Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 11:51 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 18th Apr 2021 at 7:58 AM.
Default Custom Skintone created in Skininator black in game [ solved ]
So this is my first time attempting to use Skininator to change the tone ramps on a cc skin.

I opened the skin I wanted to use in S3PE and exported to file the skin blends I wanted to use for toddler - elder
I created a new ramp in my image program 256 x 256 and saved it as a DXT5 with mini maps.
I also created matching png file for the skin bar.
I imported everything into Skininator (i have tried the old and new version) letting it auto fill in speculars and normals in the new version.
I then compact saved it to package file.
I load it into game and this is the result i end up with

I have read and watched tutorials and I don't see where I am going wrong with this.
can anyone give me some advice.
Thanks.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 7:58 AM
Ignore me. As per usual I self sabotaged myself by renaming my files to make them easier to locate. But those file names apparently hold important info for the game. You live, you learn, you wish better tutorials existed for what to & not to do.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling