Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 2:22 PM
Help! How can I import a MESH in MilkShape. I know how to do it but I can't seem to find the .obj file (how do you extract it from SimPE or BodyShop).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 3:18 AM
Yep, I'm stumped... Where is the mesh file package?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:00 AM
To find your mesh, you need to follow most of the steps in Brianna's tutorial. This tutorial just gives some hints about how to actually use milkshape to modify a mesh.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=43092
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 1:03 AM
OH yeah. I need a help in milkshape. This tut is perfect. I haven't seen it yet, but I know it will be.Thank you. I only have 24 days left of free milkshape so...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:35 AM
it no work plz help i cant find the SimPE folder help!!!!!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#31 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 10:18 PM
try using the search function on your computer? And you do need to actually *install* SimPE on your computer, it's _not_ part of The Sims, it's an extra program developed by Quaxi that let's us modify game content.

It's found at http://sims.ambertation.de/
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 4:42 AM
i tried that but SimPE wont open it says

"a recuired .DDL file, MSCOREE.DDL, was not found." plz help!!!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#33 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 6:37 AM
Sounds like you're missing something. Try going to the SimPE site (link above!) and check the faq, there is a link for getting the Microsoft .NET Framework thing - I clicked it and it went to a bad page at microsoft but you should be able to search for that at microsoft and get what you need.
If you still can't figure out what you need, post this on the SimPE forum so that they can help you find what you need to install the program and get it to run.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 6:50 AM
sorry it still dosent work i need 2 install a another thing of SimPE but 2 install it i need 2 install windows 5.01 or later and then install SimPE AGAIN (it takes 30 mins 4 me) and i cant be stuffed :sorry:

(ps i just have 2 ask what the hell is it with the blu thing blowing bubbles? it annoies me!!)
#35 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 8:55 AM
what graphics programe is best for doing this
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 11:53 PM
ahhh im so confused, i dono wat to download, the milkshake thing has so much am i supose to download all of it, or just some!?

can anyone list exactly what im supose to download for me? cuz im so lost
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#37 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 2:51 PM
Illusion, I added some info about what to download into the first message, I hope that helps.
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 5:15 PM
THANX A BUNCH, you say your a novice but what you wrote has made more sence than any other i have read, that was brilliant, i know understand the method behind basically stretching the mesh, i was about to give up lol, honestley, thanx again, i look forward to your next tutorial, and dont change a thing, keep it simple lol
#39 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 9:01 AM Last edited by Vitixme : 25th Apr 2006 at 1:00 AM.
Default A little help, please
I followed the tutorial, which worked wonderfully; I have a couple of questions though.

I created a new Sim Genetic in Bodyshop. I opened the package in SimPE. I used briannas tutorial to create a new mesh with the cres, shpe, gmdc & gmnd files. Extracted aftopnaked_tslocator_gmdc. I edited with Milkshape, and exported the obj. I loaded it back to my 4-file mesh with Meshtool.

My questions are: Did I do this the right way to edit my created sim only? How do I import the new mesh back into the package for my created sim? I have searched for a tutorial or thread regarding this to no avail.

Thanks for any help.
#40 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:14 AM
Ok, I took another look at part one of the tutorial. It appears as if the .obj is a clothing mesh; am I wrong? If that is true, how does one go about adding dimension to the body only? Like I stated, I pulled the GMDC from a Genetic creation, I would like to add the dimensions to this so that all clothes will adapt to it. Am I offbase here? Will clothes conform to the body, or do they become pieces of the body?

I am a complete newbie on this subject; I have spent hours on the site search for threads and tutorials to no avail. I apologize if my level of ignorance on the subject is beneath that which can be obtained by reading the explicit and well-written tutorials on this site, but I just haven't seen this topic addressed.

Any pointers are appreciated; links or instructions.

Thanks.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#41 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:10 AM
There is no 'body' separate from 'clothing'. I keep meaning to write a 'everything you need to know about mesh parts' writeup, maybe that will be my next side project.

When a sim changes from nude to formal to swim to regular, the entire sim from the neck down is changed to a single new mesh (or 2, with a separate top and bottom). It only looks like there is a body with clothing on it, because the entire set of meshes were made to the same specifications. On that count, the 'nude' mesh and a clothed mesh, are the same kind of item.

