Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 9:16 AM
Default Recolors not showing on my cloned sign object
I cloned an object to make bathroom signs. The clone came out fine but all of the recolors point to the original object and not my cloned object. The recolors show up and work on the original object but they don't show up at all on the cloned object. Is there an option or step that I am missing to get the recolors to work with my cloned object?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 1:15 PM
Did you assign a new GUID to your new object?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 2:19 PM
Before assigning a GUID, remember to tick the "update MMATs" box underneath. You can tick it and then click "update" if you've already assigned a GUID.

When you're done, make sure the correct GUID number shows in all the MMATs.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 4:09 PM
The GUID database seems to be down. So if you do have a block of GUIDS (thankfully I had just added a new one!) and DO need to assign a new GUID to this object (or another) you'll need to adjust the number manually. (And remember it so you don't use it again, lol.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 5:18 PM
SOLVED! I figured it out. The MMAT was pointing to the GUID of the original object. All I had to do was change the GUID to the GUID of the clone and they showed up for my cloned object.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 5:32 PM
Thank you all for your help.