Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:57 AM
Also, when he sings the song for Denethor. Lovely voice. Great talent and perfectly cast!

"Wolves are not just wild dogs. Rather, dogs are domesticated wolves."
~L. David Mech; The Way Of The Wolf~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:19 AM
Yes, I love his voice too. Billy Boyd used to be in his own band..I'm not sure whether he still sings professionally though.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
Oooh! I just remembered my favourite quote of the Fellowship:

"They've got a cave troll" I just imagine this face when it's said --> .____.

I think Boromir says it and it always makes me laugh :D

And I adore Billy's voice :O
Forum Resident
#29 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM
Hard to pick just one favorite character. I loved Boromir though, not to mention that one of my favorite actors (Sean Bean) played him in the movie. I always cry at his death scene both when I read it in the books or in the movie.

My favorite quote is by Eowyn "I am no man!" In the book: "No man am I!"
Banned
#30 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:13 AM
I also was going to say that one jmtom, so on a related note:

"Sauron has yet to reveal his most deadliest of foes. The Witch King of Agmar. The one they say no living man can kill, you've met him before. He stabbed Frodo on Weathertop!"
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 2:28 PM
i'm new here hi! i'm for evil, my favourite characters in the lord of the rings is Sauron, i've ever had an attraction for evil characters, i like him because is powerful and very beautiful with his armature(i've an image of him without helm) but i also like Pippin, is very funny and cute
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:24 PM
It's so hard to choose.... i like the humans, though. Aragorn and Faramir, i guess...

I love the way Aragorn is portrayed as this person who has such a huge obligation but is afraid of letting everyone down.

And it's so heartbreaking the position Faramir is in...
Faramir: You wish now that our places had been exchanged...
That I had died and Boromir had lived.
Denethor: Yes. I wish that.

Ouch!
Besides, did anyone see David Wenham in 300? <sizzle>
Scholar
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:15 PM
Favorite character: My favorite is a combination of two characters: Legolas and Gimli
The actors played the dwarf and elf perfectly (dwarves are blustery, proud, extroverted, gruff and they love their beer...elves are stoic, graceful, and way too above it all to let you see them sweat...the Vulcans in Star Trek remind me of Tolkein elves alot)...and the way Gimli and Legolas develop their friendship was really entertaining.

Favorite movie: I couldn't pick just one as my favorite because they're all amazingly well done and have their own flavor that sets them apart.

Quotes:
"Toss me!...Just don't tell the Elf."
"He's twitching because my axe is imbedded in his spinal cord!
"An Elf will go underground where a Dwarf dares not? Ooh...I'd never hear the end of it!"
"That still only counts as one!"
And the entire speech that Aragorn gives outside the gates of Mordor: "That will not be this day!"

Favorite scene: I have several, but the one that really stands out and makes me yell "Yeah, that's how you bring it! That's right, never bring an Oliphant to an Elf fight!" is when Legolas takes down the Oliphant and "surfs" off its trunk. Yes, boys and girls, *that* is why there are Half-Elves. Chicks dig that stuff.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 2:45 AM
I TOTALLY agree with everything you said!! Aragorn
Scholar
#35 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 8:13 PM
We were watching LOTR (yes all 3 movies) yesterday and I have to add one more favorite scene: When the Witch king says "No man can kill me" and Eowyn pulls off her helm, says "I am no man!" and stabs him in the face. I totally love that scene!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 6:18 PM
Hi everyone i have just joined this group *waves*

Fave character: it's hard to choose but probably Legolas and Pippin (pippin is sooo cute lol)

Fave movie: there is no way i could possibly decide so all of them

Fave quotes:
Pippin: What's that?
Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.
Pippin: It comes in pints? I'm getting one.

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Banned
#37 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 6:04 PM Last edited by joninmobile : 30th Oct 2009 at 4:22 PM.
"I release you from the spell"
"You have no power here Gandalf Stormcrow"
"I withdraw you Saruman as poison is withdrawn from a wound"
"If I go Theoden dies"
"You will not kill me, you will not kill him"

I love that awesome exorsism scene.

