Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 10:51 PM
Default Top Notch Design :: Cycle 2 :: CLOSED!
*Goes under House

Welcome to cycle 2 of Top Notch Design! This season, we are doing things a bit differently. Instead of decorating residential homes, you will be decorating the community! That's right! So get your swatches and your paint brushes ready! You're about to paint the town red!

I am your host, Alexa Neves and you all will be seeing me sparatically throughout this competition. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.

1. All forum rules applies to this contest!
2. Any gender ok
3. Humans only
4. Adults only
5. Some very light photoshopping/Gimp/Paint is required. (e.i. Adding text)
6. No rude remarks towards another person's entry. The first time, you will receive a warning. If this problem continues to occur, you will be immediately disqualified.
7. No spamming! If you have any WCIF questions, please PM that person.
8. Have fun!

Judges
1. Stormy
2. Annalae
3. Oriana

Emergency Judges
1. kattenijin
2. romyhorse

Each round wil last a total of 6 days, including one extra day for judging. I will only give two 1-day extentions only! Schedule may change to meet some accomodations.

Round 1 ~ "Bon Appetit!"
11/24 - 12/1
Round 2 ~ "Let's Dance!"
12/2 - 12/7
Round 3 ~ "Babes In Toyland"
12/8 - 12/13
Final Round ~ "The Party After the Party"

12/14 ~ 12/17

**The application round will be running until November 24th!**

Name
Design Style
Short Bio

1. One colored headshot
2. Two photos of your best work
3. Why do you want to be the next Top Notch designer?

I will receive unlimited applications.

1. Shenae O'Brian (TLAWBLIQUE360) :: R1
2. Scarlette Johanson (mumof5ferals) :: R1
3. Eleonora Fabia (Vaalyah) :: R1
4. Abigail Freeman (Denise0) :: R1

6. Jeremiah Sunrise (Safyre) :: R1
7. Josephine Bardonie (Lillubibi)
8. Amareea Elix (Dreea)
9. Dulac Vallon (Gerbera) :: R1
10. Liana Roger (WhateverLife2007)

etc....[/B]

- Empty -

No prizes are listed yet. Donations are greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 5:30 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 11.18.07
Ends 12.18.07
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:06 AM
I'm here!

I am now accepting applications!
#4 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:08 AM
One question, should the photos of best work be two different rooms or can it be two pics of one room?
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TLAWBLIQUE360
One question, should the photos of best work be two different rooms or can it be two pics of one room?

Has to be from two different rooms. It can be residential or a public place.
#6 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:33 AM
Default Shenae O'Brian-Application

Name-Shenae O'Brian
Age-25
Location-San Francisco, California
Design Style-Very abstract with a modern twist.

Short Bio- I am a retired model who wanted to challenge my creative side so I got into the designing business. I'd always been a free spirit and I incorporate this in every space I decorate.

Here's some of my past work:

Warm and open Asian inspired dining room

My throw back to nature with modern art touches dining room.
Why do you want to be the next Top Notch designer?
I want to be the next Top notch designer because I feel I have a passion for design and a unique expression that is lacking amongst the design community as it stands.

Looking forward to it. All the other design contests I entered either bottomed out or kicked me out so here we are again... :howdy:
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:36 AM
Aww well hopefully my contest won't bomb out and I hope you don't get kicked out as well. Thank you for entering!!!
#8 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 9:56 AM
i think i might join but im wondering is thier money restrictions
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 9:58 AM
Can I use the same sim I've used in another application?
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 5:00 PM
honeynut ~ No money restrictions.

Vaalyah ~ Yes you can.

mumo ~ Awesome! Thanks for joining! :D
#11 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:27 PM
Just popping in and saying hi as one of your judges. Entries are looking great so far. Keep them coming! :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 12:48 AM
Will the community lots have to be usable or can there be way to much clutter ?

Plus, one tiny little detail, you say Bon Appetit, without the e at the end. (sorry, I couldn't resist :banghead: )

Quote: Originally posted by Stormy
Round 1 ~ "Bon Appetite!"
11/24 - 11/30
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lillubibi
Will the community lots have to be usable or can there be way to much clutter ?

Plus, one tiny little detail, you say Bon Appetit, without the e at the end. (sorry, I couldn't resist :banghead: )

It doesn't have to be useable. In other words, you won't have to portray people inside of the rooms.

