2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#201 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 6:09 PM
Hi, I'm having a problem with PhotoStudio - it tells me it can't find any templates in the Data folder, but there's definitely a bunch there. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?
Advertisement
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#202 Old 19th Feb 2024 at 12:45 PM
I see another version has rolled out (0.77.69.11) which now shows some PersonData flags under Other, and semester flags under University. I sometimes get glitched pets who are marked as Runaways but are actually with their owner, so this saves some hassle of having to go into the Extended Browser and look for the correct bit to flip. I appreciate that. Thanks for maintaining SimPE despite your loss of a loved one (I forgot to bring forth my condolences back then, so I'll do it now) and a loss of interest in Sims itself @Chris Hatch

One thing I lately came to realise I really miss from 0.75.69 though, compared to 0.77.69 - it used to be possible to easily add custom majors, schools and careers to SimPE via XML files stowed away in a Data folder. To this day I still could not find out how to do this in 0.77.69, because even if I do add my dozens of custom majors to the File Table, they won't show up in the drop-down list. Any guidance from someone who's managed to do it?
Inventor
#203 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 5:11 AM
They seem to have put all the customizable files inside simpe.commandline.dll now. You no longer have expansions XML or an editable default GUID index.

I'd use another SimPE in parallel, and start the one that is best for the task. Unfortunately the CH version pops up a giant License about "naked persons" when you switch versions.
Scholar
#204 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 10:51 AM
SimPe's Data Folder is now in your user profile files where Windows System File Protection doesn't interfere with making changes.
The path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SimPe\Data
Editing, adding or removing custom schools, majors and careers can be done through the Settings Manager without you needing to go searching for the .xml files.
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#205 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 2:59 PM
Quote:
Editing, adding or removing custom schools, majors and careers can be done through the Settings Manager without you needing to go searching for the .xml files.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for! I really thought that the Settings Manager was the same as the Preferences you can access from SimPE.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
SimPe's Data Folder is now in your user profile files where Windows System File Protection doesn't interfere with making changes.
The path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SimPe\Data

Thank you, I popped my PhotoStudio templates there and they worked perfectly.
Test Subject
#207 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It has sounds?!

Quote: Originally posted by LimeyYoshi
I run 0.77.69.9 since it was released... I never heard a sound of any sort in SimPE. What triggers those?

Looks like I didn't have the most recent version - I had 0.77.69.2, which has an interesting plugin view for resource types that didn't normally have one. It said "I love b--bies" or something like that and had a rotation of lady cartoons and x-rated sounds that would suddenly play. Idk what I did to trigger it, but it scared the hell out of me when it first happened and there were suddenly moans coming from SimPE haha. There were a few resource types in the neighborhood files that used it, I think that's the only time I ever saw it.

It doesn't appear to be present anymore in later versions (I just downloaded 0.77.69.11) so thank you so much to Chris for removing those! Very appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 4:19 PM
@Chris Hatch I'm developing a script in Blender to import animations from The Sims 2. To do this, I manually note down the xyz coordinate float values for translation and rotation of each bone into a txt file for every timecode. It would be fantastic if in the cAnimResourceConst there was a button that allows the export of data in an organized manner into a text file like that:

bonename: spine1
type: rot or trans
tc = 608
x: -10,00000000
y: 0
z: 0
tc = 782
x: -1,78125000
y: 0
z: 0

etc

Would it be possible to include it?
thank you very much
Screenshots

AlexCroft - Custom Content Creator
STAY TUNED!
YouTube
Patreon
Scholar
#209 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexCroft
@Chris Hatch I'm developing a script in Blender to import animations from The Sims 2. To do this, I manually note down the xyz coordinate float values for translation and rotation of each bone into a txt file for every timecode. It would be fantastic if in the cAnimResourceConst there was a button that allows the export of data in an organized manner into a text file like that: Would it be possible to include it?
thank you very much

Yes, what I have done is added a 'To Clipboard' option to the context menu (Right Click - Dropdown menu) to send all the information to Windows Clipboard. From there you can just paste it into a text file or whatever file you want it in.

To save you searching back for the SimPE update files they are:
http://simfileshare.net/folder/77372/
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 13th Mar 2024 at 9:25 PM
Thank you!! The list genarated copy to clipboard RAW data. is it possible to copy the float value instead of the raw data?
the float value in the field showed in the image. thanks
Screenshots

STAY TUNED!
YouTube
Patreon
Test Subject
#211 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 6:13 AM
I was thinking that part of the reason that SimPE didn't get much development in the past decade or so is because there isn't an active public repository for the program, so people interested in adding features or fixing things can't do so. I wonder if it's possible to host the code on Github or any other site? The old sourceforge repo is obviously no longer maintained.
Alchemist
#212 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 11:18 PM
@AlexCroft I'm not sure if you've seen this, but @ammar2 did some further decoding of the animation format that hasn't been posted to the wiki. He gave me the link to his work when I was looking for someone to make a blender importer for animations (the person I contacted didn't have the time to take on the project).
Scholar
#213 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexCroft
Thank you!! The list genarated copy to clipboard RAW data. is it possible to copy the float value instead of the raw data?
the float value in the field showed in the image. thanks

I have just placed a file (simpe.gmdc.exporter.base.zip) among the SimPE files, use that to replace the simpe.gmdc.exporter.base.dll in SimPe.

It is only compatible with very recent versions of SimPe, therefore to avoid problems for others I will remove it once I know you have it.

Make sure Windows System File Protection doesn't kick in as that may cause problems with any future SimPE updates, delete the original before placing the new.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 18th Mar 2024 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I have just placed a file (simpe.gmdc.exporter.base.zip) among the SimPE files, use that to replace the simpe.gmdc.exporter.base.dll in SimPe.

It is only compatible with very recent versions of SimPe, therefore to avoid problems for others I will remove it once I know you have it.

Make sure Windows System File Protection doesn't kick in as that may cause problems with any future SimPE updates, delete the original before placing the new.

thank you :D

STAY TUNED!
YouTube
Patreon
Page 9 of 9