Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 10:36 AM
Default Trait based painting: invitation to contribute art and/or feedback.
Hello Simmers, my 9 year old has made a mod to add more variety to the painting skill. He has successfully added new paintings to the game which are linked to specific traits. For example if your sim has the 'Natural Cook' trait they can now paint food artwork. I will be using the food example throughout this post.

He read about how EA had an invitation to submit artwork to be made into the game and would like to invite the sims community to submit their own artwork into his mod. He would like to stick with the guidelines of the original creators. (1) It must look like art, (2) you must have rights to it, and (3) photographs are okay but only if they’ve been highly filtered and didn't have human figures. Feel free to request a skill level/trait for your paintings to be placed.

Feedback he would like is:
Would you like him to add to it while still leaving the current painting alone so that it will be compatible with any replacements you might already have? including this overhaul mod which replaces all 1580 paintings?

Is there any type of paintings or subjects you'd like to see more of? Such as llamas or where 2 or more paintings can be hung side by side to form one piece of artwork. There is a triptych already in the game you can see that in the link he read earlier in this post.

As there are over 100 traits he would like to target this more to the needs/wants of the people. so the questions regarding this are:
1) Which traits would you like to see more paintings for?
2) If you have picked a trait could you elaborate on types of paintings you'd like included.
3) How many additional paintings would you like? This could be a per trait, per skill level, per canvas size or the whole mod sort of an answer.
4) Would you like them to be skill based where the quality of painting matches the skill level?
5) Are you wanting it to match the current system where you have a limited time access to each painting or would you rather it be more of an "unlocked food paintings" sort of a thing?
6) Would you be wanting more Brilliant and Masterpiece paintings added?

Currently he would like to include as many different traits as he can logically add paintings to. He is however limited in this. So far in his testing hidden traits have not worked, also the original 9 traits that the game uses are slightly hindered by this fact. He hasn't tested every trait but a selection of them throughout and so far all the traits you can set via CAS and the ones you can buy with lifetime happiness points such as 'super green thumb' seem to be working.
He is planning on having the traits gain different amounts of paintings. Some might only get a painting or 2 these will be more of an "unlocked" style where they can be painted at any skill level. Some might break down into skill levels 0-3 Poor, 4-6 Average, 7-9 Good, 10 Awesome. While others might end up with a full range of paintings where they match the current system as you can only access each painting for a short period of time as you out level them skill wise.
Each painting can only be linked to one trait unless it is added multiple times, for each trait in question.

He originally wanted to have it work like the current system where multiple traits can share the same paintings and also have the buffs determine what you can paint. If your sim was hungry they could paint a food painting. Although he found am xml to do this in it won't work unless the paintings are set up in the game code as painting styles like the somber, insane, genius. I don't know how to code so I was unable to help him out in this aspect. But he does hope to try again in the future. If however you could help out now he would love to be shown how to go about it.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and we really appreciate any feed back you can give to help him focus his mod. He would be over joyed if people actually submit artwork to be added. I can add a default small, medium and large painting to this if anyone would like that to work from, let me know and thanks again.