Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 6:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Low-res texture glitch on CC default replacement hair (Live Mode)
System Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
RAM: 32gb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (Vram: 8192 MB GDDR6)

Issue
After installing a complete set of default replacement CC hair (by MaryJaneSims3) for the Base Game and Late Night expansion packs, I have found that all my townies have a mixture of low-poly, muddy textured, and generally glitched looking hair in Live Mode. I'm confused as to why they are looking like this, when my Sim's hair is totally fine in CAS and Live Mode and other hairstyles (including affected styles seen in photos), appear fine in CAS mode using brand new sims. Photos below:

Glitched NPC Hair:

CC Default hair appearing normal on my Sim:

CC Default hair appearing normal in CAS:

My game's Graphic Settings:

I'm at a loss for what to do next. I have updated my GraphicRules.sgr file after noticing this issue, and added my GPU to the list of detected video cards, following instructions in this video.

Any help, or advice on what to do next will be much appreciated!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 7:34 AM
have you tried asking the creator? they seem to be active on Tumblr. try removing all of your default hair replacement first. if the bug does not happen with Maxis' texture, means that your custom contents might be a culprit.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Nov 2022 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShivvyCroft
System Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
RAM: 32gb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (Vram: 8192 MB GDDR6)

Issue
After installing a complete set of default replacement CC hair (by MaryJaneSims3) for the Base Game and Late Night expansion packs, I have found that all my townies have a mixture of low-poly, muddy textured, and generally glitched looking hair in Live Mode. I'm confused as to why they are looking like this, when my Sim's hair is totally fine in CAS and Live Mode and other hairstyles (including affected styles seen in photos), appear fine in CAS mode using brand new sims. Photos below:

I'm at a loss for what to do next. I have updated my GraphicRules.sgr file after noticing this issue, and added my GPU to the list of detected video cards, following instructions in this video.

Any help, or advice on what to do next will be much appreciated!

MJ has... or perhaps had "glitch" in her default replacement hairs (not sure if it has been corrrected). This was especially true on Sims that are EA NPC's, and Sims you may have in you library. Last I heard from her was to just take the Sim into CAS, to "reset" the hair. You may need to scroll to the hair and click it again. Not sure on that part. Nothing to do with your graphics. It is the textures of the original default hair showing on the replacement meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2022 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
MJ has... or perhaps had "glitch" in her default replacement hairs (not sure if it has been corrrected). This was especially true on Sims that are EA NPC's, and Sims you may have in you library. Last I heard from her was to just take the Sim into CAS, to "reset" the hair. You may need to scroll to the hair and click it again. Not sure on that part. Nothing to do with your graphics. It is the textures of the original default hair showing on the replacement meshes.

This seems to have fixed the issue!! thank you so much