Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 7:04 AM
ModConstructor V4 Unable to Change Icon
I've never run into this issue before. Normally, I am able to import custom images for the Trait Icon. But since updating ModConstructor, when I try to import images like normal I get the Programming Error notification:

Access to the path [...] is denied.

Doesn't matter where I save images, or what kind of image I am trying to import. I have imported these exact icons before, so I know they can work. Also, if I move the images to share a folder with the In Game Icons, then I lose access to ALL the icons in that folder.

Alternatively, if I try saving the images in certain folders I can get this Programming Error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 4:37 PM
I assume these are non-Sims 4 images. They have to be a certain size. Did you try to change the size?

View all My Sims 4 Creations here https://kiarasimsfourmods.home.blog/

Patreon here www.patreon.com/kiarasims4mods

KiaraSims4Mods Discord - https://discord.com/invite/TykFPkY
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmelieSimblr
I've never run into this issue before. Normally, I am able to import custom images for the Trait Icon. But since updating ModConstructor, when I try to import images like normal I get the Programming Error notification:

Access to the path [...] is denied.

Doesn't matter where I save images, or what kind of image I am trying to import. I have imported these exact icons before, so I know they can work. Also, if I move the images to share a folder with the In Game Icons, then I lose access to ALL the icons in that folder.

Alternatively, if I try saving the images in certain folders I can get this Programming Error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

To expand, icons need to be 128x128 pixels, so if they aren't that size, Mod Constructor likely won't recognize them. Perhaps that is the issue you're having. If not, I recommend messaging Zerbu on their tumblr for more detailed information