Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 5:34 AM
So when I unchecked all the EPs, at the bottom of the screen there were more checkboxes that said missing or unused, should I have unchecked those also?

Also in a repost from CFF:

Ok this is what it says in SimPE...which one do I use

Models: (Faces=1692, Vertices=1273)
(checked)bedding (Faces=812 Vertices=490)
(checked)bedding (Faces=176, Vertices=109)
(unchecked)beddoublecolonial_opacityplane (Faces=136, Vertices=114)
(checked)bedding (Faces=384, Vertices=196)
(checked)frame (Faces=184, Vertices=364)

*Also post in Repository Tutorial
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 10:55 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a new kitchen. I made several counters and I don't feel like recoloring them all ceperately as they are all made with the same texture. But I don't know why, but the master-slave versions I try to make won't work... they are flashing blue.
Does any of you know how to make counters repository?

Any help is welcome
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#78 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 3:08 PM
Multi-state objects like counters and lights also have to be linked via the Text Lists(STR) as well.

Not a full tutorial, but it shows pics of the Text Lists, this is for a light but the same applies to counters.

http://www.hugelunatic.com/Home/mul...bject-checklist
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 5:49 PM
onna try this! Thanks for your precious help!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:43 PM
It worked!! Thanks bunches for your help
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#81 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 3:34 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 17th Dec 2011 at 6:52 PM.
Ok, I've done plenty of repository previously, but this one is just messing with me. I've gone through this 4 or 5 times and restarted over twice now. For some hair-brained reason when I try to link the slave to the master it makes my slave no longer recolorable. What have I messed up?

Edit: Thanks for fixing it Lee!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#82 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 6:48 PM
Hi Phae - you were missing the CC prefix

##0x1C050000! in front of cres name in tsMaterialsMeshName in the slave should fix it

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#83 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:20 PM
Great tutorial it's very clear.

Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I'll start with subsets, those are each of your mesh parts. You can only have two that are individually recolorable in game, but you can have more than two mesh parts that use other textures. Your bed technically has two recolorable subsets, bedding and frame, but bedding has three mesh parts that all use the same texture so are grouped together as one subset for recoloring. If your feeling brave, look at the AL Bohemian bed (or my singles) they get more complicated with slavesubsets.

You can repository your mesh to as many (I think) other objects as you want, but you will still have only two recolorable subsets. I've done a slave to three other objects in one package. They were all to base game items so I knew everyone would have the original objects. But you cannot slave one subset to more than one other one. Your directly linking your mesh part (subset) to another mesh (cres and txmt).

I didn't check your bed in game, but did it show the right colors? Because you slaved it to the colonial bed instead of the cheap ez bed. This is the same as the one from CF?

What a pity that you can't have more than 2 subsets recolorable ...

I was wondering ... If I include 2 meshes (GMDC GMND ... x2) in the same object, will I be able to have 2 subsets recolorable in each one (so it makes 4 subsets).
Just wondering, because I'm not a pro in meshing.

edit : I can't find the bohemian bed eventhough I have AL ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Field Researcher
#84 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 11:36 AM Last edited by MonoChaos : 19th Feb 2019 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Attached the image properly this time
Thank you and a question
First of all thank you IgnorantBliss for this wonderful tutorial. I have a bad memory so I keep having to refer back to it, but it's helped me many times.

Secondly I was wondering if I could delete the blocks from the GMND that control the subsets I now have linked to another mesh? Or does it not make the file size larger so it doesn't really matter?
I attached a screenshot that may help show what I want to delete (if I can).

Thank you for your time.
-MonoChaos
Screenshots

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Instructor
#85 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 1:33 PM
Default typos
@MonoChaos

You don't want to delete those, as they help point your object to the repository object you are slaving it to. There are, however, some lines inside them that can be deleted -- maybe.

The groundshadow one should have no changes at all, since it should still be pointing to the TXMT in the same (your) object package. So leave it alone. The seat and body blocks should have all the arrays except one deleted. The remaining array in each one should have a repeat of the extension (block) name instead of a reference to a TXMT. (in body, the array is simply named "body"; in seat, "seat")

see this guide from JWoods for a better explanation: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82227

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Field Researcher
#86 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
@MonoChaos

You don't want to delete those, as they help point your object to the repository object you are slaving it to. There are, however, some lines inside them that can be deleted -- maybe.

