Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 3:06 AM Last edited by Elynda : 4th Nov 2022 at 5:57 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Anybody using CC Magic on Windows 10? (Solved)
If you are, I wish you'd tell me how you managed it, because I have just spent a whole day trying to get it to work. To no avail.

I have just spent £900 on a new Windows 10 laptop and have spent a whole day installing TS3, plus all EPs and all SPs (except KP and Diesel Stuff) as well as all my Store content. And I have been just blown away by how well it performs and how good it looks. I have been soaring around Sunset Valley like Gwaihir the Windlord surveying my domain, with smooth judder free camera motion, and watching smoothly animated sims going about their lives without once freezing in mid stride. And no more slow rendering either. Wonderful!

Well, I ought to be pleased. But the problem is that I have about 800 Sims3packs, and a similar quantity of Packages to install somehow. On my previous Windows7 machine it was all installed with CC Magic, but that does not seem to work on with Windows 10, or at least not on MY Windows 10. It installs without any problem, but when I try to run the program it appears for a few seconds and then crashes, leaving behind a folder called 'CCMagic' containing a very long log file which may as well be in Klingon so far as I can understand.

So, I've been all over the place trying to find an answer. The download thread (https://modthesims.info/download.ph...=1&goto=newpost) wasn't much help. One poster did offer a solution: downloading and installing this: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/downlo...fline-installer was supposed to fix it, but it didn't in my case.

So I'm desperate! I daresay there is a lot of that cc I could discard as not being really vital, but If I'm going to have Moon Valley set up the same as before for my story project, as well as Finnington - where my Fordyce legacy is set, I'm still going to need a hefty chunk of it. I NEED CC Magic!

So if anyone can offer any help with this problem, I would be profoundly grateful.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 6:14 AM
I have it on Win 10 and I honestly can not remember exactly what I did to get it working but I think it was uninstalling and reinstalling the .net framework and C++ redistributable x64 and the C++ redistributable x86 updates. But I honestly am not 100% sure. I do remember it being something simple like that though, nothing to complex (because I probably would have messed something up if it was to complicated). I got the info from TFM's asylum in this thread and page (Redmallie's post)
https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...batman/page/19/
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 5:31 PM
Thanks Mandelyn for responding.

I checked out that link and it looks promising. But I'm going to have to proceed cautiously here, since I'm new to Windows 10 and still finding my way about. I'm reluctant to go uninstalling things until I'm certain of what I'm doing and I don't want to risk messing things up on this computer.

Looking at what's installed, it appears that I have .Net Framework 4.8 SDK and Visual C++ Redistributable (both x64 and x86 versions). This thing ought to work.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 1:57 AM
I use it too on Windows 10. If I remember correctly, I had to make it Win 7 compatible. It does look funny sometimes but it works.

Ah, yes, there is the thread:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=641477
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 4:13 AM Last edited by Elynda : 4th Nov 2022 at 4:54 AM.
No, I'm afraid it didn't work.

As for installing an earlier version of .NET Framework, the system won't let me do that, because a later version is already installed, and that can't be uninstalled because it is an integral part of Windows 10. I shouldn't like to risk it anyway!

EDIT: I just checked what's installed on this old laptop which runs Windows 7 (and on which CCMagic works) and I cannot find .Net Framework anything. Instead there is 'Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh'. What is that? It isn't on the Windows 10 machine.

EDIT: SUCCESS !!!
I installed the above and again started CCMagic and, finally, it is open on my screen waiting for me to feed it some scrummy Packages and Sims3packs. Oh that is such a relief! There was me, all set to start installing over 800 Sims3Packs with the Launcher and deciding which Packages to start merging. It would have taken days!

Anyways, thanks for responding Mandelyn and 310175 And if anyone else has the same problem, the answer is here.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 5:30 AM
Glad you could make it work!
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Nov 2022 at 6:01 AM
Yeah good you got it working
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2022 at 12:23 AM Last edited by Elynda : 5th Nov 2022 at 4:23 AM.
So am I!

Here's a link to that download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/dow...s.aspx?id=27598

Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
So am I!

Here's a link to that download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/dow...s.aspx?id=27598

Thanks this works very well on windows 11!!