Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2011 at 12:08 PM
Default Installer error, am I doing something wrong?
To start out with, I'm running 64bit Windows 7. Apparently it already comes with the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 as when I tried to install it, the installer said it was already included.

So, I downloaded the newest version of the Sims2Pack Clean Installer (1.6.14.0) so I could get the custom content installed that I'd had on my old laptop (that one had 32bit Vista). It downloaded okay, so I downloaded a few things and did as the directions said, double clicked on one and I got this error:

I tried all the files I'd downloaded so far and got the same error every time.

Honestly, it's been awhile since I've played Sims 2 and had the installer (almost three years now) and with my memory as bad as it is I'm probably just forgetting something, but on the off chance that there's something wrong I figured I'd post about it here.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th May 2011 at 4:41 PM
The error message explains that the Clean Installer can only install Sims2Pack files. You are attempting to use the Clean Installer on a package file. To install a package file, just copy it to your Downloads folder. Here is a FAQ which explains how to install CC:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...Fracking_Idiots

Your problem is explained on page 4: Identifying File Types.