The groundshadow one should have no changes at all, since it should still be pointing to the TXMT in the same (your) object package. So leave it alone. The seat and body blocks should have all the arrays except one deleted. The remaining array in each one should have a repeat of the extension (block) name instead of a reference to a TXMT. (in body, the array is simply named "body"; in seat, "seat")

see this guide from JWoods for a better explanation: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82227

Thank you. I'll check out the link.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#87 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 7:20 PM
Field Researcher
#88 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 8:52 PM
You can delete unwanted lines in the GMND, but you won't gain any negligible file size saving. The file size is all in the txtr/gmdc.

Okay thank you. Good to know I can but too bad it won't really make a difference.

Instructor
#89 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 1:34 PM Last edited by LFact : 13th Jul 2019 at 1:52 PM.
I'm trying to slave merola's hacked painting to the 'Rolling Hills', but despite of following tutorial and looking into other custom objects that were slaved to Maxis objects, I wasn't able to make it work. I even cloned the base object, do as the tutorial said, and applied extracted functions and menu texts(Note that results a functional object that does not draw textures from the master object).

**I attatched a test package here. Despite of the file name, it is a plain painting(with no cheat function) meant to be slaved to 'Rolling Hills'(which doesn't work) with merola's GUID. If someone would point out what is wrong with this, I'd appreciate it.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MEMultiPaintingProto-slaved-Test.zip (4.9 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#90 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 3:55 PM
Instructor
#91 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 11:42 PM
@HugeLunatic Thank you, now it works. Guess I mixed STR# thing up with other tutorial.
Instructor
#92 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 5:23 AM
I'm trying to slave from the Independent Expressions windows, but I'm getting a blue flashing frame As this is my first slave-to-Maxis item, I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong as I followed the tut.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  windowlamp.1tile.independentexpressions.package.zip (33.9 KB, 9 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Mad Poster
#93 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 5:55 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th Mar 2021 at 7:10 AM.
Lamps are multi-state items, so you probably need this too:
http://hugelunatic.com/bhavs-multi-state-objects/

Also, you'll want to avoid using extra . in filenames. Sometimes the game (and even the computer) sees everything after the . as a file extension and may refuse to read the file as a package file, so the file can stop showing up in your game.

If you need spacers between words, only use _ but try to limit it. Uppercase letters is a good idea for spacers, too.

(If you want your CC to load smoother, it's a good idea to avoid all special characters and spaces in filenames and folder names, only using letters, numbers and _ )
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#94 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 11:45 AM
I would suggest you fix integrity, and remove the periods as they definitely can cause issues. Use hypens or underscores.

The blue flashing trim is probably due to the wrong name in the SHPE.  You have windowtwotilewideplateglass rather than windowtwotilewideplateglass_woodtrim_wood.  You want to include the whole TXMT filename and not just the CRES part.  You also don't have the woodtrim subset listed in the GMND tsDesignMode line to make it a recolorable subset.

About the lighting, a few of your references in the Material Names (STR) are a mix of pointing to definitions in your package and the original.  Not sure what your intentions are, but I guess be aware the lit/unlit states may not behave as you think.
Instructor
#95 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 4:31 AM
I would suggest you fix integrity, and remove the periods as they definitely can cause issues. Use hypens or underscores.

The blue flashing trim is probably due to the wrong name in the SHPE.  You have windowtwotilewideplateglass rather than windowtwotilewideplateglass_woodtrim_wood.  You want to include the whole TXMT filename and not just the CRES part.  You also don't have the woodtrim subset listed in the GMND tsDesignMode line to make it a recolorable subset.

About the lighting, a few of your references in the Material Names (STR) are a mix of pointing to definitions in your package and the original.  Not sure what your intentions are, but I guess be aware the lit/unlit states may not behave as you think.

Essentially, I'm trying to make lamps that look like windows such as I've seen at IKEA stores. Thanks for that part about the SHPE, though I didn't see anything in the tutorial in the tsDesignMode to fix it. As to the lighting, that part already seems to be working fine, though I suppose it might change once the textures start working.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Page 4 of 4