Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 1:13 PM
Did anyone try Twallan's new ErrorTrap mod to see if that can correct the problem ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:50 PM
i can't find "error trap" i tried debug and it seemed to work.... but then after two days it stopped working
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:41 AM
Hello again

After having a million of other favorite EA glitches etc which is usually a normal procedure with all EA games I came down to the following:

(unfortunately you will loose some relationships or family trees but at least will fix the game)

re-install the game following the amazing MTS guides i.e. move all your mods, packages, downloads, saves, installed worlds etc etc etc to a safe location - anywhere else than the folder they are currently.

Uninstall the game properly and reinstall it again.

Downloads is always OK so whatever u put there its fine.
The Mods, Packages one u can check with Delphy's Dashboard - it will list u all the problems with packages so I recommend it.

after all of this enter the game and enjoy it

Dont use trainers or at least be careful as they are partially the cause for these problems as well to others - Error Code 12, 13,14,9

If u ask me do the following
In the Packages folder make the following Sub-Folders:

Objects - Tested
Hacks - Tested

Objects- Untested
Hacks - Untested

Newest Untested

and use these folders like this

thus if u get a problem u search ONLY within the these untested as the others are surely to work.

ALSO

Nraas Industries had made the Master Controller which in my personal opinion is by far the best Mod I encountered and the easiest to use - though hacked objects are more visually appealing BUT STILL a too good one to be missed and it solves almost any problem including reset sims, restore all deleted sims or missing sims, reset town - useful when someone somewhere in town has been stuck with an object or walking path.

I wish u all luck
Hope this helps you as it did to me

If i can help please feel free to post here or in PM I'd be glad to help out as I love the game and wish to be always able to play it

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#54 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 10:25 AM
Sims3packs can cause all the same issues as package files - you were just lucky that all your sims3pack files were ok.

I've had some success recovering sims with missing icons by using MasterController to make another family active, then adding the offending sims to that family. I've no idea if this would work with missing UI or actual missing sims.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#55 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:08 PM
I'm on a mac and Delpy's program is only for PCs
Field Researcher
#56 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 10:03 PM
I tried Twallan's ErrorTrap and it worked fine for me.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Wintermute : 9th Nov 2010 at 5:10 AM.
EDIT: Found the culprit, which was csmacd.package. It was a routing hack by Pescado over at MATY.

I'm beginning to think that I should have waited longer to get Late Night...

Also, I think a good question to ask would be what mods or CC were the latest downloaded before the problems began. Mine were the latest versions of Overwatch, MasterController, StoryProgression, and Awesomemod, as well as a couple of other mods already updated for LN and the latest patch.

1. Which game(s) do you have? WA, HELS, AMB, LN
2. What game version/patch level? Latest for all.
3. How many Sims are missing/invisible? Some are visible, some are not. None have gone missing.
4. Do they have an icon or not? Icons appear in relationship panels. For visible Sims, their heads appear when clicking on an object.
5. Do you have any UI issues? Aside from missing thumbnails, no. All buttons and tabs are working normally.
6. Were the Sims traveling? No.
7. How many traveling?
8. How are all travellers related?
9. Which country are the sims in?
10. How many days?
11. Did the Sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
12. Returning together or separate?

13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? Latest versions of both.
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? Twallan's Story Progression.
15. When did the issue start? The first time I created Bridgeport after putting all of my custom content back in.
16. What were your Sims doing? They haven't had a chance to do anything, because the neighborhood is fresh.
17. What things have you tried? Taking out mods, skintones, sliders, and defaults. Resetsim.
18. What worked? Taking out csmacd.package.
19. What didn't work? Resetsim.
20. Anything else you would like to add? Clicking on other Sims does not do anything, but clicking on objects shows the normal interactions. I can queue actions, but those actions are never completed. Some of the visible Sims are completely frozen. All Sims' motives are frozen. My default eyes and skintones do not appear on most of the Sims, despite there being no other defaults in my Mods folder.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 4:57 PM Last edited by Vorpal : 11th Nov 2010 at 5:47 PM.
1. Which game(s) do you have?
WA, AM, LN
2. What game version/patch level?
6.0.81.009017 (with all current patch levels for Base Game, WA, AM, and LN)
3. How many sims are missing/invisible?
Just one: a female child who I can't find anywhere, but the game insists she is still in my active household (she isn't listed on the sidebar anymore and tagging her with AwesomeMod won't find her either).
4. Do they have an icon or not?
Not on the sidebar. Her icon still exists on the family tree and relationships panel, as well as on the load-up screen.
5. Do you have any UI issues?
Yes. The UI is invisible on load-up, but hitting the spacebar to force switch characters brings it back. It will disappear again if I swap households, and that time it won't come back with the spacebar.
6. Were the sims traveling?
No. I haven't done any traveling at all on this save.
7. How many traveling?
N/A
N/A
N/A
10. How many days?
N/A
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
N/A
N/A
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod?
Yes, I'm using AwesomeMod.
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
Twallan's SP.
15. When did the issue start?
After loading up my Bridgeport save (I know there are a lot of problems with Bridgeport which all appear after about 3 sim weeks of playing. This just happens to be another issue I never encountered until now).
16. What were your sims doing?
They were where I left them. It varies in each save point and I have a feeling that the issue began quite a while back, but only truly manifested itself on load-up.
17. What things have you tried?
Removing my entire mods folder to see if some mod was the cause. I'm going to try the ErrorTrap alone and see if it helps. I'll let you know how that goes.
18. What worked?
** Good news! The ErrorTrap brought back everything as to what it was (hopefully) before! The kid is on the panel again and is actually around, sims aren't stuck, and the UI isn't bugged out! I'll give you an update if anything changes, but for right now it seems to be running as it was before the issue! (If I can make it past Week 3 it will be simply amazing.) Great job, Twallan!

Also, according to the error log, my one active sim had a buggy inventory item. I can't tell what it was, but I think it might have been a custom gun. I don't remember if she had thst pistol or not, but she does still have the sniper rifle. Gun mod is here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=402950
19. What didn't work?
Removing my mods folder made it worse, which is odd. The UI didn't respond to anything, and several sims were frozen in place and resetsim wouldn't even fix them.
20. Anything else you would like to add?
It seems all of the particular group of saves from that family have this issue, but I didn't notice until I loaded up the game to play today (I have 7 separate saves all with the issue, and they all contain the same family, so I'm assuming they're just borked). I spent a lot of time playing yesterday without closing the game, so I guess it happened sometime then. If it helps, it was Week 3, Day 5. The last issues I've had in Bridgeport all occurred in Week 3 (last two were Week 3, Day 3 and Week 3, Day 7). None of my other saves from separate games (families) have this issue.

Edit: ** See #18. Sims are back and UI isn't FUBARed anymore.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 5:28 AM
Glad to hear Error Trap fixed this issue for you, if it proves useful in correcting other's issues we may need to add it to the wiki page. Thanks for posting your results
Test Subject
#60 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 9:46 PM
All expansions and stuff packs to date. (Up to and including Late Night.)

Most recent patch as well, updated via Late Night install.

Just the one I'm playing with. Single, no family or friends along for the ride.

Their icon is missing from the control panel.

Can't open Sims information. No needs or wants are loading and no current moodlets are visible. Game also will not quit. I have to choose return to main menu without saving and then quit from there.

Yes.

7. How many traveling?
One.

NA

To France. Came back from Shang Simla a few days prior. Cut vacation short because Sim had been cursed by the mummy. Curse was rectified with meditation.

10. How many days?
Was to be...6 I think.

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over?
Can't return.

Alone.

Nope.

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story?
EA

Happened previously. I fixed it though I don't recall how I did. This time, just started.

Nothing as they won't load.

17. What things have you tried
Removed mods, deleted less important uploads (designs, clothes, etc.)

18. What worked?
So far, nothing.

19. What didn't work?
Everything.

This is irritating, but you already know that.
Test Subject
#61 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 10:43 PM
- Base, WA, HELS, Amb., FLS, LN

- Latest for all.

- Most Sims are missing. Some Sims are visible, but uncontrollable.

- They do not have an icon. All icons have disappeared.

- All UI panels and buttons are completely gone. The game appears to be stuck in map view, and no hotkeys bring back the UI. The menu is unaccessible.

- Yes. My Sim was travelling to Egypt, and the game glitched up upon the return.

7. How many traveling?
- One Sim out of a family of four were travelling.

8. How are all travelers related?
- Only one Sim was traveling.

- Egypt.

10. How many days?
- About two.

- My Sim returned home by phone prematurely.

- Only one Sim was travelling.

- I am using AwesomeMod. Removal of AwsomeMod did not take away the problem.

- I am using Awesome Story. Removal of AwsomeMod did not take away the problem.

- A few Sim days after installing Late Night. The UI glitch was accompanied by a novel writing glitch, which prevented my Sim from finishing her novel.

- One was painting, one was on the trampoline, and another was playing video games.

- Removing all mods, refreshing cache files, refreshing user files, using Twallan's Error Trap Mod (Which I'm not sure if I used correctly).

18. What worked?
- None of the above.

19. What didn't work?
- All of the above.

- My traveling Sim is a Ghost. If that makes a difference.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 5:20 PM
- Base, WA, HELS, Amb., FLS, LN

- Latest for all.

- One

- No Icon

- No, UI is fine, never have had a UI problem.

- No, he got arrested from the criminal career.

7. How many traveling?
- NA

- NA

- NA

10. How many days?
- NA

- NA

- NA

- Master Controller and Overwatcher latests version.

- No

- When the Sim left work and got into the police car.

-Leaving work and being arrested because he is a criminal.

- Resetsim, exit w/o save.

18. What worked?
- None of the above.

19. What didn't work?
- All of the above.

- Teens from non played homes also vanish if caught out after cerfew.
Inventor
#63 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 6:33 PM
@DarkAmaranth: I think your issue is different. It seems to happen to most sims that have to go to jail.

Did you try using recover missing sims on MC ?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 6:45 PM
can't because I have no playable sim so click on to get the option to recover them.
Inventor
#65 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 7:09 PM
Try the city hall (maybe the option is in Overwatch). I'm confused about what is where.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 5:50 AM
I'm having this invisible sim problem as well, and was directed to come here to post my data, so here goes.

My computer is not great (it is rather old), but it runs the game in a fairly stable fashion. It is a Dell DM061, with an NVidia GeForce 7600 LE Graphics Card and 3070MB of RAM. Often I can play for hours, even up to a day or more, without any problems -- and I have quite a bit of cc, mostly Store Content, stuff from ATS3, and some objects and lots from here -- checked for compatibility with the latest patch. In addition, all of my package files have been checked with the Dashboard regularly, as have my Simspacks with CUSTARD.

I do occasionally get some error 12s in a version of Simsville which is highly populated and with which I have been playing for weeks; I think they are the result of this neighborhood being fairly full and dense with multi-generational families and lots of couples with babies. I have only had to deal with an invisible sim once before, and that time Twallan's Debug Enabler fixed her (this was before adding the latest patch). However, with this latest problem (2 invisible sims) nothing I would do seemed to fix them.

TS3, World Adventures, HELS, Ambitions, Fast Lane, and the latest patch (Late Night is being given as a Christmas present and won't be installed until the Holidays).

The most recent patch level. All EPs and SPs are patched to the latest level, as is the base game.

2 grandmothers in a multi-generational family (made up of 2 sets of grandparents, 1 set of parents and a child); they were both only 2 sim days old -- it was a newly created family.

Yes, both icons remained visible and normal.

No. I could see all their character data, moodlets, needs, relationships, skills, job history and everything.

No

7. How many traveling?

N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?

N/A

N/A

N/A

I am using Awesomemod and Twallan's Master Controller, Story Progression, Overwatch, Register, Debug Enabler, Error Trap

Yes, Twallan's SP; I have also in the past used Awesome Story (though not in this particular Saved Game); I have never used EA's Story Progression.

2 Sim days after my new family moved into their house in Barnacle Bay

Both Grandmothers had gone to work (one in the Culinary Career and one in the Symphonic Music Career) and then both had gone to the Stadium to take an Athletic Class -- this was in Barnacle Bay, by the way -- and when they came out of the Stadium, they were both invisible (they had however both still been visible, in their work clothes, after emerging from their job rabbitholes).

