Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#251 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 2:39 AM
oh god it happened again i tried the my mesh is laying down in bodyshop to fix it but it still exploded i'll have to start over
Screenshots

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#252 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 4:48 PM
play girl, uhm wait, hold on. This is 'meshtool'. If your outfit originally had a bumpmap, it still will. If it didn't, it won't.

We have 2 different (but similar in format) tutorials - only Unimesh meshes should be taken through smd later. I thought you had a working mesh? If you did, that version _is_ the finished version.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Field Researcher
#253 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
play girl, uhm wait, hold on. This is 'meshtool'. If your outfit originally had a bumpmap, it still will. If it didn't, it won't.

We have 2 different (but similar in format) tutorials - only Unimesh meshes should be taken through smd later. I thought you had a working mesh? If you did, that version _is_ the finished version.

yeah i already made the mesh but i made a new one..well if it can be called a mesh lolxD

Want free quality downloads? then visit my site!!
www.toxiccharm.net
Test Subject
#254 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 12:59 PM
hi,
i can speak english but i'm from an other country... english isn't my first language... please try to understand me

i have a trouble at step 7... my finder can't find it... my finder displays a space screen... there aren't sentences in screen... i have got all stuff and expansion packs.. and my SimPE's version is 0.58... i made a formal for males texture in BodyShop.. can you help me? why my finder can't work?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#255 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 1:44 PM
It would be a good idea to upgrade to the latest SimPE anyway, then see how you get on with that. Also the latest version of SimPE comes with a tool that makes step 7-12 unnecessary, and some other steps too.

I think Tiggerypum is still trying to find time to update the tutorial :D
Test Subject
#256 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:47 PM
thank you for the turiol know im creating lots of clothing.THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Test Subject
#257 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 3:26 PM
i haven't got MilkShape i have got 3D Canvas but it can't export on Wavefront
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#258 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 1:53 AM
SuperSonicX, you must go read the article in the InfoCenter about choosing your tools. You have to find an editor that will work with the format you are choosing to work with.

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131389

There are multiple articles describing the different ways of editing, and the requirements for the editors and editors known to work with it, including specific info if there are special settings or add ons needed.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Field Researcher
#259 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 7:25 AM
SuperSonicX
try Wings3D - http://www.wings3d.com/
or
blender - http://www.blender.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

oh, i am actually here because, I want to know if theres an even more updated version of tutorial on how to extract the 3d meshes using the latest SimPE because I can't find one.

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
#260 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 9:28 AM
Nixie, in the meantime, in SimPE 0.60 open Help|Topics|PJ Body Mesh Tool and you can read the instructions for that.

The extracting part of the tool replaces points 2-12 in the tutorial, and the linking part replaces parts 13-15 I think. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Field Researcher
#261 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 3:06 AM
I feel like I'm a big loser, I am stuck at step 8!!! I just couldn't find the resources, it didn't work, any idea why?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#262 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 4:01 AM
Inge, yes, except that they will need the gmdc file when they get to the end of the tutorial, which isn't being saved when they get the pieces. I do think the tool is good, but they need to know, among other things, if it actually retrieved all the pieces or not. It is stickied, but I consider it a shortcut after the users have at least some idea about what needs to be done.

gilysse, I'm not sure what the issue is, exactly what name did you use for the mesh? And which version of SimPE are you using?

Field Researcher
#263 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 5:51 AM
Very strange, stuffs on my Saved Sims folder don't work!! I was using 0.58 but now it's 0.60, I tried to search for afbodysundress, the search result doesn't come back, I tried other files, they work! There are certain files that don't work. Please help, I am desperate!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#264 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 8:44 AM
Your message is very confusing. You can try using this tool (click on the links to find the directions) and see if you can find your 4 mesh parts that way. You'll need to save (export) your gmdc, and then fix integrity and save your mesh and the modified shape and cres. See if that gets you back on track. The tool is included with the new simpe.

http://db.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=187761

#265 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 10:04 AM
Gilysse, make sure to read Help|Topics|PJ Body Mesh Tool to be sure exactly which steps of the tutorial the shortcut replaces, and where you have to start following the tutorial from again.

