Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Woodwork Custom Furniture N Toys Menus

by Leniad Posted 8th Jan 2017 at 4:13 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2017 at 6:14 PM by Leniad : new version more recipes

56 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:31 PM
is it autonomous? the new additions..my sims auto use the table and make nothing but knifeblocks haha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:51 PM
Wow, can't wait to try this. Now my stay at home carpenter sim can have more variety of crafts to make and sell!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:58 PM
Am I reading this correctly? This mods adds the POTENTIAL to make custom toys and furniture using the woodworking table, but it doesn't actually do anything without a separate file for the toys and furniture in question. And since those separate files don't exist yet, players won't actually see any change in their games until those files are made. Is that the situation, or have I misunderstood?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Am I reading this correctly? This mods adds the POTENTIAL to make custom toys and furniture using the woodworking table, but it doesn't actually do anything without a separate file for the toys and furniture in question. And since those separate files don't exist yet, players won't actually see any change in their games until those files are made. Is that the situation, or have I misunderstood?

Lol yea that's exactly what I got from the description as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:37 PM
Default Toys and furniture "Potential"
Quote: Originally posted by gigihuxtable
Lol yea that's exactly what I got from the description as well.

Indeed correct, but the first toy group just got out of moderation, and the first furniture has been uploaded. Limit 2 uploads per day and I needed 3, that's just how it goes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 7:39 PM
Default Autonomous
Quote: Originally posted by lioness21
is it autonomous? the new additions..my sims auto use the table and make nothing but knifeblocks haha

I truly don't know, but I suspect not. Give it a try and LMK.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 8:32 PM
Really cool idea. Thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:11 PM
Just the other day I was wishing that sims could make wooden toys on the woodworking table and here it is. Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leniad
Indeed correct, but the first toy group just got out of moderation, and the first furniture has been uploaded. Limit 2 uploads per day and I needed 3, that's just how it goes.

Thanks for explaining, and thanks for the mod!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 10:31 PM
I love the idea. I'm going to give this a try right now. I'm excited to see that the furniture and toy modules are numbered as 1 :-)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Hayran : 9th Jan 2017 at 6:48 PM.
Thanks, hey. Pls, Can you do like it with electronic, (and optional: dometics appliance) objects? In this craftwood = https://simsworkshop.net/resources/...-workbench.307/ or make a invisible object to put above the table to craft obj eletronics . Thanks Again.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:22 PM
So, were is the other file for the new items?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:22 PM
Default Electronics bench
Quote: Originally posted by Hayran
Thanks, hey. Pls, Can you do like it with electronic, (and optional: dometics appliance) objects? In this craftwood = https://simsworkshop.net/resources/...-workbench.307/ or make a invisible object to put above the table to craft obj eletronics . Thanks Again.

Great idea. I could certainly do that, but I would need a separate bench, like the one in the pic. Would need biguglyhag's permission to use that one. LMK in a pm.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:25 PM
Default files
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772
So, were is the other file for the new items?

The first toy and Furniture files are available for download in downloads section.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:14 PM
These are amazing!
I can do a rags-to-riches type game with a carpenter now!
Quick question: Are any of the custom creations leveled? So far everything my sim has built is normal at standard pricing, is it possible to make excellent quality or even masterpiece quality versions; or even poor versions too?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:08 AM
Default Quality
Quote: Originally posted by PT9
These are amazing!
I can do a rags-to-riches type game with a carpenter now!
Quick question: Are any of the custom creations leveled? So far everything my sim has built is normal at standard pricing, is it possible to make excellent quality or even masterpiece quality versions; or even poor versions too?

Outstanding and poor qualities are available, but I think they are assigned by random number. All of the objects should be marketable at higher value, just like standard EA crafted objects - I didn't change that bit, only the percent of sale value required as cost to make. Some objects have very low cost and high resale, chess set for example. It doesn't take much wood, just a lot of skill and time. Hope you enjoy.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 4:55 AM
Ok, I downloaded the file, and put it in my game leveled sim to 10 and none of the new stuff showed up what I am I doing wrong there is only one file in the downloads.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:22 AM
Default Files
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772
Ok, I downloaded the file, and put it in my game leveled sim to 10 and none of the new stuff showed up what I am I doing wrong there is only one file in the downloads.

Once you have downloaded Woodwork Custom Furniture N Toys Menus you will need to add

Woodworking Custom Toys 1 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=587823
and
Woodworking Custom Furniture 1 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=588009
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 4:35 PM
Default ty
Great idea. I could certainly do that, but I would need a separate bench, like the one in the pic. Would need biguglyhag's permission to use that one. LMK in a pm.

So. I spoke with the creator and he authorized it http://i.cubeupload.com/l73ZEq.png. Please, if possible, make that suggestion haha. It would be amazing to work with create electronics objects and repair.

I do not know if it would be complex, but it could make the electronic objects to put in the inventory (like with your woodtoys '-'), and sell on the sales table of City Living.

PS: Pls, use the scraps and TS4 items, so it gets more real (RP), for example if you need to make a radio, I need X amount of commom + X eletronics parts. Like the woodbench.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 5:14 PM
Default Electronics build table
Quote: Originally posted by Hayran
So. I spoke with the creator and he authorized it http://i.cubeupload.com/l73ZEq.png. Please, if possible, make that suggestion haha. It would be amazing to work with create electronics objects and repair.

I do not know if it would be complex, but it could make the electronic objects to put in the inventory (like with your woodtoys '-'), and sell on the sales table of City Living.

PS: Pls, use the scraps and TS4 items, so it gets more real (RP), for example if you need to make a radio, I need X amount of commom + X eletronics parts. Like the woodbench.

Woodwork table works on recipes just like custom food, so requiring "parts ingredients" shouldn't be a problem - once you figure out the instance numbers. Whether they would be sellable in City Living, I can't say - only have base game - but they should respond just like the toys. I will see what I can figure out over the next few days.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 7:05 PM
Woodwork table works on recipes just like custom food, so requiring "parts ingredients" shouldn't be a problem - once you figure out the instance numbers. Whether they would be sellable in City Living, I can't say - only have base game - but they should respond just like the toys. I will see what I can figure out over the next few days.

K, thank you very much for your attention
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 7:55 AM
You know how much I love your work. Thank you again.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:51 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:14 PM
I love this mod. It adds some nice variety to woodworking. Thank you!

Leniad, there is a small issue you might want to be aware of. Whenever a new set of customs is added to the game, the woodworking table must be sold and repurchased. Otherwise the WW menus are messed up and you usually lose all but one set of possible creations.

The same is true if your sims is still in the process of leveling WW. When they level, the table must be sold and repurchased for the new possibilities to appear - this is true of both custom and base items. Also, is it at all possible to add the small bonuses to the custom furniture? (I'm not sure what their proper name is.) For example, if my sim creates a base game dining chair it will have a variable comfort rating depending on her mood and skill. When she makes a custom mission bed, it has no comfort rating at all...not that is shown in the blurb anyway.
Page 1 of 3