Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2020 at 3:07 PM
Default Connor (Male, Young Adult, White British)
Hi, here's another Sim I have in the works, a quite tall and quite shy young adult. How does he hold up in terms of uniqueness?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 14th May 2020 at 4:56 PM
I think the hair and eyes are good. The nose and mouth seem flat in side profile but don't know if that is the look you are trying to achieve.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2020 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I think the hair and eyes are good. The nose and mouth seem flat in side profile but don't know if that is the look you are trying to achieve.

Noses I must admit aren't my strong point. They're either triangles or wedges
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th May 2020 at 6:10 PM
Most Europeans, or Caucasians in general have "strong-looking" pointy noses that stand out in side view. I can suggest using this slider
http://modthesims.info/d/484377/nose-depth-slider.html
Or if you're hesitant using custom sliders try using nose length/nose tip depth sliders in combination. If it becomes too pointy, rotate the tip a little bit downwards.

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th May 2020 at 7:16 PM
I quite like him, but I think proportion-wise, the eyes and nose should be smaller, or the mouth larger, and perhaps his eyes could be a bit closer together. But this just is my aesthetic ideal! Or possibly, keep the eyes and nose the same but widen his jaw, if you have that slider.

He's cute, though!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th May 2020 at 8:45 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 14th May 2020 at 10:47 PM.
So I took a look at your feedback and here's the result:

Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Most Europeans, or Caucasians in general have "strong-looking" pointy noses that stand out in side view. I can suggest using this slider
http://modthesims.info/d/484377/nose-depth-slider.html
Or if you're hesitant using custom sliders try using nose length/nose tip depth sliders in combination. If it becomes too pointy, rotate the tip a little bit downwards.

I downloaded the nose depth slider like you suggested and it works a treat, thanks!
Also don't worry about custom sliders. I've not kept track of which ones I've used but I can go through and check which have different values (I've used nraas Master Controller) and he has a heavily customised body shape.

Quote: Originally posted by sychogrl
I quite like him, but I think proportion-wise, the eyes and nose should be smaller, or the mouth larger, and perhaps his eyes could be a bit closer together. But this just is my aesthetic ideal! Or possibly, keep the eyes and nose the same but widen his jaw, if you have that slider.

I had a go by moving the eyes closer together, widening and thickening the mouth, and widening the jaw.

He's cute, though!

Thanks.

UPDATE: Looks like I may be set back a bit since my game crashed and I forgot to save.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th May 2020 at 9:15 PM Last edited by flammen : 14th May 2020 at 9:54 PM.
IMHO this looks like an Asian-European hybrid. Slanted eyes like that are not a common feature in Europeans. The upper apex feels all wrong. In another thread there is an image that nails my ramblings:

Not meant in any rude fashion, just the 2 cents of a European dude

Some more examples:

I really should do my homework before posting...

At least it's all British faces...

Continental faces support my point:

Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2020 at 7:56 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 15th May 2020 at 8:13 AM.
Okay it didn't take me long to get back to where I was.

Save game

Quote: Originally posted by flammen
IMHO this looks like an Asian-European hybrid. Slanted eyes like that are not a common feature in Europeans. The upper apex feels all wrong. In another thread there is an image that nails my ramblings:

Does this look better?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#9 Old 15th May 2020 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Okay it didn't take me long to get back to where I was.

Save game

Does this look better?

The outer corner of European eyes tend to be on the same level or lower than the inner one. Still looks East Asian to me.

I found a good example pic:

Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th May 2020 at 9:10 PM
The outer corner of European eyes tend to be on the same level or lower than the inner one. Still looks East Asian to me.

I found a good example pic:

Okay, I've had a go with the eye corners.
The first screenshot shows how it is with the skin I want to use.
The second screenshot is only there to show that the corners are on the same height.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th May 2020 at 10:40 PM
He's looking good. And may I suggest adding a little bit of a nasolabial crease?

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th May 2020 at 11:57 PM
I have no idea what you are actually trying to do as there is no standard for people generally, but in general noses are not that small/flat in profile.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
He's looking good. And may I suggest adding a little bit of a nasolabial crease?

I tried a nasolabial crease on him but it just didn't look right.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have no idea what you are actually trying to do as there is no standard for people generally, but in general noses are not that small/flat in profile.

Thanks, I have played around with the nose profile.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th May 2020 at 7:30 PM

Not meant in any rude fashion, just the 2 cents of a European dude

You nailed it. Emigrated to Canada from England as a kid.

His costar over there, however, is kind of all over the ethnic map to me. Wikipedia does not say where his parents are from, only that his father is American and has an Irish surname.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th May 2020 at 7:53 PM
So I took a look at your feedback and here's the result:

I downloaded the nose depth slider like you suggested and it works a treat, thanks!
Also don't worry about custom sliders. I've not kept track of which ones I've used but I can go through and check which have different values (I've used nraas Master Controller) and he has a heavily customised body shape.

I had a go by moving the eyes closer together, widening and thickening the mouth, and widening the jaw.

Cool! Another suggestion, maybe the eye apex slider if you don't have it. Here's my current take on the first European guy @flammen mentioned earlier -- my own interpretive flaws aside, and there are many because I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from expert. But the apex slider moves the arch of his eyelids left, right, and center. A-like so:

There was definitely a basis in fact for that unfortunate "round-eyes" slur...

Also, how did his lips turn orange?? Erk...
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th May 2020 at 10:16 PM
Cool! Another suggestion, maybe the eye apex slider if you don't have it. Here's my current take on the first European guy @flammen mentioned earlier -- my own interpretive flaws aside, and there are many because I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from expert. But the apex slider moves the arch of his eyelids left, right, and center. A-like so:

There was definitely a basis in fact for that unfortunate "round-eyes" slur...

Also, how did his lips turn orange?? Erk...

I had a slight play with the apex. Personally I'm not keen on it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:37 AM
I had a slight play with the apex. Personally I'm not keen on it.

That's cool. If it's not your vision for the Sim, no biggie. I can't live without it, haha.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th May 2020 at 8:46 PM
In that case, do you think he is ready for upload?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th May 2020 at 2:03 AM
In that case, do you think he is ready for upload?

I think it's up to you!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th May 2020 at 8:52 AM
He is now in the moderation queue.