So no matter *what* you do, you'd need to change a whole set of meshes to have the same body specs - you can see Warlokk's basic body mesh project where he created a variety of tops and bottoms.

But getting the *nude* mesh (which happens to have been built as a top and bottom mesh, we don't know why) to work with this is a tricky project. It requires that the new nude body be associated with a specific skintone, which you then must use for any sims you want to have that bodytype, in addition to selecting appropriate clothing for them. How to do that is in marvine's tutorial (but this is an advanced topic, and I've never done it, although I understand the concept).

It actually sounds like you *might* have gotten that to work, except that you can't view a nude sim except in game. Create a sim with the new skintone you made and take her in game and get her nude and see if you see your new mesh. She'll also need coordinating clothing, but if you got that working, you're well on your way!
#42 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Vitixme : 25th Apr 2006 at 5:42 AM.
Thanks for the response Tig. I just couldn't wrap my head around the concept. You make it all very clear, except for one thing. If I wanted to create a sim with a specific body type, would I have to edit all "instances" of that character? Meaning, separate custom meshes and packages for nude, nudesoft, nudecut, and all clothing the sim would wear (undies, formal, everyday, etc.), including work clothes? Sorry if this is splitting hairs, but I'd like to figure out what I have in store for creating a custom sim.

Thanks again

*Edit*

Ok, had a look at Warlokk's ladies. Should've had a look before I responded. I see how it works now...

I'll give it a go and hopefully get a couple up and running.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#43 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 5:45 AM
I don't know the details about all the nude variations, but a definite yes on the clothing. I expect Marvine's tutorial explains what's involved with the nude, but I don't know if that's the case. If not, I suggest you post a new topic in the main bodyshop meshing forum and ask questions - as specific as you can make them

You'd need to create a entire wardrobe for them, if they are so differently built that you feel it is necessary. Just an fyi, there *is* warlokk's project, which has a lot of top and bottom variations, and you might find what you need there. There's also a couple sets of heavy women meshes on site, and at least one person did make a working nude body attached to a skin for one of the options... I don't know what sort of character you're building, but I suggest you do explore what's on site, because maybe you'll find some meshes that will work for at least part of your project.

We've definitely strayed off topic for this tutorial - so we should continue in the main forum (or actually maybe someone who knows will have more info)
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 7:59 PM
hello I've had a scan through your tutorial it look's very good, It's just you say something about a mesh file that you have to import first .... The problem is that I dont know what file you mean .. you also mention a tutorial by BriAnna do i need that ? If so where is it as i have searched Mod The Sims 2 for it ....
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 12:35 AM
If you'd looked at the beginning of either of the two 'beginner' body meshing tutorials, you would see that they have replaced Brianna's tutorial... so take your pick of one of them.
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 8:44 AM
oh ok ... sorry ........
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jameyab
First off, let me just say that I am finding this board VERY informative!

I'm trying to manipulate the frame of the adult female to give her a more shapely stance. I am editing the file afbodynaked from the sim03 package under the Geometric Data Container and am exporting it to an .obj file. I am able to change it under milkshape and everytime I reload the sim03 file, it shows up as edited. However, there is no change to the AF frame in the game. Can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong or just what i'm not doing period! Thanks in advance

Jamey

you are only changing the body frame, the clothes have ther own frames, if you want the girl to have the frame you edited, you must change the clothes' frame too.
Test Subject
#48 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 12:58 AM
thanx sooo much. i wanted to no how to make bigger breast for a long time
Test Subject
#49 Old 18th May 2007 at 11:48 PM
Hey aardvarkams! I was looking at your tennis skirt textue and I see that you added the skirt to an existing mesh. I have reformed a mesh and I would like to add a skirt to it. I took the cylinder from milkshape and shaped it around the new body. I assigned the material, fixed the bones, couldn't do anything with the UVmap because Control T (texture editor) gave me a texture error message. Can you help me or point me to a tutorial Pleeeeease?

Forum Resident
#50 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 12:56 PM
this is MORE than useful!thanx 4 all hard work!i will save this 4 sure!thanx again girls!hugs
Page 2 of 3