Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 8:56 PM
Hi, I know this thread hasn't been active for awhile but I'm having some problems with removing the stealth hoods, more specifically the magic stealth hood that comes with apartment life. I have tried deleting the whole "NeighborhoodTemplate" folder for the magic hood but it still pops up when I'm loading a new empty neighborhood. Disabling all the other stealth hoods have worked fine but I don't know why this happens.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spookymarcus
Hi, I know this thread hasn't been active for awhile but I'm having some problems with removing the stealth hoods, more specifically the magic stealth hood that comes with apartment life. I have tried deleting the whole "NeighborhoodTemplate" folder for the magic hood but it still pops up when I'm loading a new empty neighborhood. Disabling all the other stealth hoods have worked fine but I don't know why this happens.

I can only think that maybe you have the wrong folder. I have UC and the one I have renamed so that there is no stealth hood loading is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate. E002 is inside.
Theorist
#28 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Please note that this technique will not work for neighborhoods with attached subhoods, it will only work for unattached neighborhoods and subhood templates like the ones shipped with the game.

Here's a link to Jawusa's tutorial on removing stealth subhoods:
https://modthesims.info/t/655536

If I'm not mistaken, now with the help of Jawusa's tutorial, one can remove every subhood type from a neighborhood - except for the last remaining university campus. (The game disallows it because otherwise, your young adult Sims wouldn't be accessible for play; despite you potentially not even having controllable young adult Sims in your neighborhood.)

In other words, it's possible to undergo Mootilda's tutorial on any neighborhood now, as long as:
1) you've removed the vacation destinations, suburbs and downtowns,
2) you've removed the stealth neighborhoods using Jawusa's tutorial,
3) and you have never added a university campus to the neighborhood (equivalent to having no young adult Sims in your neighborhood in a vanilla game).

Of course, if you're converting a subhood to a different subhood type or a neighborhood, then this does not apply to you, as you couldn't have had subhoods attached to a subhood.
Page 2 of 2