Also another good quote from The Two Towers:

"Last I checked, it was Theoden, not Aragorn who was king of Rohan"
Field Researcher
#38 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 3:52 AM
Favorite Character:

In the books, it's Aragorn. As for movies, it's definitely Gimli.

Favorite Movie:

Fellowship or RotK. Fellowship because Frodo and the others (the Hobbits at least) are still wide-eyed and don't really know what kind of evil there is out there waiting for them. It shows more beauty in their world too, I think, with Hobbiton being so untouched and simple, and with Lothlorien still inhabited and having that kind of distinct elven beauty.... But then I love RotK because we see the cumulation of all of what's happened in the first two movies, all the fighting and the anguish, and we see that they all come through it alive (... with the exception of Boromir, of course.). They make it, they do what they set out to. Not to mention the fact that RotK is so visually breath-taking, with the soaring battle shots and the amazing CGI.

Favorite Quotes:

Gandalf: A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Gollum: Taters? What is taters, Precious, what is taters?
Samwise: Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew....

Gimli: "Nobody tosses a dwarf!”

And later...

Gimli: ...Toss me.
Aragorn: What?
Gimli: Toss me! Only...don't tell the elf....
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IntrepidLlama

Gollum: Taters? What is taters, Precious, what is taters?
Samwise: Po-tay-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew....

(7 characters)

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 10:37 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the group. *waves* I'm pretty new to the site as well.

Favourite Character:
Boromir is definitely my favourite character. I can go on for paragraphs as to why. (My favourite characters ALWAYS seem to die. It is quite heartbreaking.) Faramir and Aragorn are tied for second place.

Favourite Movie:
That is a hard question. I'd have to go with: Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition.

Favourite Quote(s): (A few of them anyway. lol.)
- Boromir (to Frodo): "Gandalf's death was not in vain. Nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden, Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead."
- Legolas: "Lembas. Elvish waybread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man."
Merry (to Pippin): "How many did you eat?"
Pippin: "Four."
- Legolas: "You look terrible."
- Gandalf: "Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death and judgement."
Banned
#41 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:29 PM
My faves aragon and the mouth of suaron.
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 8:46 PM
New to this site and the group. Hello there! ^_^

Favourite Characters (Movie):
Eowyn
Galadriel
Treebeard

Favourite Characters (Books):
Eowyn
Faramir (He's much more awesome in the books ^^)

Favourite Movie: Two Towers/ Return of the King

Quotes

"Many of these trees were my friends - creatures I had known from nut and acorn...
Saruman. A wizard should know better. [...]
My business is with Isengard tonight - wither rock and stone.
Come, my friends. The Ents are going to war. It is likely that we go to our doom. The last march of the Ents!"

"Ride out with me. Ride out and meet with them."
"For death and glory."
"For Rohan. For your people."
"Yes. Yes! The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time!"
"Yes!"
"May this be the hour when we draw swords together."

Those two scenes have the same soundtrack. I love it ^____^

"Forth! And fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken. Shields shall be splitten. A sword day! A red day! As the sun rises!!"
"Whatever happens: stay with me. I'll look after you."
"Ride now! Ride now!! Ride! Ride for ruin! And the world's ending! Death!!!"
"DEATH!!!"
"Death!!"
"DEATH!!!"
"Death!!!"
"DEATH!!!"
"Forth, Eorlingard!!"

And finally:

"For Frodo."
"RWAAAAH!!"

Isn't it awesome that two Hobbits who are half the size of the soldiers run first? Everyone is frozen, their king runs to death (somehow^^) and the HOBBITS follow him?
Banned
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
I love the quote Gandalf said, something about "It's up to you to decide what to do with the time that is given you"
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 2:31 PM
my fav character is sam wise
best line is by frodo on mount doom.... "I can't recall the taste of food sam"

Page 2 of 2