I tried all the various mods that I have. I started by using Twallan's fix invisible sims option in Debug Enabler -- no effect. I tried his reset Lot, which I have found in the past worked with really stubborn problems -- again, no effect; I tried reset Sim, but that also had no effect. Finally, I tried awesomemod's fixall and reset World, but they had no effect either. Finally, I quit without saving.

I can't really test this particular save against my CC (ie. by removing parts etc) because I didn't save after I couldn't restore my invisible sims.

However, I am fairly confident of my CC since I am extremely careful both with package and Sims3pack files, and have usually tested them before adding them to my game. I also make sure that all my hacks (of which I do not have many) are the most recent, supported versions. I regularly run Process Monitor as well. I constantly use Delphy's Dashboard Tool to check for corrupt or conflicting files both before and after I put the package files in my game on a permanent basis; I also never install a Sims3Pack without running it through Custard. I have even been known to use the Blue Lot Fixer to check certain files (although I know it is largely superseded by the Dashboard Tool).

18. What worked?

Nothing.

19. What didn't work?

Everything I tried.

20. Anything else you would like to add?[/pre]

In case this is relevant, one of the grandfathers had just rolled a want to buy a hot tub before the grandmothers' bout of invisibility; this is of course impossible for me since I do not have LN yet installed; I deleted this want rather than clicking on it. The next thing that happened was that my invisible grandmothers emerged from the Stadium.
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 4:19 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have? Base, WA, AMB, LN
2. What game version/patch level? 6.0.81.009001
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? none missing
4. Do they have an icon or not? NO Icons
5. Do you have any UI issues? UI doesnt open, no sim icons, CAS has no drop downs
6. Were the sims traveling? No

13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? AWESOME!!
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? Twallan Story Progression
15. When did the issue start? I went into build mode, the game crashed a few times, I finally built what I was building, icons have been gone since then.
16. What were your sims doing? Standing, walking, going to school,

Gotten rid of recent CC, Change to a different household and back, Twallans ErrorTrap,

18. What worked?

Twallans Error Thing brought back the side icons, however only for 4 members of the family. The last member has disappeared.
EDIT: Upon edit town change household -> pick same household. All members are back as are icons.

19. What didn't work? Changing households did nothing. When I switched back the icons would remain from the other household, if the icons showed up at all.
It seems to be working now. Now I just have to find out hwo to stop CAS from crashing,.....
Test Subject
#68 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 1:08 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have? SIMS 3, WORLD ADVENTURES, AMBITIONS
2. What game version/patch level? 4.5.6
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? N/A - STUCK IN MAP VIEW
4. Do they have an icon or not? N/A - STUCK IN MAP VIEW
5. Do you have any UI issues? YES - NO USER INTERFACE AT ALL - STUCK IN MAP VIEW CAN ZOOM IN AND OUT - THATS ALL
6. Were the sims traveling? NO
7. How many traveling? N/A
8. How are all travellers related? N/A
9. Which country are the sims in? N/A
10. How many days? N/A
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? N/A
12. Returning together or separate? N/A
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? SUPERCOMPUTER
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? NO
15. When did the issue start? MAYBE PATCH VERSON OR TWO BEFORE THIS PRESENT ONE? NOT SURE
16. What were your sims doing? CHANGING HOUSEHOLD FROM EDIT TOWN
17. What things have you tried NOTHING AS YET
18. What worked? N/A
19. What didn't work? N/A
20. Anything else you would like to add?[/pre] YES - PLEASE HELP!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:56 PM
Default UI Disappeared
I created an account so I could register the problem I'm having. Hope this helps!
Note: this problem is localized to one file.

-Base, WA, and Amb.

-One sim is invisible.

-If by icon you mean the "plumbob", then only one sim (the invisible one) is missing his icon.

-Yes! The UI is missing entirely. Hitting TAB, ESC, or F10/F11 does not fix it.

-Yes. Three Sims travelled to China.

7. How many traveling?
-Three. An elder, and two young adults.

-Aunt --> nephew --> sister-in-law.

-Shang Simla/ China.

10. How many days?
-One week, I believe.

-Prematurely.

-Together.

-Neither.

-EA Story Progression.

-June 6th, 2010. It occurred when the game was resumed, after another user finished playing their seperate file.

