only way the site will let me see all the mods for all packs... This has been broken since when the whole pack filters thing was released, if this feature isn't going to be fixed/supported, please remove it, it's making browsing the site a pain as it's quite bugged.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason that turning them on in your profile didn't work is because it's also saved in a cookie, and the cookie has a higher priority, hence why it didn't appear to work.

I did just find and fix a bug specifically with changing sections (ie going from Downloads down into Lots & Housing) after turning off *all* filter packs, so this should work as expected now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
For the avatar, click on your name next to your post in this thread. Then click Edit My Profile> Settings & Options> Edit Avatar. A quick way to get there is the Control Panel option in your profile menu (click top right corner of the page); for me it looks like this:

For people with no avatar it uses a font-awesome person icon, so they can still click on and get the dropdown.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jan 2023 at 6:28 AM

Extremely helpful - for some reason the site wasn't playing nice with me for a while but it ended up loading. Might've been on my end connection wise.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 12:26 AM
I try to edit my avatar but get "The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again." The file is in fact a png, 100x100, and is only 2kb. :'(
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 12:48 AM
@VixenFoxen Could you perhaps attach it here to a post so that we could see what the problem is?
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 1:30 AM
@VixenFoxen Could you perhaps attach it here to a post so that we could see what the problem is?

I got it! it was a png but it wasn't reading it? I put it into paint and saved it specifically as a PNG and it read the file this time... I've been trying to do this for like an hour and of course I only figure it out while I'm trying to figure out how to put an image in this reply because the image sharing service wouldn't take it either.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th Nov 2023 at 11:19 AM
Hehe, that's why I asked you to do that! Well done for fixing it!