Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4 *4/29/09*

by dDefinder Posted 27th Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM - Updated 29th Apr 2009 at 1:24 PM by dDefinder : to 2.4

556 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 481 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 23 of 23
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#551 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:43 AM
Incredibly awesome mod. used with the skies of totalitarianism skyboxes now puts the game into an incredible sims 4 type lighting system but without that blue tint you see around objects and buildings. I especially love the sunrise and sunsets. They are beautiful.
I installed it with scriptorium and runs perfectly with no issues and I have the ultimate collection. Everything looks so breathtaking now, even my sims. This mod alone makes my favorite sims game of the whole series even more worth playing. This mod is a jewel. Thanks so much for this. It puts my game into an entirely new perspective.
Test Subject
#552 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 9:57 AM
Super Collection on Mac
Hello friends!

Sorry to resurrect this post to bother you with more Mac user troubles, but I have perused all the MTS Gunmod Radiance-related posts for instructions that will work for Super Collection on Mac, and it seems the issue is that Super Collection (revived by Aspyr in 2017, purchased only through the Mac App Store) and Ultimate Collection (offered for free on Origin for PC for a while) have completely different file structures, so the instructions provided graciously by such users as @Ovenhole and @rhiamom don't work for Super Collection because there are no visible subfiles for the EPs and SPs. I have attached a screenshot of the file breakdown inside ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ so you can see what it looks like. If anyone happened to have found a solution in the last few years, I would love to hear it so I can get my game looking beautiful with Radiance Lighting as it once was!!

All the best in retro Simming. Peace & love,
aquariuspuddle
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#553 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 4:29 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 29th Feb 2020 at 6:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aquariuspuddle
Hello friends!

Sorry to resurrect this post to bother you with more Mac user troubles, but I have perused all the MTS Gunmod Radiance-related posts for instructions that will work for Super Collection on Mac, and it seems the issue is that Super Collection (revived by Aspyr in 2017, purchased only through the Mac App Store) and Ultimate Collection (offered for free on Origin for PC for a while) have completely different file structures, so the instructions provided graciously by such users as @Ovenhole and @rhiamom don't work for Super Collection because there are no visible subfiles for the EPs and SPs. I have attached a screenshot of the file breakdown inside ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/ so you can see what it looks like. If anyone happened to have found a solution in the last few years, I would love to hear it so I can get my game looking beautiful with Radiance Lighting as it once was!!

All the best in retro Simming. Peace & love,
aquariuspuddle

@ aquariuspuddle
To find the proper locations to install one has to go to the Applications folder and then Right Click or Control Click the Sims 2 App Icon and choose "Show Package Contents" from there the proper folders can be found. I don't know at this point which folders, so if you are interested look at the PC install instructions and figure it out. Later if I get around to it I may try to figure out the folders for everyone.

If you want a step by step list of instructions go to http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,115575.0.html

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#554 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 3:18 AM
Mod still works great! Best to use Scriptorium (that still works too!) and make the unlit rooms not so dark. I love this! Makes the game appearance more "realistic" as it can get. Thank you for this. Loved the mod from way back when, love it now. Game runs smooth with no issues or crashing/glitching.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#555 Old 26th Oct 2022 at 4:12 PM
Thank you so much! This is definitely a must-have!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#556 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 10:18 PM
:0c
Forum Resident
#557 Old 4th Sep 2023 at 5:51 PM
EDIT: If you want/need the installer for this mod it's part of the Scriptiorium Auto-Installer from Numenor.
Page 23 of 23