-Four were sleeping, and one was watching TV.

-Removing CC; deleting cache files; removing all User Files; complete re-installation (including Sims 3) and re-patching up to 4.6.; striking TAB, Esc., and F10/F11 (forget which).

18. What worked?
-Nothing has worked.

19. What didn't work?
-Everthing failed. However, I was unable to give Twallan's Error Trap a proper chance. Despite downloading several other programmes, I was never able to open up the document.

-There may have been a couple omninous signs leading up to the UI problem. In the main menu the picture of the property disappeared, and the extensive family tree was inaccessible. However, these may be just coincidences. In any case, the file is very large; it's the only family I've played since release. Finally, is it reasonable to believe EA will fix this problem? I've had this UI problem since June, and my opinion of EA is less than favourable.

I hope this informations improves our collective understanding of this problem.
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 5:21 AM
. Which game(s) do you have?
- Main, WA, HELS, Amb., FLS, LN

- Latest.

- Varies. Once it was only one sim missing, another time two, next time all mixologists and bouncers simply evaporated.

- Usually: yes.

- After sims have dissapeared (or frozen once or twice) usually it's the next thing that happens. Also, the game often begins to lag terribly, up to the point that the only thing I can do is to reset entire PC.

- Yes. I was in France and came back and that's where problems have started (though I've also downloaded and installed new content before that; the one from the official store).

7. How many traveling?
- One.

Just one travel with one sim.

- France.

10. How many days?
- Three or four.

- My Sim returned home by phone.

- Only one Sim was travelling.

- Nope..

- I switch EA Story Progression on and off, although lately it was mostly off.

- About a day after installing LN.

- First time: my sim was about to finish a bubble bath and then suddenly went invisible. Tried it again - same thing (followed by the lagging thing, missing UI and other issues). Second time was really troublesome and occurred after the window came, announcing that I've completed a Super Friendly challenge - my sim (or two) either went invisible or got frozen. Another time I tried enter the club and a minute or so after entering the building (of any club) all bouncers and mixologists have not just gone invisible, but disappeared all together.

- Removing mods, different saves, re-installing all of the game

18. What worked?
- Well... hard to say. What I noticed is that my saves must've become corrupted some time before the missing/other errors occur, so sometimes even saves that seemingly haven't yet gone bad are ones that sadly have to go too.
Although lately I manage to save most, if not all, game progression - but it requires some time, some experimenting and patience.

Out of curiosity, I've been trying to repeat same things I've been doing when the trouble started and it was really weird, but each and every one of them have ended the same during one particular scenario - so no matter what more or less random things are causing each particular problem, it ends the same after the save goes corrupted.

What I've tried and what SEEMS to work is to open files that have been saved before the disappearing occurs and, by any means, avoid what I've been doing that has led to the disappearance.

I can't continue the game as I know that it's bad already and often same or different problems will begin to occur shortly after I continue playing so - instead I go to Edit Town and save the household.

It isn't just to "rescue" what I can from the error or to upload them in place of sims that gone bad - doing so also resets all sim interactions in town, which appears to be a good thing.

Usually then I change active households and try to repeat actions/interactions with them that have led to troubles while playing my proper sims - and if things appear to be working right then the game usually is back on proper track.... up until next problems, of course, as they always occur again, usually after playing long and exhausting my computer.

19. What didn't work?
- Trying to play or fix things after sims have disappeared. If things start to go off, usually there's very little I can do and somehow I don't want to mess with more complicated mods (I have a few, but not of the core mod kind)

- It is a bother, but I also save often and save FRESH files (not overwriting files over and over again, but creating new files under different names).
Not only I'm not losing as much progress if the error occurred (also to the backup file), but also it seems to me that - at least in my case - constant overwriting might be one of causes of the whole mess.
Test Subject
#71 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 12:29 AM

World Adventures
Ambitions
Late Night

Game Update for 1.18/2.13/3.9/4.6/5.4/6.1

Three

There picture is sill there, but when I click on things their picture doesn’t pop up.

Not that I know of, no.

No, only coming back from work and completing an opportunity.

