Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#9776 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 7:32 PM
I've been playing Veronaville for nearly ten years now, and I've just noticed that Titania wears face paint!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9777 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 10:30 AM
Because Titania is a fairy
Mad Poster
#9778 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 3:59 PM
Because Titania is throwing a masque when the neighborhood starts.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#9779 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 4:15 PM
Less playing it myself, but I was watching someone's 100 Baby Challenge in Sims 2.
I learned that toddlers can actually go and sleep in pet beds!
Forum Resident
#9780 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've been playing Veronaville for nearly ten years now, and I've just noticed that Titania wears face paint!

Hehe, reminds me how only this year I noticed that Tybalt actually has stubble. I zoomed in on the side of his face on accident and was so surprised

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#9781 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 3:27 AM
Sim teens can get college scholarship for hidden dance skill.
I initially thought it's max hobby enthusiasm for music and dance since my teen sim who got this scholarship was more of a pianist than a dancer but the wiki says it's for dancing called Tsang Footwork Award
Forum Resident
#9782 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:10 AM
I just found out that there are two different Wants related to getting a job: "Get A Job" and "Find a Job." What was the point of this?
Screenshots

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Field Researcher
#9783 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:18 AM
That with testingcheats you can make ghosts selectable. I'd never tried it before and I was too scared to save the game anyway :D
Forum Resident
#9784 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I just found out that there are two different Wants related to getting a job: "Get A Job" and "Find a Job." What was the point of this?

idk about you, but as a self-employed portrait painter, i get nagged to find a "real" job so the act of "looking" for it, as a sim would with a newspaper, is a wholly different, separate thing to actually getting a job and being employed
Mad Poster
#9785 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 7:27 PM
I discovered that adults can play in the bath too.
Previously I'd only seen teens doing it. I'm sure Veronique Wharton put on a special "pirate" voice while playing as well.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9786 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 8:58 PM
Call me slow on the uptake, but I found that a pixel can buy one book from the bookcase if it's set for sale.
I thought the bookcase itself was for sale, not individual ones-in this case a set of 'fairy tale books' by another creator. I think Almighty Hat, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, Terrance Greene is just literate enough to buy one to get his mechanical skill sets done for promotion.
He needs to know how to jimmy locks for entry into banks. He's a criminal, and that's his job-to steal things.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#9787 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 10:20 PM
Kayla Constantine turned elder, and rolled the Want for a Facelift. She does have a plastic surgery unit, and she is a Romance secondary, so of course, she went for it. A little lipwork and a nose tweak, and she still looks great of course.

She also settled on being a silver dame, and not be a fake platinum blonde anymore. Classy woman.
Mad Poster
#9788 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 1:21 AM
I wish you could set bookcases for sale. I can't stock them at furniture stores, only at bookstores, and have to buy actual bookcases out of the catalog.

You can buy a Mr. Bear's Frumpy Journey, a children's book; Once Upon Whereever, a romance novel; and How Things Work, Vol. 1, non-fiction.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9789 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 11:38 AM
*slaps sc4 file* there is so much you can fit in the takemizu map
Instructor
#9790 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 3:08 AM
I am probably the only player who hadn't already tried this, but today, just before I had to pack up my laptop and hand it to the service company, I watched a sim gradually but completely erase a rectangle from her reality, with only a thin frame as a reminder of what was once there. She then grabbed the frame and hung the void on her wall. I looked in my custom paintings folder and saw I had accidentally put an empty png there instead of the picture I had prepared - and this was how I finally, after alll these years of playing, learnt that sims can paint transparency.
Mad Poster
#9791 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 4:20 AM
No, AnMal, you may actually have a first there.

Forum Resident
#9792 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
I am probably the only player who hadn't already tried this, but today, just before I had to pack up my laptop and hand it to the service company, I watched a sim gradually but completely erase a rectangle from her reality, with only a thin frame as a reminder of what was once there. She then grabbed the frame and hung the void on her wall. I looked in my custom paintings folder and saw I had accidentally put an empty png there instead of the picture I had prepared - and this was how I finally, after alll these years of playing, learnt that sims can paint transparency.

give that sim an advanced art degree
Instructor
#9793 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 8:48 PM
About the transparent paintings: I was so mind blown by this (yeah, I'm easily impressed) that I spent about an hour searching for more simmers talking about this. I found exactly one, here on MTS. It's @Debby1957, who mentions it all casually like, just in passing, in this thread: What's in your custom painting folder? So, it seems to me she made a Great Discovery there and it went pretty much unnoticed.

I just wanted to come here and say: Nice thing you found, Debby1957, and good idea about using transparent paintings for signs!
Forum Resident
#9794 Old 27th Sep 2022 at 10:36 PM
You mean your sim, with that trick can "paint' a window and when they hang the frame on the wall it will actually be a window? That is mind blowing.
Mad Poster
#9795 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
About the transparent paintings: I was so mind blown by this (yeah, I'm easily impressed) that I spent about an hour searching for more simmers talking about this. I found exactly one, here on MTS. It's @Debby1957, who mentions it all casually like, just in passing, in this thread: What's in your custom painting folder? So, it seems to me she made a Great Discovery there and it went pretty much unnoticed.

I just wanted to come here and say: Nice thing you found, Debby1957, and good idea about using transparent paintings for signs!

Thank you, @AnMal. I said it casually, because even in 2017 I had been doing it for years. I just thought everyone knew about it. Most of my businesses have these paintings in their windows.
Scholar
#9796 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 9:45 PM
I'm sure I am the last to discover this, but I discovered that if I put something decorative on a kitchen counter, then I can put something else behind it. I had a lot of fun today cluttering up the Grunts' gigantic kitchen.
Lab Assistant
#9797 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 10:17 PM
If you have the cheat box expanded, don't attempt to resize the left border over the right side, it will instantly crash the game :o)
Forum Resident
#9798 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 7:23 AM
there are vampire coffins in the very deep basement of the house of fallen trees in the premade downtown hood LIKE whoooaaaa
I-- would normally ignore premade lots but this house is cool.
The basement was so deep, and the stairs were long and narrow. You can just yeet a victim down to your great great great great grandparents to feed em
It was proper creepy.

I'm keeping it.
Theorist
#9799 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
there are vampire coffins in the very deep basement of the house of fallen trees in the premade downtown hood LIKE whoooaaaa
I-- would normally ignore premade lots but this house is cool.
The basement was so deep, and the stairs were long and narrow. You can just yeet a victim down to your great great great great grandparents to feed em
It was proper creepy.

I'm keeping it.

It also has a special kind of lighting programmed into it, so that the house always stays kinda dark and gloomy.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/House_of_Fallen_Trees

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#9800 Old 7th Oct 2022 at 11:48 PM
I've got a reveal about how Pleasantview looked at the turn of the 17th century just before the ship bringing the first couple over arrived to let them off at the new home.It was taken after I changed the rooftops to a newly installed CC option downloaded from this site and that new style looks more historically accurate for the 17th century.
Screenshots
Page 392 of 442