Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 2:49 AM
genetic expression
how can i see the gene expression of my sims pls someone can help me
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 4:49 PM
I'm sorry, but I think the reason nobody's answered the three times you've asked this question is nobody knows.
Alchemist
#3 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leateus
how can i see the gene expression of my sims pls someone can help me

Do you mean sim's genetic makeup? If you're referring to this thread... https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=492510 ...those values, those genetic XML files are found in the gamefiles with S3PE. You cannot see your Sim's genetic makeup in the game. Only their familytree and and what they might have inherited from the simmies in it; eye, hair and skin color, and supernatural types. But there is no detailed genetic map for simmies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
Do you mean sim's genetic makeup? If you're referring to this thread... https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=492510 ...those values, those genetic XML files are found in the gamefiles with S3PE. You cannot see your Sim's genetic makeup in the game. Only their familytree and and what they might have inherited from the simmies in it; eye, hair and skin color, and supernatural types. But there is no detailed genetic map for simmies.

yes thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme

where exactly do I find my sims file to be able to see this

I already looked in gameplaydata and didn't find my sims
Alchemist
#6 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leateus
it was exactly what I was looking for, but how exactly do I see it is inherited

Since you meant those xml files, then I can't help you with those, unfortunately. Maybe someone else can help you better.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 8:46 PM
I think part of the problem here is that none of us really understand the question.

Let's say you have a game save with 20 sims in it. Are you trying to extract the genetic composition of each particular sim individually? It doesn't work like that. What a sim is and what they have (slider values, hair and eye color, skin tones, etc.) are all part of the gave save, the nhd file for the world in which they are residents in particular. They do not exist as 20 different data sets. If you take a single sim out of the game save environment by exporting them somehow and put them in another while not bringing any of their ancestors along, then they lose all genetic connections to their parents and grandparents and all you have done is transplanted the values that make up who they currently are.

That's why both parents and, when possible, all four grandparents need to be in the same world whether they are living or dead when a baby is born in order for their genetics to actually have a chance to be used. If an ancestor is not present in the context of that world and game save, then their genetics are not used because they are not available to the game at the time of birth.

Gameplay data files are part of the game's programming, they have nothing to do with particular individual sims in ongoing games. They are what govern the probabilities and formulas used to comprise a new sim when called upon, and these formulas can be changed with mods designed to step in and help manage genetics.

Or again, maybe I have misunderstood what is being asked for.
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 1:14 AM
Status doesn't give the information Leateus is looking for.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think part of the problem here is that none of us really understand the question.

Let's say you have a game save with 20 sims in it. Are you trying to extract the genetic composition of each particular sim individually? It doesn't work like that. What a sim is and what they have (slider values, hair and eye color, skin tones, etc.) are all part of the gave save, the nhd file for the world in which they are residents in particular. They do not exist as 20 different data sets. If you take a single sim out of the game save environment by exporting them somehow and put them in another while not bringing any of their ancestors along, then they lose all genetic connections to their parents and grandparents and all you have done is transplanted the values that make up who they currently are.

That's why both parents and, when possible, all four grandparents need to be in the same world whether they are living or dead when a baby is born in order for their genetics to actually have a chance to be used. If an ancestor is not present in the context of that world and game save, then their genetics are not used because they are not available to the game at the time of birth.

Gameplay data files are part of the game's programming, they have nothing to do with particular individual sims in ongoing games. They are what govern the probabilities and formulas used to comprise a new sim when called upon, and these formulas can be changed with mods designed to step in and help manage genetics.

Or again, maybe I have misunderstood what is being asked for.

Exactly I wanted to see the sliders and what was passed on from parents to their children but I don't know which file contains it or where it is
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 2:32 AM
The sim data for each sim is buried in the game save. There is no other file. What was already passed on from parents and grandparents to their offspring is lost to history after it happens, it's not recorded anywhere that I would know of.