Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 3:57 PM
Default An Invisible Girl
My one and ONLY piece of poetry. I also realise what an absolute goon I was when I wrote this, call it teen angst. I post it because I think we've all been there at one point or another.
P.S. Flames and crits welcome. I deserve it. LOL!
Blows off the cobwebs and presents......

An Invisible Girl

I'm all alone
He doesn't notice
I call his name
He can't hear
I look into his eyes
He looks through me
I whisper 'I love you'
He doesn't care

He's looking at her
So much love in his eyes
It's like I'm invisible
An invisible girl

I want to talk
He won't listen
I reach out
He doesn't respond
I want his arms around me
He won't touch me
I can cry my eyes out
He'll never see

He follows where she leads
His heart on his sleeve
He's her puppet on a string
If only once he'd look that way at me
but to him I am invisible
An invisible girl

I went away
He never missed me
I ask 'How are you?'
He says 'Uh-huh'
I called him up
He didn't answer
My heart is breakin'
He'll never know

Because to him I am invisible
An invisible girl
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 12:25 AM
Very discriptive, well done! I can imagine the girl trying to get his attention, and he can pretty much reach his arm through her body as she really is invisable. I for one love it. You are very good poet.

Just some C.C, I would of liked it if you said AN, instead of THE. And would make it like she isn;t the only one
#3 Old 13th Feb 2008 at 9:10 PM
I like it, too. If you have the interest, you should think about writing some more. You've got some real talent there.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 1:33 AM
Thank you cwoods977 and -starbuck- for your kind comments.
I really appreciated the C.C., cwoods. Thanks. I think when I wrote it, I felt like I was the only one going through this angst...teens can be so self-centered. LOL! I made the changes to see how it would sound...I kinda like it.
-starbuck- I really wish I could write more poetry, but I never could except this one time, write in verse. I'm really envious of those who can.
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 6:28 AM
You really got your feelings through to the reader. I like it a lot. You should keep writing.
#6 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 1:46 AM
Thanks for taking my CC.

You should deffinatley right some more. You have a true talent, just by reading that one poem... I can tell!
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 6:57 PM
Thank you babicatz05 and thanks again cwoods977.
I doubt I'll ever again think in verse, I guess nothing is as powerful as teen angst. LOL!