Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1226 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 5:08 AM
This time I use WesH plugin,
because i really dun want to lose my work :P
so I export it as a SimPE file,,( did the XYZ)
and then it showed up in Milkshape like this:

and then when i tried the export it,
it said "Vertice count for BODYMOD.1 incorrect"...
Advertisement
#1227 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 5:39 AM
IT DIDNT WORK!! I TRYED IT OVER AND OVER BUT NOTHING!!

Edit: sorry i didnt mean to get all angry.
Field Researcher
#1228 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 6:33 AM
Default I can't import the .obj file...
I can't seem to get the import or open to work when using Milkshape. Everytime I attempt to import the mesh/object Milkshape automatically closes. It does the same when I click File/Open as well. Could it be because I have a trial version? Any suggestions/solutions/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amber
Instructor
#1229 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 7:23 AM
Vicvic616 the easiest way to fix your problem is to export the explodeing mesh again without changing anything.Then import that .obj with meshtool again that should fix your problem.Next time change the export rotation to XZY like SnowStorm suggested.

Amber I am not sure why you are having problems with milkshpe it should work as the trial version,or at least it did a few versions ago when I had a trial version.Check the milkshape home home page it may be a problem that you can get help with there unless someone else here has an idea.
Lab Assistant
#1230 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PAF
Vicvic616 the easiest way to fix your problem is to export the explodeing mesh again without changing anything.Then import that .obj with meshtool again that should fix your problem.Next time change the export rotation to XZY like SnowStorm suggested.

"import that .obj with meshtool again" <-- So repeat those steps will fix it?@@
should I export it with WesH plugin/ OBJ?
and do i export the file first time i made changes on/ export a new one from PE?
because the after replacing the file in SimPE,,they r the same now.

And in future,
if I prefer make more changes on the mesh and not just moving around,
would WesH be a better choice?
If I use that, do I use XZY aswell? ( actually is it suppose to be XZY everytime I export it?)
thx for answering ^^
Instructor
#1231 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vicvic616
"import that .obj with meshtool again" <-- So repeat those steps will fix it?@@
should I export it with WesH plugin/ OBJ?
and do i export the file first time i made changes on/ export a new one from PE?
because the after replacing the file in SimPE,,they r the same now.

And in future,
if I prefer make more changes on the mesh and not just moving around,
would WesH be a better choice?
If I use that, do I use XZY aswell? ( actually is it suppose to be XZY everytime I export it?)
thx for answering ^^

Since your mesh already has too many vertice I really doubt just importing the obj will work. You need to get those vertices assigned to joints.

I suggest your read Dr. Pixels Tutorial on adding a shoe mesh. That goes into adding new vertices, assigning them to joints/bones etc.

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Instructor
#1232 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 7:32 PM
Sorry I didn't realize that you had added vertices to the mesh. Yes you should use the plugins or the .smd import with meshtool.
Lab Assistant
#1233 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowStorm
Since your mesh already has too many vertice I really doubt just importing the obj will work. You need to get those vertices assigned to joints.

I suggest your read Dr. Pixels Tutorial on adding a shoe mesh. That goes into adding new vertices, assigning them to joints/bones etc.

I went to the site, and the closest thing i can find is which it said go to the joint section,
select the section u want and press assign,,is that correct?
but he didnt mention abt adding new vertice so im not sure..
Anyway...after the XZY/YZX thing, now the mesh has became one standing and one laying...
guess there's no way to fix it and I will start it all over again...
My bf strongly disagree with me doing this mesh thing,
he said its for university student to do...
But I just enjoy to design stuff on my own.. :sadpanda:

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this? ( less trouble/errors )
like using wt 3D programme or with/without the plugin? using wt to im/export?
Actually if anyone can help me go through it every step on MSN would be very nice... pls...
Test Subject
#1234 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:18 PM
Hmmm
I use wings but I am starting to doubt it. :monkey:

Hello!!
Test Subject
#1235 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 8:44 PM
Default Error on "right click" Resource Node
I have made many meshes with the older SimPE following Brianna's tutorial, but I have yet to be able to do anything with the new version. I am trying to use the "classic" version because I do not understand the new version...I only get as far as step 17...."extract new copies of your resource node...." and I get this error message "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you checi Quit the application will shut down immediately. No parent was found in Search Path!" ...I of course have chosen to continue , but when I get to step 25 to check temp skin it is badly distorted.......I have tried this over and over again. I have read back to page 37 in these posts but don't see anything resembling this problem....Can anyone who is using the classic help me out?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1236 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 11:48 PM
vicvic I hate to say it, but wes' plugins do not work with obj files. To 'rescue' your mesh you would need to assign every single point to the right bones - which is not worth it.

While I know it took you a lot of time to work on the mesh, the 2nd time around will take you *less* time. You need to start with Wes' bodychop and follow the directions for it, which are different once you build your new mesh file and assign it to your texture. (if you saved your old files you can just restart from that point) I have indeed done mesh edits more than once in order to get something working right.

And I do not think someone must be a 'university' student to learn how to edit 3D meshes, and you'd probably be fine now if you had understood that you cannot add points to your mesh using this tool. It requires patience, persistance and time to learn how to modify meshes, but not a degree. Keep at it!
Test Subject
#1237 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 7:37 PM
Will this work
On my mesh I did deleat points.But I cut parts from a similar mesh and added them to my mesh (Exsample:I took a maxis mesh and deleated the top portation and welded a top with the shape that I wanted.)Now Since the top still has all the simmilar animated verts and assigned Qualities. Will my mesh work?
Instructor
#1238 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Krell
On my mesh I did deleat points.But I cut parts from a similar mesh and added them to my mesh (Exsample:I took a maxis mesh and deleated the top portation and welded a top with the shape that I wanted.)Now Since the top still has all the simmilar animated verts and assigned Qualities. Will my mesh work?

