Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

All-In-One and Nanny 090429

by christianlov Posted 26th May 2008 at 9:57 AM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 1:22 PM by christianlov : Bug found

237 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 10
Instructor
#226 Old 17th Sep 2013 at 8:46 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, but I get a new NPC every time I log into the game. Not really a bug, but a bit confusing since the last one's never seen again and adds to my neighborhood population every time I load.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
THANKS POST
#227 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:19 AM
Awesome idea. Haven't it out yet but I really look forward to it. Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:35 AM
Good job... Great contribution... Thanks.
Test Subject
#229 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:57 PM
Default Help with All in Move in
I am using ur all in one. I finally got the hang of things but the tweak im confused about. When we move the (All in ) into th home why doesnt it function as it normally would? Why cant that be the personal all in? Is it suppose to do that and its just bugging? Please help
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#230 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 4:33 PM
LMAOO SHE REALLY A MAID WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT THATS SO CRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OMG THE NANNY NEVER DO WHAT THEY SUPPOSE TO THO
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 3:10 PM
great! wonderful mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 11:37 AM
This is an amazing mod, I haven't used this yet but from what I saw on Jessa's lets play it is a must have and I can't believe I haven't come upon this sooner.
Thank you Christianlov xx
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#233 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 8:52 PM
I hope this works like I think it will. Been really Tired of The Maxis workers being on the lot all day and the job not done
Field Researcher
#234 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 3:15 PM
Does anybody know how to hire a playable as nanny. Is it possible with this mod?
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 9:20 PM
Trouble with Nanny
This is a new issue that I have only recently encountered. It might be a conflict with a download, but most of my custom content/mods worked well with this previously. All I have downloaded recently are recolors of furniture. So, maybe there is something else that I am doing incorrectly?

When trying to assign the nanny NPC, I keep getting the error: "Sorry, but there is no sim of that type in this neighborhood or all sims of that type are already in this lot. We may need to create one."

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Oh, btw, I am using the All-in-One with great success. I do have one of those on the same lot and functioning fine. It's just the nanny that seems broken.

Thanks.
Forum Resident
#236 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 7:29 PM
@salamanderer
Since I use these mods and love them too, I thought I'd try and give you a hand, especially because it's been some years since christianlov seems to have been active.

Disclaimer: I believe I have a more recent version of the paintings in my game than are available here; I snagged it from christianlov's personal site not long before it went down for good. So it's possible my version doesn't quite work like yours, and we'll have to keep that in mind.

Anyway, in my game, when I place each new painting (nanny or AIO or a combination), if I simply place it and do nothing else, just run Live mode, the game within 1 sim-hour will create (or summon, if there's a spare already) an AIO to come stand under the painting...and bring that newly created sim to the lot to do so. (Unless it's during the AIO off-times, between 11 or midnight and 4 or 5am, in which case they'll come when it's not during those times.)

In other words, it surprises me that you get that message, because AFAIK, the paintings will always create an AIO or nanny if there is none currently to spare. So...do you get the same message if you only place the painting and wait the sim-hour out, before using Assign?

And speaking of Assign...in my game, although the AIO for each painting can be assigned by menu to be a playable, this isn't possible on the Nanny paintings----the Nanny can only be chosen from among precreated AIO/Nannies that the paintings themselves created. Is that how it works in your game also? Or are you saying you have a menu option on the Nanny painting to assign a playable, and that that isn't working?

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Lab Assistant
#237 Old 29th Jul 2019 at 3:21 PM
Default RE: Trouble with Nanny
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
@salamanderer
...do you get the same message if you only place the painting and wait the sim-hour out, before using Assign?

And speaking of Assign...in my game, although the AIO for each painting can be assigned by menu to be a playable, this isn't possible on the Nanny paintings----the Nanny can only be chosen from among precreated AIO/Nannies that the paintings themselves created. Is that how it works in your game also? Or are you saying you have a menu option on the Nanny painting to assign a playable, and that that isn't working?

Hi, natboopsie, and thanks for offering help! You are correct; I do not have "assign" for the nanny painting. Sorry if it sounded as though I did. It is only on the AIO painting.

That said, I don't remember what game time I put it up/tried to use it, but I got the same error in several different houses, which is why I counted it as an overall problem instead of a one-off.

Some things I had in mind for conflicts were made moot because they weren't duplicated across all houses. For instance, I at first thought the glitch might have happened because the pregnant Sim had brought the painting with her from her former household when she moved out, but that wasn't so in the other houses. Neither was it the teen pregnancy hack, for the same reason.

Now, you might have hit on it when mentioning the wait of an in-game hour. It is possible that I just didn't wait long enough before trying to schedule the nanny. My AIO was up and working fine for a long time in game already, so even if I had unknowingly done the same with it, it functioned perfectly, regardless. Maybe the nanny painting is just less forgiving?

Eventually, a new type nanny did show up, but after I deleted the paintings, backed out to the neighborhood, and then went back in to replace both paintings. I made sure to first assign the AIO, and hadn't even set the schedule on the nanny painting when someone appeared in front of it (though a lady in a black apron, not the old lady in woolens). So, it could very well be the timing factor. I will try to remember that for the next time I need it, and see if it gives me the error again or not.

Thanks for pointing out that very small, but oh so important step!
Forum Resident
#238 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 3:40 PM
Great! So glad that helped and you've now got a working Christianlov nanny.

Yes, in my game the painting's nanny is dressed just like the AIO, so both are dressed like the Maxis bartender, as you describe---the black apron (over a white shirt and black pants).

Actually, in my game if there's only a nanny painting on the lot but I already have at least one AIO created (from using a regular AIO painting elsewhere), then the nanny painting calls one of the existing AIOs to the lot, to work as the nanny. Otherwise, it makes a new NPC to be the nanny.

So clearly the coding of those two NPC types is actually somewhat interchangeable.

Thanks to you as well, salamanderer, for your observations; it's surely of future help to others to know that the nanny painting may need more time after placement than the AIO one does to get started!

Thread note: this also answers the old question of roxmaniac, above salamanderer's original: no, apparently it is not possible to assign a playable as a custom nanny using this mod, because the nanny painting has no such options. It appears possible only to assign playables as a regular AIO, using the AIO painting's option.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Page 10 of 10