Replies: 503 (Who?), Viewed: 336158 times.
Page 14 of 21
Test Subject
#326 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 1:41 AM
Default SimPE
I might be being dumb but what does SimPE mean??

I really have no clue...
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#327 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 2:47 AM
AraAra, doesn't matter what SimPE means. Matters what SimPE IS, it's a program that lets you edit your game files. And the instructions regarding where to get it and that you need to install it are clear at the beginning of the tutorial. If that is too much to handle, then this sort of modding is probably not for you, because it gets a lot harder than installing a program.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#328 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 12:53 AM
Beginning Meshing tutorial
Ummmm yeah I have a problem! Now I did everything the way you said too and now it is telling me that I have an error in the dress and mesh that I cannot replace it....... Now I am totally stumped. I tried starting it with my body shop and all it does now is freeze up on me...... That is not a good sign for me! Please someone help me!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#329 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:48 AM
Delete the files from your saved sims and download folder that you made and your bodyshop will work again. Beyond that I'm going to say you'll have to try again, because somewhere something went wrong.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#330 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:13 AM
Everything is so complicated.(:-(
There should be a multimaker,which can edit packages meshes n' stuff,
without coding,extracting and all the skill needing work.
Simpli opening the package an dragging and dropping the points.
Cause im too stupid to understand the tutorial!
If it already exist's,please tell me!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
1st Mar 2007 at 1:18 AM
This message has been deleted by tiggerypum. Reason: don't double post
Test Subject
DELETED POST
1st Mar 2007 at 1:24 AM
This message has been deleted by tiggerypum. Reason: don't triple post use the EDIT key
Test Subject
#331 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:59 PM
Default Hi
This tutorial was really helpful so thank you for that. My mesh didn't really work though. When I went to check it out the mannekins head was floating in thin air, rest of the body was laying flat on the floor and its arms were 2 meters long. So that was weird but I guess I did something wrong and I'll just have to try again. Well anyway thanks for the tutorial. :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#332 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 5:11 AM
The spot where you export and select XYZ or ZXY, you had the wrong setting clicked. Just double check that when you try again. Also the answer for this problem _is_ in the FAQ/Infocenter, you're not the first nor the last to have that happen.

Step 30 in the tutorial

Test Subject
#333 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:26 PM
what's simPE? im rubish with computers at the moment sorry
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#334 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:32 PM
SimPE is linked in the first post of this thread, the tutorial itself. It is -the- modding program that allows Sims 2 modders to do all the cool stuff we do. If you have never even heard of SimPE before and are not skilled with computers this tutorial is not for you.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#335 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 2:27 PM
Dear tiggerypum !
Thank you for giving us such a good tutorial.
But I have some problem at step 28. I'm sure I have followed your tutorial above, but at step 28, I open the bodyshop and I can't find the clothing I have just created with signal *.
Please help me . Can you tell me what mistake might I have made? Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#336 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 3:45 PM
in step 3 you said:
"3) Open the texture you just exported in Step 1. It will be in your Saved Sims folder (My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Saved Sims) and will be named with a set of numbers at the beginning, and then the filename you gave it. For example: 7f61a2a4_MeshTutorialTemp.package"

But I can't find SavedSims folder under (My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Saved Sims) , I can only find it under (My Documents/EA Games/ The sims 2 Body Shop/Saved Sims)
Is it why i can't see the clothing i made in step 28 ?
Why my bodyshop can't export in folder in (.../The Sims 2/Saved Sims)?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#337 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 7:07 PM
glacier, I have never heard of this. Which version of the game and bodyshop are you using? And can you show us a screenshot of that folder? Thanks

Test Subject
#338 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:52 PM
tiggerypum thank you for you again
I have solved my problem. I download a bodyshop but it didn't work with Sims2. Yesterday,I found there's a bodyshop in the foler Sims2 and this version works!
YES! lol !
Test Subject
#339 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 10:57 PM Last edited by Joyless : 14th Mar 2007 at 11:07 PM.
Hi, um... I'm stuck at step 29.. Whenever I try to open the GMDC I get an error message. It says:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I don't know if you needed all that but, I'm at a loss of what to do.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#340 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 11:15 PM
Note the part in the first step that says to make sure you get everything listed under "needed stuffs to run SimPE" on the SimPE site. You don't have Managed Direct X 9c.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#341 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Note the part in the first step that says to make sure you get everything listed under "needed stuffs to run SimPE" on the SimPE site. You don't have Managed Direct X 9c.

ooooh.... good, I thought that I screwed up somewhere and would have to re-do it.

Thank you <3
Instructor
#342 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 10:30 PM
its a great tutorial but when i finished everything and went to test it it looked like this

note: i used wings and the vertice mapper
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#343 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 11:10 PM
$RaMRoM$

In the infocenter/faq:
Mesh: The modified mesh does not show up in bodyshop!
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=131405

But to be honest, I'd suggest you carefully just start over. Practice is good. Often when people try 2 or 3 times they get it to work, probably had missed a step the first time.

Instructor
#344 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 1:29 PM
thanks tig i will "re" do it now
Instructor
#345 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 4:41 PM
I have done it again and walaa!

thank you...THANKS!
Instructor
#346 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 4:45 PM
AraAraPlayer... SimPE is the sims2 pakage editor, read more in its site
and dont worry... you are not dumb :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#347 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 7:40 PM
$RaMRoM$

Off to a good start! Remember that with meshtool you can only *move* the vertices. So you will have to be careful how you pick your edits. Also, do look at the adjusting uvmapping mini tutorials (or give a look at unimesh tutorial #2 at the uvmapping section). You CAN adjust the uvmapping with meshtool, assuming you know how to do it with your program.

Test Subject
#348 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 2:23 AM
Wow! I Just Learned So Many Things Reading That. Normally I Have To Think About Tutorials After I Read Them Thinking "Did That Make Sense?" Or "There's No Way Anyone Could Do That!" But Not With This One. It Was Just So Clear And Pretty Simple! I Can't Wait To Read Other Tutorial's On This Site!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#349 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 5:40 AM
sims2roxs4793 - meshtool (and this beginner tutorial) is kinda 'simple' -- but if you want to learn the more complex unimesh, I will bet you'll need to DO the tutorials - hands on is really important, especially as things get complex.

Lab Assistant
#350 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:05 PM
I have got a question. Everytime when I want to load a 3d file in Mesh Tool, this window appears: OBJ file doesn't include UV coordinates! You must have these included.
What is this supposed to mean? Could anyone please tell me what I could have done wrong?
Page 14 of 21