Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 1:13 AM
Default Is anyone still creating custom content?
Hi, I have downloaded a bunch of things and I thank all of you wonderful people for everything you create. I was wondering if there is still anyone creating custom content for the Sims 2. I am trying to create an element for Sims to join the church (Catholic specifically) and I have no career paths of clothing. Can anyone create some of this for me?

I am definitely looking for outfits for male priests, monsignors, bishops, cardinals and even a Pope. I would appreciate the help.

A career mod might not be bad either. I am willing to help brainstorm this too if needed.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 1:28 AM
Lots of people are still creating custom content, however, you aren't allowed to make requests on this forum. I would suggest opening a thread in the Where Can I find section (https://modthesims.info/f/557/) and seeing if anyone can help you locate some suitable clothing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 1:50 AM
New CC comes out nearly every day. You are not allowed to make requests on MTS though. There is a creators who take request thread in WCIF and you can pm anyone on there although I don't know how many are on that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#4 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:02 AM
Yes, there's plenty of people still making cc! Though many creators are on tumblr nowadays. You might want to try looking at The Sims Medieval (TSM) conversions; I find creators for historical hoods tend to have better selections for religious cc. While the clothes are of course medieval, Catholic vestments tend to be ornate anyway, so you might be able to make do. Here's some for example:
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hilit=tsm+robes

And then check out G-Rated Religion by Chris Hatch, Larky, & AlmightHat, if you haven't already. If the medieval style does suit you and/or you are looking for more religious mods, let us know and we'll help you track them down. Though this post should probably get moved to WCIF.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:19 AM
The ReligioSims section of RetailSims has a lot of altars, crucifixes, monstrances, chalices and other church paraphernalia. Be quick though, as the site is about to close!

The working pulpit is especially good.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The ReligioSims section of RetailSims has a lot of altars, crucifixes, monstrances, chalices and other church paraphernalia. Be quick though, as the site is about to close!

Te working pulpit is especially good.

When are they closing? It didnt say on the site.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 2:30 AM
RetailSims is closing because of the bereavement and financial hardship of the site owner and creator. She hasn't given a date. See the RetailSims home page.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 8:57 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 27th Oct 2020 at 12:04 AM. Reason: s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g
@dlstrong6789 : Have you seen this very old set of Religious Clothing by Morellco? It contains a nun's outfit (with hair) and a priest's outfit. Both are available in boht Adult and Elder forms.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator