Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#901 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 11:10 PM
A dorm. It's...blue.
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#902 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 10:15 PM
Forum Resident
#903 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
This is a starter apartment for my young adult couple in this building . I wanted it to look like the early 90s. Does it look like it? When they make enough money I want them to buy a home and start a home business, probably a vintage store or a coffee shop.

Wow! This is almost identical to the very first Apt. I lived in IRL. I was quite proud of it. I miss the old place.
Forum Resident
#904 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Ah yes, Monmouthshire, Wales; home of my first husband John Henry Davis.

I'm a Monmouthshire resident like your husband!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#905 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 9:12 AM
In my new neighbourhood, one of the sims wanted to go swimming, so I made them a (mostly Maxis) lakeside spa with a hot spring.

Screenshots
#906 Old 15th Oct 2022 at 8:47 AM
I plan on replacing the green fence, but other than that I love how these look. Each house is furnished for two housemates starting out.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#907 Old 14th Dec 2022 at 7:53 PM
My new playing neighbourhood is still very sparsely populated, and I don't have many decorations or things to make the neighbourhood look good yet. But I had an idea to put an arboretum in; somewhere where sims could see trees that don't normally survive in a desert environment. I remembered Zeussims' conversion of the butterfly pavilion and thought that would be perfect, as it is visible in neighbourhood view as well as lot view, and could provide a habitat for some non-native trees.

But how to justify this? I'm playing a wants based gameplay, where I don't make any community lots until a sim has a wish for one. My first lot, a grocery shop, was made when my first sim had a wish to 'visit a community lot'. The last one, a beach with a seafood restaurant, was made when a sim wanted to eat at a restaurant. But when I noticed that a young sim wanted to go roller skating, I seized my chance!

So I made an arboretum with a roller rink in it.

Shows up well from hood view:

Reminds me of visiting The Eden Project!
Instructor
#908 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 3:31 AM
In what has to be considered the most inconsistent Simmer in history, I decided to finish a house I've technically been working on for at least 4 years since this had already been started when I went to uni (damn, time moves fast). It isn't completely decorated though, but that will change once I actually start playing. It has all the essentials and the rest I will fill as we go, and I even made sure to future-proof the house with an entire basement for expansion. The lot originally came in at §68.922, so I just had to add some random decor to make it a nice §69.000.

Fun fact about how I got the inspiration for this lot: one day my sister told me she had found a cool little urbanisation full of modern, high-end houses close to where we live while she was out catching Pokémon. We went there later and I was surprised with how such a street existed in an unsuspecting place. Really, the houses surrounding it had clearly seen much better days and you would be hard-pressed to take a second look at that place, but hiding behind them was a bunch of impressive houses (for anyone who could afford them, that is). Needless to say, our Pokémon Go runs started to feature that place very often. This lot was inspired by two houses in particular there, one with big windows in the kitchen that always had the blinds up which gave birth to the kitchen area here, and the other which was basically this shell, particularly the windows in the upper floor, where in fact a famous footballer used to live in during his tenure at my local club.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#909 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 12:07 PM
Great house, @Yvelotic2001 ! I love that modern style. Stroke of genius using the glass stairs I think. And nice price!
Instructor
#910 Old 27th Dec 2022 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Great house, @Yvelotic2001 ! I love that modern style. Stroke of genius using the glass stairs I think. And nice price!

Thanks a lot! I love how the glass stairs next to the 2-story tall windows turned out as well, I think the shot from the kitchen looking into the living area is my favourite along with the shot from the side with the plants (poor plants, they sat there for years in an unfinished house, even the 2-click tall foundation was a very late addition!). Though I might look into changing the placement of the basement stairs, I think it looks best if it's only the stairs going up. I might move the basement stairs over to the other side of the house.

Inventor
#911 Old 2nd Jan 2023 at 11:49 PM

My newest addition to Centralia is an abandoned warehouse, where the Punk House family will reside. I'm pretty happy with it, though I want to make a few more tweaks (and need to re-download some CC to really make it what I want).
Screenshots
Instructor
#912 Old 3rd Jan 2023 at 6:42 PM
In today's edition of Yvelotic2001 wishing Lazy Duchess's Huge Lots were stable already, we take a look at a cool albeit useless lot in the form of a stadium. Well, a quarter of a stadium, because, as I found out a while ago with my Gulbenkian gardens, 6x5 lots are useless. You can't use them for a regular lot because they're too big, but as soon as you need a large lot, they start looking like a 3x1. Just give us unlimited lot size for once!

So anyways, why did I need a stadium? I didn't, really, but I have this family that lives on keeping up appearances. The recently deceased Stefano spent his life posing as rich despite at one point his only source of income being his cat, fooling a lot of Sims in the process (fun fact, he was the first Sim I got to 30 best friends). Turns out fake it til you make it is proper financial advice, as once he died fortune just struck his descendants. First the inheritance netted a cool 30k, then one day later his son's wife, a Rock Goddess, got a nice 48k bonus on a chance card. Meanwhile his son Mauro thinks he is a footballer because he plays for a junior team. While his teammates are driven to training by their parents, he rolls up on his yellow Corvette. But now that they actually have money, what better way to keep up with family tradition than to buy a whole stadium? Now he will be the star of his own team, no more playing for youth teams! Hence, the stadium was born.

Well, there's a slight problem. They might be rich now, but they're not old money rich and this lot quickly skyrocketed in price. They will first have to find a scheme to get the money they're missing, as it costs about 200k simoleons which they can't quite afford yet. But once they find that money - and they will find it, even if comes from the SimCity lottery, such is the way this family operates - they will own the Stefano de Angelis Stadium and Mauro will be a professional player. Nepotism FTW!

As for the technical details, this took me quite a while (mostly fiddling with CFE and trying to figure out how I wanted to do the stand). I couldn't build a proper stadium as I didn't have the space for it, the pitch alone eats up a lot a tiles, I initially wanted to at least have a "north" and "east" stand but I realised the sides wouldn't have enough space for both the stand and the walkway. Stylistically, it was heavily inspired by the Estádio Municipal de Braga, an award-winning stadium built for Euro 2004 in my home town, from the stand to the pathway (or alameda) and even the food stand that represents a small café called Estádio Bar. The main entrance for the players takes some inspiration from the old Estádio 1.º de Maio, S. C. Braga's old home. In light of this, I recommend placing it next to a cliff. I tried to keep it as CC-free as possible as I intend to share it after some finishing touches, so the only two CC items it uses are absolutely essential in the form of Edge Smoother White for the markings and the grey wall-height fence. So yeah, I had to improvise some stadium floodlights. Also, the referees don't get their own changing room because space is at a premium in this really small 6x5 lot. And the club museum? That will have to be another lot.

Watch as I rebuild this entire thing with Huge Lots
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#913 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 7:04 AM
It's a bit hard cramming everything into a small trailer and still make them all functional (and routing-friendly). I've used more walk-through blocks here than in any other lots

Screenshots

(Sorry for my bad grammar; English isn't my first language.)
Scholar
#914 Old 4th Feb 2023 at 10:14 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 5th Feb 2023 at 10:18 AM.
120m x 120m, 14,400m^2 (i.e. 155,000.16ft^2) lot

10 garage doors (30 car spots)
4 helipads

Mansion floors
8 stories (including basement)

exterior wall number : All (2100 out of 2100)
Interior wall ??? (Numenor's unlevel wall)
interior floor space: 12,657m^2 (136,238.81ft^2)
Balconies: 780m^2 (8,395.89ft^2)

interior (planned?)
Bedrooms: enough for Moneywell to sleep in a different bed for every single night of his life... unless he's a vampire.
Bathrooms: 1/2 (no toilet)
Fireplaces: 50+
Fire Alarms: 0

The bedroom floor (seriously too much space!) 113 chambers.
Screenshots
Instructor
#915 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
Little English Pub I furnished on my new PC

Girl I need that lot in my game! It's absolutely perfect
Instructor
#916 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 5:45 PM Last edited by moonlight__ : 11th Feb 2023 at 7:36 PM.
Me posting these kind of builds has become a little overdone but I had to share this. I swear it's not the only way I furnish my sims' homes. This is a bedroom in a rundown apartment of orphaned twins. I wanted to make a quick cheap bedroom without planning and not caring about matching colors and styles cause they're broke, and I love how it turned out. It looks so cozy and nostalgic that I wouldn't mind to spend the night there. Also, everything is placed properly to be functional.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#917 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 3:03 AM
A couple of neighborhood-view pics of a shindenzukuri I built a while back. I don't have any lot pics though, sorry about that. Maybe I should reinstall this lot and take some.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#918 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 10:10 PM
Old mill
Field Researcher
#919 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 3:58 PM
I am slowly building my sims' new city. Currently building the cemetery so we can transfer all the dead sims. I looked at the sky and it looks like this!

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#920 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 1:57 AM
Wonder if the creator of this house was trolling...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Instructor
#921 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 6:35 AM
Geoff Rutherford has finally invested his money into redecorating his house. Here's a sneak peak at his new winter garden because I'm honestly too tired right now to properly showcase the house. It's 100% CC-free because I'm on my laptop, and many times did I wish I had CC here, but I'm really happy with the result anyways.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#922 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Wonder if the creator of this house was trolling...

It's probably made with the visible ceiling tile objects:
https://modthesims.info/d/42789
That is cloned from a hanging plant. A long time ago, before we had Apartment Life, there were no ceilings and our interior photos showed the sky instead!
Top Secret Researcher
#923 Old 12th Mar 2023 at 1:42 PM
That is cloned from a hanging plant. A long time ago, before we had Apartment Life, there were no ceilings and our interior photos showed the sky instead!

Oh I had no idea that existed.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#924 Old 14th Mar 2023 at 3:59 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Mar 2023 at 6:08 PM. Reason: Added pics of Harry Hastie's house
That could be very useful to me. My highest EP is OFB, and I'm fed up trying to angle the camera so you can't see the ceiling (or, more accurately, the absence thereof!). Or else I pretend that the ceiling is painted blue!

Probably all the Mac players could use this too.

===============================================================

[EDIT] Since this is a picture thread, here are a couple of pictures of Harry Hastie's house at 311 Custer Boulevard in downtown Veronaville. It is arguably the most eccentric house in all Veronaville.

The house belongs to Romance teen Harry Hastie. He shares it with his boyfriend Dean Cameron, and Dean's mum Carla Cameron. All three of the were at one time CAS-made townies. Carla is in a lesbian relationship with Bianca Monty, and, on marrying each other, I expect Carla to move to Bianca's house in Mendoza Lane. That will leave just the two boys sharing the house again, but Carla (a Fortune Sim) has earned enough money to ensure that the boys will be OK. And she'll continue to keep an eye on them. As I'm sure you've noticed, somebody has left a DJ booth outside the front door. It's a gift that Bianca left for Carla. Carla though is minded to give it to her son when she leaves so the boys can have disco parties in the back room that Carla currently uses for painting.

The house started off as the Tiny House that comes with Nightlife, but has had lots of eccentric additions. The upstairs is reached with a CC spiral staircase by Marvine.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#925 Old 14th Mar 2023 at 5:36 PM
@AndrewGloria I used them a lot back in the day, and the glow in the dark stickers too! If you look on the Downloads tab you can see recolours available too.
Page 37 of 40