Oh...I'll change it. lol
#14 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 1:58 AM
ohh i think i might join ? do we have a build the places thu cause i really sucka t that
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiffany
ohh i think i might join ? do we have a build the places thu cause i really sucka t that

No building is required. Just decorating. You can either decorate an already built lot in your game or just build a 10 x 10 square or something like that and decorate it. I hope you do join!!

Come on everyone! Keep those applications coming!!! I don't bite, I promise!
Scholar
#16 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:46 AM
Checking in for judge duty. Ohemgee, two contestants already!!!
Instructor
#17 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:00 AM
Default Eleonora Fabia

From September 2007 Issue of HomeDesign:

... her name is Eleonora Fabia, she's 27 and comes from Milan, even if in the last years she moved to Rome for better job opportunities.

HD: So, Eleonora, tell us, what is your desing style?
EF: Well, As you can see from my previous work, I love minimalism. Pure lines, big empty spaces, where light can draw shapes and dimensions. I like modern pieces, with some ethnic accent, more with Japan inspiration. I think we are living in XXI century, so why pretending to be in a sort of Medieval movie? Each epoch has its own design schemes, I think is quite useless to refuse them

HD: What can you bring to the world of desing?
EF: (laughing) Well, I cannot say to be a genius, or a visionary, there are many talented people in home designer, but without pretending of being something that I'm not, I think I could simply add a more modern perspective to houses and a general "clean" feeling to environment.

HD: We already know you are trying to become the next Top Notch designer. So, which is the reason for entering that competition?
EF: Well, to say the truth, I don't know why I entered. I mean, of course is a famous contest and the winner would surely get a lot of notoriety, but sincerely I don't think I have any chance to win (laugh). I would say that I've entered just for trying. I mean, is a good chance to improve my abilities and to vie with many important designers. So I think that the right answer is: to improve. And improvement is the basic quality each designer should have.

DINING ROOM:

http://i8.tinypic.com/6shxq9g.png
http://i5.tinypic.com/6t4fhvl.png

BATHROOM

http://i15.tinypic.com/73me8f9.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/851kmyd.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/6jvnwoy.jpg
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 10:35 AM
Looks great Vaalyah, thank you so much!! :D
Instructor
#19 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 11:00 AM
The contest is yours, so, thank YOU for giving us the possibility of having fun
#20 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 4:59 PM
Default Abagail Freeman

Name: Abagail Freeman

Design Style: I prefer modern, but I enjoy any type of design

Short Bio: I got married at 19 and had my daughter right away, while helping the designer design my daughters nursery I thought that a career in design would be something that I would love to do. I put my self through design school, with the help of my very supportive husband. I have done mostly freelance work. I have been in several design competitions, I won the design star competition, which made me want to do this one even more. I know that I have the ability but designing the community will be a great challenge for me, as I have only done residental design.

I would love to be a Top Notch designer because it would broaden my horizons. I think that it would give me wonderful opportunities. I love being a designer and could not imagine doing anything else.

Here are 2 samples of my work:

Here is a bathroom that I did for a single, professional woman.

This is a bedroom that I had done for a teenage girl.

Original Poster
#21 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vaalyah
The contest is yours, so, thank YOU for giving us the possibility of having fun

Well the contest wouldn't be fun without any contestants now would it?

Denise0, thank you for joining! Your designs are great!! But please put your contestant's name in the title section please. It just makes it a lot easier for the judges to get to it. Thanks.
#22 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:58 AM
ok thanks for answering my qustion im ganna try and join
#23 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 3:29 AM
Cool contest! i think someone should create a home and garden sims 2 magazine hmmm nice idea lol...
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 4:33 AM
Tiffany: You're welcome. I hope you decide to join! :D

TJSIMS05: Thank you! That would be awesome! For one of the rounds, that's one of their tasks actually.
Banned
#25 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 7:43 AM
Default Application: Jeremiah Sunrise

Name: Jeremiah Sunrise

Design Style: Classical Modern

Short Bio:
Being the youngest of 4 children, I learned that not everything will be just given to me. My love for interior design started when I reached grade 10 after having moved to Knoxville. My brothers were busy with their jobs and college to help getting the new house setup. Upon graduating from high school, I enrolled at UT and completed my major a few months ago.

I'd like to be the next Top Notch designer because I feel that being fresh out of school I have great and grand ideas.

Click the room pics for larger versions.

Page 1 of 4