No not with the meshtool/obj. You can only move vertices using this tool. You must use a different tool, FROM THE START, if you wish to delete/add vertices. Once you've added vertices that didn't originate in the mesh file you must assign them to joints. You cannot do this using the meshtool/obj.

Lab Assistant
#1239 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 3:41 AM
Default problem using 3ds max
i dont know whats wrong with my 3ds max.i have no problem using milkshape.i import the files..modified the meshes abit and export like the usual.no problem with that.then, i used 3ds max,i did the same thing.i modified abit and export the mesh.(i did not del anything)but when i load in the obj in mts2 meshtool,there was a small window said 'run-time error 9.subscript out of range.'why is that?something really different in 3ds?if anyone uses 3ds,maybe u guys could help.just,brushing my skills using 3ds...
Lab Assistant
#1240 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 9:56 AM
This tme i tried to do accessories for the neck,,thought it would be easier..
and this time i used WesH so i can add vertices,
but i guess i didnt how to "properly" assign it,
(i just selected everything and assign it to the neck)
so when i exported it in milkshape and replace it in simpe, errors msg came up in both software
Now i cant open the .simpe file in Milkshape, and the file in SimPE is still a pair of glasses...

i am getting quite annoyed by this..
as i tried 2 times very hard editing the meshes.. and i just ends up losing the work..
I am quite sure its all abt the JOINTS,GROUP and COMMENT things...
Can anyone put out a tutorial just for this?
( would be better explain how clothes group and accessories group work,,
I think they are different,as clothes group is fit/fat/pregnant,and accessories is lens,frame and forgotten)
I've tried a few tutorials I found and ppl suggested,
yet they dun seems to explain very well on "assigning joints"...

P.S. I followed this post http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ght=accessories
to do it, (+the steps of creating the package of here)
Test Subject
#1242 Old 20th Dec 2005 at 10:47 AM
Thanks Brianna!! This tutorial is the best ever and I managed to create a mesh, after I read step 27 more carefully! Thank you!

LEMON Sims

Please visit my website!
Test Subject
#1243 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 11:59 AM
I gave up trying to use the "classic version" and I have successfully made a new mesh with the regular version of the new Simpe....However, I have tried to export two different Nightlife meshes going to ProgramFile>EAgames>TheSimsNightlife>TSData>Res>3D and have extracted 06,05,04 and 03. I have followed through with the rest of the steps, but when I get to step 25 (Brianna's) and check my temp skin it has spikes extending from it....Is there anything different about Nightlife meshes that I could be doing incorrectly?
Instructor
#1244 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 12:26 PM
Spikes usually indicate vertices that are not assigned to a bone/joint. Did you add/remove vertices? If so you cannot do this using the meshtool/obj method.

Test Subject
#1245 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 10:51 PM
I never got that far....I didn't get into Milkshape yet. I have since made another mesh successfully today which is based on a mesh from the original game with no problems. I thought maybe there was a problem with NL meshes and the latest version of Simpe! I guess that no one else has this problem...For reference I am using the mesh tool and following Brianna's original tutorial and also Suzy's to step 6. I have also remembered to change to xyz when exporting. However, with the NL meshes I only get to "delete the shape and resource nodes from the packed window...Save" and check Temp mesh in Bodyshop....When I do it already has the spikes before I go any further.
Lab Assistant
#1246 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Lakritze83 : 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:55 AM.
i am soo upset, cause nobody wants to help me and i dont know what i am making wrong.. i have meshed so many nice clothes but in the bodyshop they are always damaged and i don't know why (

proof:

http://www.serasims.de/stuff/fault.jpg

in milkshape:

http://www.serasims.de/stuff/milkshape.jpg

could please somebody help me?
Lab Assistant
#1247 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 12:58 PM
I have this problem!!! I know this problem is in MESH TOOL because when I import my editedgown in SIM PE and I do a preview, my cloth has a problem!!!

Please help me!!!! :bandit:
#1248 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 12:39 PM
Default Confusion on step 26 - Feeling dense....
I've downloaded the latest version of SimPe. I've had almost no trouble going through all of the steps through 25. Then we get to "Open up your MESH package in SimPe. I've hunted. I've opened everything I can lay my cursor on. I've clicked everything in SimPE and can't get a screen like the one shown for step 26. Can anyone offer some guidance? :insane:
Test Subject
#1249 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 4:05 PM
would it be possible to export an entire sim, because Im making a sim (Male head, female body) and I can't nail the neck gap, so if I cpuld export the sim I could make it look all nice :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#1250 Old 26th Dec 2005 at 8:54 PM
The head and body are separate.

I think what you might need to do is take an extra set of steps and go get a male mesh and load it into the 3-d program and get the location (write down the coordinates) of each of the top neck points.

Once you have them, you can go back to your female mesh and move the top points and then adjust the rest of the neck yourself. You will still need to grab the top row of points after that and drag them all up a tiny bit if you're using milkshape to fix the weird neck gap rounding bug, but at least you'll have them lined up right to meet the male head.
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: Outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 50 of 54