Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:57 PM
Default Pics for my medical coats, pleezz
Hi! I've uploaded my new creation, but I had a problem... I need to change the pics I've included with my work, 'cause they're pixelated, but that's because a problem with my graphics card, and there's nothing I could do... so, i'd like to know if you (yes, you), could try to take better pics...
Now, this were some of pics I used:

If you want to help me, please, tell me here, and I will send you you my work, so you can take other pics...

Thanks, for reading... and thanks, for helping...

ps.- My problem, are the pixel-edges
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 10:21 AM
What are your settings like in game? One way to help get rid of the edges would be to use the 'smooth edges' option.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 11:48 AM
If you do not have "smooth edges" as an option (if the slider is greyed out like it is for many people with lower-end graphics cards)...

Do this:

Take your pictures in-game, using the Print Screen key. Zoom in using TAB mode so that you have your sim completely framed by the pic - top of the head is just below the top of the screen, bottom of the feet are just above the bottom of the screen. Paste the result into any graphics program. Then select your sim and crop her so you remove the extra background on either side.

Then... resize your pic smaller than it was originally. Make sure that in your options that Antialiasing is turned on when you do this. This will greatly reduce those jaggedy edges.

If it doesn't reduce it enough, or if your pic is already fairly small when you crop (can't resize down enough to make a difference in the quality of those edges) then raise your resolution in-game to something higher and try it again - it will lag more but even if you don't have Smooth Edges it's a good option for putting more pixels on the screen, making for less appearance of jaggedyness.

I had an integrated graphics card for a long time that was incapable of doing Smooth Edges but by using the methods above along with some serious patience with very slow frame rates in-game, I was able to take some beautiful pics that made people beg to know what graphics card I had.

BTW, I think you may want to tone down the white on those coats a little bit too, and add some shading and highlighting and a little bit of detail to them. It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshot but they look like a white bucket fill to me, which looks especially strange next to the really detailed shirt and pants. When you're making something white, never go for -white- but instead a light grey - then you have lighter grey still in your range that you can use to highlight it, and a darker grey can be used for shadowing. I think the only time one should be using 100% white or 100% black for Sims 2 clothing is when painting their alpha. Otherwise, stick to really dark grey or really light grey - still looks black or white but looks much better in-game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:03 PM
Thanks you so much... I'll try what you said... if that don't work (or it does), I'll tell you, but this really helps...
Locked thread | Locked by: justJones Reason: do not delete-useful info