Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4 *4/29/09*

by dDefinder Posted 27th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM - Updated 29th Apr 2009 at 1:24 PM by dDefinder : to 2.4

556 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 481 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 19 of 23
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#451 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 1:24 AM
This is one of the best mods for the sims 2. It makes the lighting graphics look like an entirely new game
Test Subject
#452 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 1:31 AM
Can someone give me a step by step way to install this? This is my first time installing a mod and I'm not the brightest crayon in the box...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#453 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 4:27 AM
O M G!!! Thanks soooooooooooo much
i used hack it's Goooood beautiful light in game
THX THX THX
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#454 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 7:13 PM
How did you get such high quality pictures?
Test Subject
#455 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 9:52 PM
This has probably been mentioned before, but there's no backup for Mansion & Garden stuff. I just uninstalled the lighting mod (my graphics card is failing and it's lagging my game horrendously) and M&G is the only stuff pack I didn't back up the lighting files for. A little help would be appreciated-- I really hope this isn't going to break my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#456 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 6:21 AM
:\ i'm really confused, i tried to extract each file to each ep that i have, and it made my neighborhood flashing red :o
im not really sure what i should do...
Test Subject
#457 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 9:59 PM
Default Radiance broken after clean install?
Nobody is probably reading this anymore, but I've tried everything I can think of, so I've come here for help.

Radiance seems to be broken. My harddrive recently died so I did a complete clean install of The Sims 2 (on the same system). I deleted the newly created folders in Program Files and My Documents and stuck my backups in their place. Now light seems to pass through walls. The pictures explain it better than I can. It's all the same box with a spiral wall inside set-up. The point is that all objects are about the same brightness, like the walls aren't even there. This is not how Radiance used to behave for me, objects behind walls used to be a lot darker, like in real life.

I've tested this with no other CC or hacks in place, same thing happens. It's annoying me to no end, does anyone have any idea what's going on here? It'd be very much appreciated!

@digiad
I have no idea if you've already found a solution, but I've added the original M&G lighting files for you. Don't worry, they're from a clean install.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  M&G Lights.rar (3.6 KB, 39 downloads)
Field Researcher
#458 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 5:55 AM Last edited by Simdrew1993 : 29th Feb 2012 at 6:05 AM.
Ok, I was wondering if Sims 2 Best of Business collection expansion pack, Sims 2 Fun With Pets Collection Expansion pack and Sims 2 University Life Collection Expansion packs are supported, because I installed all of these expansions and installed the lighting for the stuff pack and expansion packs in the folders but things don't seem quite right, I don't think they will be making anymore expansions, so can somebody update this to work with these new packs, my guess is the lighting files and a lot of the files are different in these new expansions than the normal stuff packs even though they use some of the same games. Considering I have most EP's the game looks pretty good but a lot of the lighting that requires the EP'S and SP'S in these Collections don't seem to work right. So could someone please update it!

My YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/simdrew1993
My Sims http://simdrew1993.deviantart.com/
My Ganondorf Impression: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqKxNM6IO0?HD=1
Batman Impressions http://youtu.be/hPYnW2AZdzI?hd=1

I make Zelda Sims, so please feel free to check them out!!! :D
Test Subject
#459 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:21 AM
Er, I tried my best to think on how to install it. But I'm to scared. I read the way to install it on the original one. But, I am a total failure. I don't want to accidentally install it wrong. But I want to use it so bad. It look's beautiful<3 (I know it seems simple, but I am just a failure. xD)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#460 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 11:42 PM
This is brilliant. My game looks beautiful now and way more realistic. I greatly appreciate how easy you've made it to install, as well. Good work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#461 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 1:32 AM
Imma derp but i'm gonna ask. Do I just download them into Sims 2 downloads or somewhere else?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#462 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 10:18 AM
MajinKitty230- click the 'Install Instructions' tab for details of how to install. These files do not go into your download folder.
Test Subject
#463 Old 23rd May 2012 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baggycat
I have, in front of me on paper, a list of all the lights that this makes way too dim for me to use. And none of them are custom. Maybe it's something in my settings, but all of the lights from the stuff packs and most of them from different EPs hardly let off any light. I really like the way the lights that DO work correctly look, but I can't live with not being able to use most of my lights.

Middlemore-- extract the file you download here onto your desktop. In another window, go into "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES" there you will see a bunch of folders that each have the name of an EP or SP you have. Now go into the file that you downloaded here and go into the folder "The Sims 2." then go into "The Sims 2" from your program files. Double click on all of the folders in the downloaded file until you get to the "Lights" folder. In you program files directory, go through all the folders with the same names of the ones you had to go through to get to the "Lights" folder. Drag the "lights" folder from the downloaded file into the folder that houses the lights folder in your program files.

Do this with each EP and SP you have. (the SPs are in a dif. folder in the downloaded file -- just double click on the ___StuffPacks folder and do the same with these you did with your EPs.)

I really hope that all made sence. Contact me if you need help understanding that mumbo jumbo I wrote.

I am still very confused and I am very sorry to ask a question someone had already asked, but, I dont really get where I can find the program files...? I do have three EPs including Pets, Family Fun, and Mansion and Garden. I cannot find where to put the extracted folders. It would be very kind if anyone could answer! Thank you(:
Test Subject
#464 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 3:41 PM
Okay, how would one uninstall this?
Test Subject
#465 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 5:22 AM
how did you take the picture cause when i take pictures and maake the movies it comes uup with normal light
Top Secret Researcher
#466 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 3:23 PM
Oh my gosh, I am speechless..! My game has never looked better. I thought I was just going to use this for movie making, but I'm going to use this for gameplay as well! The performance seem to have increased as well (or maybe that's because of a camera mod :P) So that's just perfect! 1000 thanks!

But just one question, should you have shadows on high as well?
Lab Assistant
#467 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:31 AM
hi will i have to uninstall gunmods RLS v2.1 or not?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#468 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 8:09 PM
It looks really good, but it's kind of annoying in the evening because it looks really dark and i have to switch all of my lights on. Thanks anyway
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#469 Old 5th Nov 2012 at 2:51 PM
I don't get a shit out of this. I already have 2.1. And when i click download there is all these files with every exp. and stuff pack. Do i delete them? And like.. yeah..?
Test Subject
#470 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:11 PM
My bump map doesn't work with this gunmod 2.4 ?
What i have to do?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#471 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 7:07 PM
I love that mod a lot, but I don't really like my wall decor turn into dark when I down them that's the little bad point I noticed.(I've all Eps)
Test Subject
#472 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:32 AM
I really don't know how to install this, (Silly me) I don't understand the install instructions sooo, yeah, how do you install this?
Lab Assistant
#473 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 6:47 AM
i sometimes have proplems like the lights in a room are on but all the objects are dark this happens all the time (it also happens to my sims)
Lab Assistant
#474 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heartbeat777
I really don't know how to install this, (Silly me) I don't understand the install instructions sooo, yeah, how do you install this?

You can get the installer for Scriptorium and in the installation you can choose to install Radiance as well. Scriptorium itself is for custom modular stairs, walls, etc. and is useful to have either way. It's much easier this way.

Just a lurker lurking through... mostly.

Sometimes I'm more interested in Sims than others, so I tend to disappear and reappear at random.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#475 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 7:10 AM
I need this!This is really cool I am really scared this'll crash my sims game so I'm backing it up *Prays*Your brilliant
Page 19 of 23