Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 2:49 PM
Default NPC's and Default texture overrides
I am aware of deleting cache files everytime I alter a mod for testing, however a good example that I am trying to figure out is:
If I edit a default skintone, all the sims (like NPC's) will still be walking around with the old textures. I can take them into CAS to reset the skintone.
If I remove the default override from the game and clear cache files, then they are still in the old override. Where are these old textures being remembered.
I tried save cleaner, but that only seem to clear memories, not clothing and skin textures. There are no custom households in library etc.
I also already tried removing saved sims folder. Maybe I can try loading without saves folder and reloading again with the saves folder. ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 4:21 PM
After opening various save game files with S3pe, I found nothing until I looked inside WorldCache/WorldName_sims.package and was shocked.
Every sim has all their textures combined into one, for each outfit category and another with skintone combined with sunburn and overlays etc.
So the game is updating the sims in WorldCache all the time for all saves in that same world sims and objects Cache files.
I will delete WorldCaches/*_objects and *_sims everytime I want to clear my Cache files, my problem of old textures remaining was now solved.