Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

British Style High Street

by MogHughson Posted 29th Sep 2009 at 8:55 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2010 at 10:25 PM by MogHughson

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 6:37 PM
Default Pictures of the inside
... and here are some additional pictures of the insides of the shops and apartments on this lot. They are linked from the main thread too.

Enjoy!

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:12 PM
I assume you need apartment life for this? The required games only has the base game listed. Thanks for changing it!

Go Jason English!! 1st place 24hr Solo mountain Bike world Champs! :)
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:18 PM
Fantastic lot! I love mixed use apartments/shops in real life and in the Sims.
This lot goes really well with row houses (thanks Mootilda!). Can build a whole British style neighborhood!

small note: Mr. Huble is not inevitable if you have the MATY anti-humble and buyable Humble computer fixes.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:24 PM
Yes you need Apartment Life EP. This thread wasn't done through the upload wizard due to number of photos going over the 8 per thread limit. Thus, I didn't have the opportunity to check the appropriate buttons until it was posted - tis done now - you just beat me to it

I personally love the fact that you get a free computer - never even occurred to me to turn it off! Those that have the mod will no doubt realise as you did that they'll have to buy their own computer to put on the desk in the apartment

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:31 PM
I love it!! Have been waiting for somebody to do something like this!! Personally I've always wanted to live above a shop -- ahh well at least now my simmies can live my dream! Excellent work. Looks suspiciously like the high street by me!

thanks xx
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:46 PM
Excellent work Mog. Yay for nipping downstairs to buy the paper!! Oh wait - you havent made that mod yet....

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
Excellent work Mog. Yay for nipping downstairs to buy the paper!! Oh wait - you havent made that mod yet....
Actually to buy a paper (or at least a magazine anyway) you can do with this lot and the shopping mod.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:39 PM
I've had your mod since you released it and tried very hard to make my own community/apartment lots. I have a few nice ones now - one with a pub and one with a launderette below. I'm glad you finally uploaded this lot! Thanks so much for your hard work.

~ Non ducor, duco ~
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by insidious_glamour
I've had your mod since you released it and tried very hard to make my own community/apartment lots. I have a few nice ones now - one with a pub and one with a launderette below. I'm glad you finally uploaded this lot! Thanks so much for your hard work.
Are you planning on uploading them? If you do, let me know and I'll link them from the shopping mod page.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Actually to buy a paper (or at least a magazine anyway) you can do with this lot and the shopping mod.

Indeed - my sims buy a mag, but on a Sunday - they want a paper. I will have a snuffle about for a less awesome solution.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:32 AM
Very nice! Thank you for uploading this!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 8:04 AM
love the mismatched style and the row house design. Thank you

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:06 PM
ModHughson I love this..... I am indeed from England and I think you have nailed the British shop look
Just wanted to know if the lot is built with no custom content and that is all Maxis stuff?

Thank you for bringing a bit of Britain to the Sims 2!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:09 PM
It looks great! I'm happy to see it finished
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jake Lucas
ModHughson I love this..... I am indeed from England and I think you have nailed the British shop look
Just wanted to know if the lot is built with no custom content and that is all Maxis stuff?

Thank you for bringing a bit of Britain to the Sims 2!
As noted in the thread, there is very little custom content in the lot, the shop sign, the two shop manniquins and the supermarket posters. There are links to the four pages on MTS to get those four peices of custom content.

Cheers
Mog

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:30 PM Last edited by MCO798 : 1st Nov 2009 at 7:42 PM.
Wow mog! i've been awaiting this for very long! Really nice.

-Projects-
Humble Way
1 Humble Way-2 Humble Way-3 Humble Way-Humble Way Apartment Complex-Humble Way Spa
Anime Addict
#18 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 4:44 PM
Haha, extremely glad to see this one up, great work on it. :D

My Alter Ego's
MTS | The Sim Supply | The Exchange

"I used to have Multiple Personality Disorder but we're ok now"
"Click here to find out how to keep an idiot busy for hours"
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Are you planning on uploading them? If you do, let me know and I'll link them from the shopping mod page.

I hadn't even thought of uploading them! I'll work on cleaning them out this weekend when I have some free time and let you know so you can link them. ^_^

~ Non ducor, duco ~
Mad Poster
#20 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 9:42 PM
Sweet! I've seen my mannequins in someone elses game now! Brilliant.
Fantastic work on this lot, Mog. It really does look like our streets.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 8:15 PM
wow this is so kool! this would look great in the city i built - it was kind of english themed lol! Great job :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 1:07 PM
Great work Mog. I downloaded this & followed your instructions precisely,but the apartment mailbox didnt show.Moved in sims anyhow & landlord showed up so I guess all ok.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 3:40 PM Last edited by MogHughson : 16th Oct 2009 at 6:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hookedonsims
Great work Mog. I downloaded this & followed your instructions precisely,but the apartment mailbox didnt show.Moved in sims anyhow & landlord showed up so I guess all ok.
Hi there - which instructions were you following? You sound like you might have been following instructions from the Apartments and Shopping on the same lot thread? Were you making alterations to the lot before using it (as those would be need then)? Now that you have moved in Sims - is the mailbox an apartment mailbox or is it still a residential mailbox?

Cheers
Mog

Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 9:54 AM
Hi Mog- Yes I wasusing apt & shopping thread, no alterations made. Moved in sims but still residential mailbox
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hookedonsims
Hi Mog- Yes I wasusing apt & shopping thread, no alterations made. Moved in sims but still residential mailbox
I have seen mention on a thread on this site about this happening if you have a buyable mailbox. Could that be your problem?

Page 1 of 3