Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 7:35 PM
Default Custom Skin Scalp Problems
Hi all! I'm having custom skin scalp troubles. Initially I thought the problem was that the scalp wasn't showing up for some of the hair and there was a pitch black texture instead. But upon closer inspection, it looks like the scalp is just... rotated in some hairs and not others. the scalp is fine when the sim is bald, but for custom hairs, it's rotated. It's also rotated for some (but not all) of the maxis hairs. For some other hairs, it's right. (The plant one is the one I actually want it to work for) I have no idea how to fix or even why it happens. Isn't there just one scalp texture for all hairs?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 7:55 PM
All hairs should use the underlying skintone's scalpt texture, but each comes with its own scalpt mesh. I imagine the later are sometime mapped differently from the bald 'hair's.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 9:04 PM
So, I imagine there's no real way to fix this then.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 9:10 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 9:35 PM
Would they help with my specific problem (putting the scalp I made, seen in the bald one, under my actual hair)? I only need it for the adult female one, this is all just for a single sim.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 11:36 PM
You'll have to make it as a recolor. If the texture covers the whole scalp, it could work for the hairs that have the bad scalp mapping. It is possible the scalp cover can work with transparency (depends on texture settings, but shouldn't be too difficult to fix).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 11:55 PM
I'll do a recolor of one of them to see how it goes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You'll have to make it as a recolor. If the texture covers the whole scalp, it could work for the hairs that have the bad scalp mapping. It is possible the scalp cover can work with transparency (depends on texture settings, but shouldn't be too difficult to fix).

So, I tried one, and it looks good in CAS and bodyshop, but there's a gap in sims I already made. I'll try doing it for other scalps! The gap also disappears sometimes.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 10:03 PM
Could be the scalps on those other hairs have some issues. I think the accessory ones really are meant more for fixing edges and/or transparency issues on older hairs that have missing or broken scalps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 1:01 AM
Yeah, I think I'll settle for this ugly gap, too tired.