Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 2:34 AM Last edited by GeneralOperationsDirector : 30th Dec 2008 at 2:57 AM.
My object has been reposted in a new thread here, where leesester has kindly converted it to a repository object for me.

Now I need to learn what was done to it, and how to do it for myself.

Thank you both for your help. I will try to learn from it.

Edit: I`ve found the STR resource that tunaisafish mentioned. This is the current value:

##0x1C050000!rugstoneinlayround-[GeneralOperationsDirector-2008.12.11-1627a]

Would the original value that needs to be restored perchance be

rugstoneinlayround

...? Also, when leesester repositorified my object for me, the MMAT resource is one of the resources that got deleted. Will I need to restore it?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Advertisement
Slippery When Wet
#52 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 3:39 AM
Yep, rugstoneinlayround sounds about right.
If you see more model names with the extra stuff, edit those too.
If you restore an MMAT from the cloned object, then you'll have to remove the similarly named bits. They're the bits that the Object Workshop creates to make the clone separate from the orig.

Or you could just grab the MMAT's from the orig object yourself. Change the GUID's.
You only need one, but if there are others then you'll have some standard EA recolours.

This of course will destroy the stuff that leesester has done for you. So recolours that you may have for the EA rug, will not be applied to your rug.
#53 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 3:50 AM
I don`t have any recolors for the round tile [it isn`t really a rug; it`s a tile inlay. Of course, the game treats it as a rug, because it doesn`t have, or need, a seperate type for "hard" "rugs" vs. soft ones. ] that didn`t come with the game itself, but I`d like my object to pull as much information as possible from the original, including all alternate textures. Would it be possible to have my object use the MMAT from the original, too? Have you checked out the object itself? The thread the current version is in is linked to in Post #51 above.

Edit: Before leesester repositorified it for me, it didn`t use the alternate texture[s] that the original object already had, and now, I`m told, it does. [I haven`t been in-game to see it for myself yet, though.]

#54 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 5:41 AM
I`ve been in-game now, and leesester`s fix not only shrinks the package considerably, it does indeed pick up all of the original object`s four textures. Am I to take it that you are now recommending that I *not* follow your original suggestion, that I`d be better off taking what leesester did for me, and running with it? [You should see how much smaller the compressed archive is for that version than for mine, AND I pick up the alternate colors, too!]

Forum Resident
#55 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 9:36 AM
Hi, I have a problem with a slave object I created. It simply doesn´t work and I don´t find the mistake.
I´ve already done a couple of slave objects, but still...
Perhaps, another pair of eyes might be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar slaveobjectproblem.rar
The ModFather
retired moderator
#56 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 7:34 PM
You forgot to add 1 to the Datalist Extension Reference (in the GMND); as a consequence, the game reads only the first 4 blocks of the GMND, ignoring the tsMaterialsMeshName one.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 9th Feb 2009 at 10:22 PM
Oh, thanks for the quick reply. I actually added one, but it was the one for the copyright line...silly me.
Instructor
#58 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 8:01 PM
is there a trick when the master is a Custom Object instead of a ingame object?

i got it working but it only pulls the objects default color no recolors

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#59 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 8:45 PM
knightguy -- no trick really, you just need to use the custom object as a "master" instead of the Maxis one.

You write in your other post about this (please stick to one post in the future =):

Quote:
is there a trick to getting your recolors to show when using your object as a master?

there 2 story version of this window at tsr an while it works it only pulls the default white one but no recolors

Honestly, if someone at tsr makes (sells?) an edit of my object and fails to get it to work, they should either look at tsr for assistance or at least post *themselves* .. I might be getting this wrong, but I would find it kind of laughable if their users would need to post here in order to get broken stuff repaired.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#60 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 1:25 AM
tsr creator isnt doing this i am

i just happen to like your window an wanted to apply it to other windows if i could lol

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#61 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 1:41 AM
Yeah, um. You might want to try and look into writing complete sentences next time you post, that tends to avoid a lot of misunderstandings =). "there version of this window at tsr" is kind of .. ambiguous.

So what are you doing exactly – you have taken a window that can use the same texture and redid the subsets, yes? And linked the "interior" one to my window instead of the Maxis one?

Did you remove the glass subset (not sure what it's called, "glass"? "windowglass"?) from the recolourable subsets list and add the interior instead?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 2:03 AM
Do your mesh names & texture names in shape & GMND start with ##0x1C050000!? I'm certain I made that error, and I think I had the result you describe. (Note: I make enough errors that they all tend to run together as to what caused what.)

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Instructor
#63 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 2:32 AM Last edited by knightguy82 : 21st Apr 2009 at 2:09 PM.
nevermind

i figured it out there was another tsDesignModeEnabled in one of the GMND's i thought i checked that pointed to the glass i deleted that reference an the 2 sides are working

thanks for helping you 2

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Yeah, um. You might want to try and look into writing complete sentences next time you post, that tends to avoid a lot of misunderstandings =). "there version of this window at tsr" is kind of .. ambiguous.

So what are you doing exactly – you have taken a window that can use the same texture and redid the subsets, yes? And linked the "interior" one to my window instead of the Maxis one?