Tiggerypum, is it possible you could - instead of replacing those parts of the tutorial - just add to it, that "the above steps (x to y) may optionally be done using the PJ Body mesh tool"? I know what you're saying about wanting to educate people, but some people might prefer to be quick rather than educated After all, even SimPE's finder did not exist once, but now we take that shortcut for granted. Tool makers rely on the tutorial writers to help the users use the new tools. Unless of course you don't think our tool is helpful in the process, in which case I wish you told us before Peter spent so much time finishing and publishing it, as you were helping test it from the beginning.

What do you mean by "it's not saving the GMDC"?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#266 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 10:31 AM
Inge, what I mean is that by skipping the steps, the gmdc file is not written to their projects folder, and they will actually need it there in the end. So I can't just say it will replace certain steps, because I have to add a step or two to the process for them.

Also, the tool doesn't report 'omg I couldn't find a piece' to the user, beginners will likely just say 'I did what it said' and plow on, even if a mesh piece is missing. Which is why I do want them to learn what is needed first. This tool is very powerful and fast when a person knows what they are doing and wants to skip some tedious (but not difficult) steps.

I _am_ going to get the documentation for it integrated into both tutorial sets (this one is for the most limited editing options, one most people do not even stick with long). Although if you want to rant, ask me why we don't have full documentation on the smd editing using SimPE yet - that's backlogged many many more months than this tool.

Your tool is stickied at the top of this forum, and experienced meshers here have been using it and loving it, and it's those who make many meshes that your tool is best used by. Please be patient for a bit longer.

#267 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Also, the tool doesn't report 'omg I couldn't find a piece' to the user, .

In my tests, it did report failure to find pieces. Do please let me know where you would have expected such a report and failed to get one. This sort of thing can easily be added! Don't forget neither Peter or I are skinners and we are/were relying totally on your tutorial and feedback, along with Dr Pixel's, to design and create this tool in the first place.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#268 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:00 PM
okay, I didn't know it will complain, very early test of mine it didn't as far as I remember. Good to know. I wish I've been getting to make more meshes than I have been able to lately. The tool is good. This tutorial is different from the others, because meshtool happens to need the gmdc file in addition. So I need to write and screenshot changes.

#269 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:30 PM
Well it's possible we didn't catch everywhere that could have done with a failure report, but as I say Peter is very happy to hear suggestions for improvement and I think he can add extra error-catching reports very easily where you think they would help, including making any output more informative or easier to understand. You spec it, Peter will code it :D

Test Subject
#270 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 10:01 PM
Default A Question.
Your tutorial was very great thank you!
But I'm still confused about the Milkshape and programs like that.
Do I need Milkshape for the Mesh or is there another way?
Thanks.
Test Subject
#271 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 10:33 AM
Hey, Tig!

Awesome turorial!
It was a great help!

Thank you!

Sishi
Test Subject
#272 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:22 PM
GREAT tute, I got realy far on it the first time I tried, but my copy of milkshape expired.
Test Subject
#273 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 2:06 PM Last edited by pekodinky : 15th Dec 2006 at 2:30 PM. Reason: forgot important data
Default fix integrity error?
I cannot do it. I have tried and re-tried it must be 30 times now. The only thing I can see that is different is in the fix integrity window the University Ready tick box isn't there. There is no writing or anything. I have tried to expand but nothing? Could this be the reason? My mesh doesn't show up in body shop after step 28. Please help. Thanks Nikki
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#274 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 12:47 AM
pekodinky, that difference in the box is probably them removing outdated code, note that we ignored that setting.

Built into the latest SimPE is a tool to extract the mesh parts and link them in, I assume you are getting the right mesh parts and have 4 of them. Maybe you should delete all your recolors and try to use the linking part of the tool, instructions are here: http://www.simlogical.com/PJSE/Body...lp/Contents.htm

Then edit your mesh and just pull one vertice way out and see what it looks like. Also are you using milkshape, or trying to use a different editor to edit the obj file?

Lab Assistant
#275 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:43 AM
okay, I get how to put the mesh into the game, but when I do, all maxis or downloaded content using the same original mesh take on the new mesh I created insted of just the one I wanted to.
Page 11 of 21