Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 6:35 AM
Default install multiple .rars simultaneously?
Gang,

I love CI, and it loves my puter, thankfully. However, I wonder: is there some way to install many .rar files at once using CI? We've all been in the situation of staring at lots of floor files with the sims2pack designation. Am I missing some way to group install them? (and yes, there's probably a stupid answer staring me in the face..)

"IF you cannot love me, teach me. In my language, they are the same with only a difference of inflection." -Diane Ackerman
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 7:27 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 23rd Sep 2006 at 8:56 AM.
Well, to install multiple .rar files, you can just open the folder containing those .rar files, and assuming you're using WinRAR, select the chunk you want to decompress, right-click, and choose "extract here" and it'll extract all of them to that directory.

If you really want an easy way to install, use Q-Xpress. It will download and install content from you from MTS2, and can install multiple sims2pack files using its local install feature.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 8:43 PM
If you wish to install lots of walls or floors that are in Sims2packs, then you need the Multi-Sims2pack Installer by the slightly brilliant Delphy:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37577
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 25th Sep 2006 at 9:14 PM
Or use the local install feature of the Q-Xpress Installer (http://www.q-xpressinstaller.com/)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.