Did you remove the glass subset (not sure what it's called, "glass"? "windowglass"?) from the recolourable subsets list and add the interior instead?

the window uses the same texture as the maxis one

well first i changed GMDC windowframe_s_gmdc window to interior

then i made sure the shape showed the change from window / windowcraftsman_window_sapele to interior / ##0x1C050000!pbox-windowcraftsman-twobit-onetile-straight_interior_white

then i went to the GMND an made changes to windowframe_s_gmnd

tsDesignModeEnabled changed window to interior
tsMaterialsMeshName changed window / windowCraftsman to interior / ##0x1C050000!pbox-windowcraftsman-twobit-onetile-straight

an as i said the object pulls your default white texture but none of your recolors

Quote: Originally posted by bluetexasbonnie
Do your mesh names & texture names in shape & GMND start with ##0x1C050000!? I'm certain I made that error, and I think I had the result you describe. (Note: I make enough errors that they all tend to run together as to what caused what.)

only times ##0x1C050000! comes up is

shape ##0x1C050000!pbox-windowcraftsman-twobit-onetile-straight_interior_white

GMND tsMaterialsMeshName ##0x1C050000!pbox-windowcraftsman-twobit-onetile-straight

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#64 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
i figured it out there was another tsDesignModeEnabled in one of the GMND's i thought i checked that pointed to the glass

That's why I was asking above whether you had removed the glass. Objects can only have two recolourable subsets. But I'm glad you found the problem.

Test Subject
#65 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 7:44 PM
Hi, all, thanks for this tutorial, IgnorantBliss, it's great! I'm not really old in doing objects, but I can do it well, of course, I always come to ask you something and my angels always answers me perfectly... I am making a collection of doors and windows and I want that all the 15 doors and windows (that includes one and two-tile doors and windows) get theire texture from just one of them (a one-tile window), but I don't know how to do it. A two-tile door has 6 GMDC with subsets in which one, for example, and a one-tile window (the one I want to be the master object) has 2 GMDC, and I want that "totally" all the doors and windows get theire textures from it, it's not just one subset, but the entire object. How can I do it, please? Which GMDC and subset must I copy?

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 9:47 PM
Wow this was an awesome tutorial! I managed to repository my new bed mesh (ok it was easy because I hadn't really done much to the bed anyway)

My question is in two parts though, can I tell it to look at two different beds for possible textures for the frame and what exactly are subsets. I don't really understand it since I think mine had 5 subsets.

I've attached it just in case anybody wants to have a look
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Elizabella_double_bed.rar (68.9 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#67 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 1:16 AM
I'll start with subsets, those are each of your mesh parts. You can only have two that are individually recolorable in game, but you can have more than two mesh parts that use other textures. Your bed technically has two recolorable subsets, bedding and frame, but bedding has three mesh parts that all use the same texture so are grouped together as one subset for recoloring. If your feeling brave, look at the AL Bohemian bed (or my singles) they get more complicated with slavesubsets.

You can repository your mesh to as many (I think) other objects as you want, but you will still have only two recolorable subsets. I've done a slave to three other objects in one package. They were all to base game items so I knew everyone would have the original objects. But you cannot slave one subset to more than one other one. Your directly linking your mesh part (subset) to another mesh (cres and txmt).

I didn't check your bed in game, but did it show the right colors? Because you slaved it to the colonial bed instead of the cheap ez bed. This is the same as the one from CF?
Field Researcher
#68 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 6:07 AM
Yes it's the same as the CFF one. The colors showed up fine because all the beds are basically the same shape. I just want some basic colors of the bed though so I may just do a couple recolors of the colonial bed so it will work for them and for my bed.

How would I say look to the colonial bed and the cheap ez bed for instance for frame colors. Could that be done? - Sorry for so many questions
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#69 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 3:13 PM
Questions are good, it's how you learn.

You can't tell the frame to look at both the colonial and the cheap for frame colors, you have to choose one. Since you used the cheap frame to modify you should be pointing your package to that one, yours is actually telling the game to look at the colonial bed for colors. The texture maps are vastly different for those two beds. (Texture map is the 3d unfolded flat) The cheap one is 256x512 and the colonial is 1024x512, for this reason I would definitely recommend slaving to the cheap one.

When you look at the SHPE, this lists each of your mesh parts(subset name). This is where you tell the game what texture, the GMND is where you tell it the mesh. So the frame one will point to the cheap-ez bed and the bedding will point to the colonial. Bedding always points to bedDoubleColonial because it is the ultimate master for beddings.

So for yours:
bedding:beddoublecolonial_bedding_squares
frame:beddoublebasic_frame_woodhoneyoak

*bolded part is the mesh name that goes in the GMND.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 7:27 PM
Ok that's changed. Do I leave the Include CEP checked though to make it base game compatible?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#71 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 2:45 AM
Field Researcher
#72 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 7:26 AM
Sorry me again. I've done something wrong and I'm not sure what it is. I "reslaved" it but I'm getting the same result. I have the colonial bed frames (I know since I have 4 of them) and not the cheap ezee ones. Can you have a look please.

Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Elizabella_double_bed.rar (85.1 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#73 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 3:14 PM
I looked at the bed and it is slaved correctly to the cheap bed, showed up fine in game with those colors. It looks like you've done it correctly.

What issue do you think you are having? Are you expecting the bed colors from the colonial bed? The cheap ez bed has just three colors. I would say make sure you have just one in your downloads folder. If you have two with the same GUIDs you get mixed results as to which one loads. (usually the one loaded last).

I've attached the bed since the one you attached still required Pets, I've removed those requirements. Should require only base game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Elizabella_double_bed.zip (94.0 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#74 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 4:51 PM
Thanks for doing that. Hmm I don't know how it requires pets since I dont even have that EP! Your file worked perfectly so I have no idea what was wrong...I think my system may have just gotten confused. You're a saint

What's the easiest way to find out the vertex count...I think I need that for my upload right?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#75 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 8:37 PM
Your welcome. The Pets EP requirement tags onto later EPs too since it was added for compatibility.

Inside your package in the GMDC it shows next to the subset name in parenthesis.
Page 3 of 4