Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tweaked Age Lengths (v3)

by Dark Gaia Posted 12th Oct 2014 at 8:13 PM - Updated 7th Apr 2015 at 11:49 AM by Dark Gaia

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:00 PM
For some reason this mod doesn't work for me. My sims still have 20 days to age up to Adult on default settings and 80 days to age up on long. Do I have to start a new family for it to work? (Several mods simply refuse to work for me, like no more autonomous drinks)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:12 AM
Sounds like your game may not be set up for XML mods yet.

Try this:
1. - Drop the .package in /Mods as usual

2. - Make an empty folder named "unpackedmod" in /Mods

3. - In your resource.cfg, add the line

DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

(i.e.: open that file in a text editor and add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" (without quotes) underneath whatever other text it has.)

Thanks to Plasticbox for the instructions
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:49 PM
I love your mod and love you handle
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark Gaia
Sounds like your game may not be set up for XML mods yet.

Try this:
1. - Drop the .package in /Mods as usual

2. - Make an empty folder named "unpackedmod" in /Mods

3. - In your resource.cfg, add the line

DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

(i.e.: open that file in a text editor and add the line "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" (without quotes) underneath whatever other text it has.)

Thanks to Plasticbox for the instructions

it worked! Thank you very much, both for the mod and help
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 6:08 PM
Would it be possible to get a version that is very long? I played TS3 on epic and further modded it so the lifespans were even longer than the Epic settings. I know it sounds exorbitant but something like 10 times your current longest lifespans?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 8:09 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 16th Oct 2014 at 8:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AstrellaLunari
For anyone who is wondering how to edit the numbers to your liking, you can open this package (or any other) with the sims 4 package editor. http://sims4group.github.io/ Since Dark Gaia has so kindly found and uploaded the files for us, all you have to do is right click on the package once you open it in the package editor and select "notepad." It should open up a notepad file where you can edit the document. Find all the instances of the age "age_threshold" that you want to change and change it to the number you desire. At least, that's the theory for now!

I tried this. I downloaded s4pe and opened the downloaded package, but when I right click I see "Text editor", but I can't select it.
What am I doing wrong?

I don't see "Notepad" anywhere.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 8:16 PM
I also haven't had any issues yet. I'm wondering, though, if changing the thresholds back in forth might create issues in sims. I'm playing with:

Baby 3
Child 14
Teen 18
YA 35
A 40
E 35
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I tried this. I downloaded s4pe and opened the downloaded package, but when I right click I see "Text editor", but I can't select it.
What am I doing wrong?

I don't see "Notepad" anywhere.

Under the Settings menu in S4pe, you have to choose Notepad as your external text editor. Once you've done that, you should be able to open the XML file in notepad.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pearlbh
Under the Settings menu in S4pe, you have to choose Notepad as your external text editor. Once you've done that, you should be able to open the XML file in notepad.

Thanks, I did that, but it's still not working.
I include a screenshot so you see what's on my screen.
Maybe that helps.
Screenshots

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:47 AM
Your s4pe appears to be corrupted. This happens when you use 7zip to extract the archive it came in. Try using WinRAR instead.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 10:36 AM
Your s4pe appears to be corrupted. This happens when you use 7zip to extract the archive it came in. Try using WinRAR instead.

But I don't have 7zip. I only have WinRAR.

But I thought it was weird that I didnt need to install s4pe. I didn't need to install SimPE and that works fine, but S3PE is installed like you normally install a program and that works fine.

I downloaded s4pe from the simlogical says. Then I unzip the file with WinRar. And then i search for s4pe.exe in all the files and folders that were unzipped.

I don't know what I do wrong.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:33 AM
Thanks so much for this.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:02 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 19th Oct 2014 at 1:29 PM.

I tried to do it the other way around. I had used WinRar, but I've downloaded 7zip too and I unzipped it with that and now it's not corrupted anymore so I'm going to try to change the values now.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 11:11 PM
Thank you. I wanted my sims to live longer than the original times they were given. Thanks for sharing your hard work. YOU ROCK! ! !
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:27 AM
I can't download this mod from the link becuz it shows me

No cookies found!

No valid MTS login could be found. Please note that you must be logged into MTS to use this server.

Reasons for this not working are:

If you are logged in, then make sure you aren't using any kind of cookie blocker, like Norton Internet Security.
Try allowing "modthesims.info" in your security software for cookies.
MAKE SURE you have ticked the "Remember Me" option when logging in. If you do not, then you will not be able to download.
Generated by getfile.php
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:23 PM
Thank you so much! Since i have this game, i kept complaining that the normal sim lifespan was too short and that the long one is too long! xD
Instructor
#42 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 8:44 PM
Hey does this work with the new patch? My old aging mod seems to have disappeared so I need a new one that's going to be kept up to date.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 2:39 PM Last edited by BklynGrl72 : 28th Mar 2015 at 4:46 PM.
Thanks for the mod and the mini tutorial! I updated it to something more to my liking:
Baby - 5
Child - 15
Teen - 15
YA - 45
Adult - 45
Elder - 50
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 8:28 PM
After updating to the March 2015 patch, I think this has stopped working. When I hover over the age bar, I no longer see numbers, and two of my elders who were at the end of their lifespan die every time I start the game, somehow crashing it. Any thoughts?
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 10:11 PM
It's not working anymore since i updated my game with the new patch that came today.
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:51 AM
Yeah, I was scouring the forums and was told that many XML tuning mods have been outmoded by the recent patch. Any chance there might be an update? That would be amazing. >O<
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:36 AM
How did you manage to update your mod? I create age mods using your tutorial and I'd love to know.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 7:38 AM
After updating version two is needed? There's no explanation at all in the thread.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:31 AM
Hi everyone. V2 is the updated version. I left the previous one up in case anyone who chose not to updated needed it.

You can use V2 as a basis for your age mods using the same method as before.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 11:54 AM
Thank you so much for updating this mod!
Page 2 of 3