Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
shiny!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 3:55 AM
Default Using sims2pack to package house for upload
I've heard a lot about people using this program to package their houses/lots for upload here on this site because it allows the lot to be compatible with all expansion packs. Is this true? How exactly is it better than using the in-game packager? Also, how exactly do I go about doing this..
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 5:05 AM
No, it's not true that it makes it compatible with all eps, it just enables you to strip out custom content that you don't want included with the finished lot, - like every recolor for an item when you really want only the one recolor, you can take out the unneeded recolors...

I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial about how to use it somewhere around where ya can download it from... sorry I don't have a link handy...

Subtle In Spades
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 11:31 PM
Here is the link to the S2PCI instruction manual.

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=4

However this manual is not quite clear enough as to figure out how to upload lots with this program. If anyone out there knows of any other websites explaining this process or anyone willing to share information on the process that would be awesome. Thanks!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 11:47 PM
Please read http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=124539 as part of the MTS2 Creator Guidelines forum.

It explains how to package and prepare a lot for uploading... as the title says.

May I suggest reading through the Creator Guidelines section if you have questions like these?

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 12:19 AM
Thank you