Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 6:42 PM
Default Making a wall-placed object not go invisible
I downloaded an ATM machine that places on the wall, but when I put the walls down, the machine behaves like a painting and is not visible anymore.

My questions is: is there a way to edit the object in SimPE so it stays visible? I tried looking everywhere for tutorials but couldn't find anything.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 7:39 PM
You'll want to add a line in the Init bhav but set it to clear flag for hideaway.
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0008 (flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000B (hide for cutaway))
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
You'll want to add a line in the Init bhav but set it to clear flag for hideaway.
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0008 (flags) Set Flag flag# Literal 0x000B (hide for cutaway))

Thanks for your reply! I don't wanna bother too much, but my knowledge in SimPE is not that advanced and I would need an instruction on how to add that line in the Init bhav
Currently it's looking like this
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 5:27 PM
So I'd tuck it into the middle of those, around line 4-7, just to keep all the placement type lines together.
Select a line, click Insert via True off to the right, then select the little " double quotes off to the right.
Paste 08000B00FF0A03070000000000000000 into the box that comes up. Select okay and commit then save.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:13 PM
I inserted the line, but for some reason after pressing okay, I cannot commit. Somehow the button stays grayed out, like in the screenshot above
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2022 at 11:29 AM
Ok so, I managed to figure out my mistake. Took me a long time because I'm still a noob in SimPE

After selecting function init, it actually looks like this for me:

So I was confused because it didn't look like the screenshot that you posted. That's why I clicked on 'view BHAV' right next to OpCode, and in there it looked like the screenshot I posted in post # 3. Tried to edit in there which of course doesn't work.
I found the 'Object & Sim Intersection' tutorial on your website and used that to add a line. Then I just copied your line from post # 4 and it finally works! Looks like this now:

Thanks so much for your help and the tutorial of course, that helped tremendously!
Screenshots