Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stop Random Flirting

by Aariancya Posted 10th Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM - Updated 22nd Apr 2021 at 9:32 PM by Aariancya : updated description

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#76 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Aariancya : 28th Dec 2019 at 3:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by sharq
hey, your mod looks like very helpful, but I don’t quite understand what is the difference between your mod and the settings of the MC Tuner (Stop Random Flirting), at first glance MC do almost the same
and the second question, I wonder if your mod is compatible with this one? it looks like they are using the same file http://modthesims.info/d/619542/upd...er-romance.html

I don’t know how this setting in MCCC works, it wasn’t there before I made this mod. You can try it out and use the one that suits your needs better.

Version 3.0 is not compatible with Better Romance by simler90. It is possible to use this mod and Version 2.1 but I wouldn’t advise to do that. Better use one or the other.
Test Subject
#77 Old 28th Dec 2019 at 1:03 PM Last edited by sharq : 2nd Jan 2020 at 10:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aariancya
I don’t know how this setting in MCCC works, it wasn’t there before I made this mod. You can try it out and use the one that suits your needs better.

Version 3.0 is not compatible with Better Romance by simler90. It is possible to use this mod and Version 2.1 but I wouldn’t advise to do that. Better use one or the other.

ok, thank you for your help
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 11:58 PM
Pretty sure this mod no longer works 100%. It seems to only effect the player sims now, as I have npc's cheating on their spouses and forming new romances left and right (Example: Saw Geoffoery Landgrabb ask Katrina Caliente to be his girlfriend when I know he's still married - Both npcs). While generally I do not care about my npc townies.. this concerns me when my sim's partner is an npc. While yes, I could use MCCC - I'd prefer not to. I've used this mod as long as I can remember. I do hope it is still supported and will be updated. Thanks!

Modder | Builder | Storyteller | Support
Test Subject
Original Poster
#79 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Aariancya : 10th Sep 2020 at 3:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by YourFalseHope
Pretty sure this mod no longer works 100%. It seems to only effect the player sims now, as I have npc's cheating on their spouses and forming new romances left and right (Example: Saw Geoffoery Landgrabb ask Katrina Caliente to be his girlfriend when I know he's still married - Both npcs). While generally I do not care about my npc townies.. this concerns me when my sim's partner is an npc. While yes, I could use MCCC - I'd prefer not to. I've used this mod as long as I can remember. I do hope it is still supported and will be updated. Thanks!

Which version of my mod do you use? I'm using version 3 in my own game and didn't notice any problems.

Do you have a mod to prevent generating random relationships when you switch households? I don't know if the game still generates romantic relationships when you do this, I use mods to prevent this for years.

Do you use any other romance mod? I know Better Romance by simler90 is not compatible with my mod and maybe there are more mods out there which use the same XML. And there is more than one way to make the game ignore my mod.

Maybe you could tell me under which circumstances your NPCs flirt? I saw in your profile, you own DLCs I don't have: University and Eco. Maybe there is something in one of the DLCs. I have read about unwanted behavior caused by NAPs. If it's something NAP related, you'll probably need another mod to fix this.

I understand your concern, I wouldn't like that too. I just need some more information to find the problem.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aariancya
Which version of my mod do you use? I'm using version 3 in my own game and didn't notice any problems.

Do you have a mod to prevent generating random relationships when you switch households? I don't know if the game still generates romantic relationships when you do this, I use mods to prevent this for years.

Do you use any other romance mod? I know Better Romance by simler90 is not compatible with my mod and maybe there are more mods out there which use the same XML. And there is more than one way to make the game ignore my mod.

Maybe you could tell me under which circumstances your NPCs flirt? I saw in your profile, you own DLCs I don't have: University and Eco. Maybe there is something in one of the DLCs. I have read about unwanted behavior caused by NAPs. If it's something NAP related, you'll probably need another mod to fix this.

I understand your concern, I wouldn't like that too. I just need some more information to find the problem.

Sorry for the late reply but I use version 3 and only play one household. I am unsure about the circumstances. I believe for the landgrab situation I mentioned one of them was in the NPC false flirty mood and it was just a random conversation on the side of the road. I already have mods to block the romance autonomy from NAPS so I'm not sure what else it could be. In my game relationships are cleared it seems the minute they leave the lot as the next time I saw them, they had no clue who one another was. My game has been doing this for years, even without mods.

Modder | Builder | Storyteller | Support
Test Subject
Original Poster
#81 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YourFalseHope
Sorry for the late reply but I use version 3 and only play one household. I am unsure about the circumstances. I believe for the landgrab situation I mentioned one of them was in the NPC false flirty mood and it was just a random conversation on the side of the road. I already have mods to block the romance autonomy from NAPS so I'm not sure what else it could be. In my game relationships are cleared it seems the minute they leave the lot as the next time I saw them, they had no clue who one another was. My game has been doing this for years, even without mods.

No problem. I can't answer as quickly as I would like too. That's really weird. There is something I noticed since the Eco patch: I blocked all autonomy from interactions for phones in my game. Many sims going around my lots use their phones since this patch. Sims in the household I play don't do this. I looked in the original tuning and the interaction to ask a sim to be girlfriend is not allowed to be used autonomous. It seems there is something pushing NPCs to use interactions which are not usable autonomous for them.

I will try to find a solution but I can't promise anything. I can't really test this because it doesn't happen in my game. Maybe you could tell me which mods you use to block NAP autonomy. Then I know where I don't need to look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#82 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 6:45 PM
@YourFalseHope

I borrowed a game with Eco and tried to reproduce the bug. I tested with my mod and used No NPC Free Love by magneticsouth to block romantic NAP autonomy. But no NPC tried to flirt with anyone.

I really don't know what causes this behavior in your game. I'm sorry, but I think I can't fix this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 12:53 AM
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 1:23 AM
can you please please make a separate version of the StopRandomRisqueQuestions mod again? I don't want to place restrictions on flirting, just that single aspect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#85 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IveGotACat
can you please please make a separate version of the StopRandomRisqueQuestions mod again? I don't want to place restrictions on flirting, just that single aspect.

At the moment the original game doesn't allow to do autonomous risque questions. As far as I know the mod PersonalityPlease allows autonomous risque questions. If you don't have this mod you don't need an additional mod.
If you do, you could ask the creator of this mod. Or you could use MCCC Tuner to block all autonomous use for this interaction.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:37 PM
This mod is vital. I cannot play without it. Thanks a million times.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 9:51 AM
This is perfect, it has all I needed, and has not all that I wanted untouched, thank you!!
Page 4 of 4