7. How many traveling?
N/A

N/A

N/A

10. How many days?
N/A

N/A

N/A

None

Just EA

Today 12/14/2010

Gardening
Coming from the theater
Playing the xylophone

I couldn’t find anything to fix it.

18. What worked?
N/A

19. What didn't work?
N/A

They’re vampire sims that went invisible.
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 9:43 PM Last edited by pollypickle : 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: I fixed the issue!
******EDIT: I fixed the missing Sim icons issue by restoring a saved game backup decribed here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ng_Backup_Saves

1. Which game(s) do you have? TS3 + WA

2. What game version/patch level? both patched through EADM. WA 2.13.6

3. How many sims are missing/invisible? all 3 of them

4. Do they have an icon or not? no icons

5. Do you have any UI issues? their simoleons say 0, I can't select anything on the user interface.

6. Were the sims traveling? Yes.

7. How many traveling? 3

8. How are all travellers related? Parents and an adult child

9. Which country are the sims in? China

10. How many days? They were on day 17 of a 17 day trip when the icons disappeared. I'm not sure if AwesomeMod affected it but I had Supreme Commander running on one of the Sims when midnight approached on the last day of their trip. Instead of returning home when I clicked OK on the "The Trip is Over!" dialogue box, they stayed in China! I did not save the game, exited and reloaded and that is when all the icons were gone and the UI unavailable.

11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? They haven't been able to get home, they are trapped in China and I can't even make them do anything.

13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? AwesomeMod

14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? None of the above.

15. When did the issue start? I'm not sure if AwesomeMod affected it but I had Supreme Commander running on one of the Sims when midnight approached on the last day of their trip. Instead of returning home when I clicked OK on the "The Trip is Over!" dialogue box, they stayed in China! I did not save the game, exited and reloaded and that is when all the icons were gone and the UI unavailable.

16. What were your sims doing? Two were fishing and one was running around collecting rocks and gems.

17. What things have you tried? I tried deleting the 4 cache files in the My Documents/Electronic Arts directory, I tried loading without custom content, I tried removing AwesomeMod and running, I tried allowing the game to regenerate the Sims 3 folder on it's own and then replacing only the Saved Games folder. None of this has worked.

18. What worked? Restoring a saved backup as described here worked: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ng_Backup_Saves

19. What didn't work?

20. Anything else you would like to add? I was getting bored with that family anyway so I guess this is a message from the universe to start over....But we just started growing cheese plants!
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:17 PM
Base Game, WA, AMB, LN

varying. They often disappear after or during work/school, get stuck at their work location or school and either stay stuck or become invisible after resetting. Sometimes they work fine again after several resets, but most of the time they don't, or only some of them do.

Yes, but sometimes the game marks icons of two sims (the frame of two icons is white). I'm not sure how to explain this, but after resetting a sim it sometimes happens that I can't use that sim; when I click on his icon, nothing happens, and when I click on another sims icon, the first sims icon stays 'white-framed', while the second sim's icon also gets that white frame indicating I've selected him. The second sims motives are displayed, but not the first sim's.

Yes. I had reset a frozen sim using 'resetsim'. This sim turned invisible when I wanted him to continue the action that had caused him to get stuck. When I used resetsim again (twice, because the first time she stayed invisible) the sim appeared again, but the UI had disappered (Strangely, the UI appears for a moment when i press 'F2' or 'F3')

They had returned from China about 2 sim-days ago.

7. How many traveling?

married

China

10. How many days?

Prematurely, because they couldn't visit locations any more; they went to the locations sent to, but respawned in the 'hotel' they were staying at just before entering any of the locations. Also, I had used resetsim earlier, because one sim had gotten stuck in a wall for some reason, and only when I typed it in about the fifth time, it worked. The first time I wanted them to return via phone it didn't work.

together

no

no
(only Overwatch, not sure if that's relevant)

-Sims getting stuck/disappearing: About a week ago, but resetsim worked fine at first.
- UI disappeared: today

- invisible/stuck: shortly before they return from work/school or just randomly (they get stuck at the entrance to their workplace/school and it says they are missing work/school)
- UI disappeared: 4 sims were at school, 1 at work, 2 at home. One of the sims at home got stuck when writing a book, became invisible when I tried to reset him, then became visible when I reset again, but the UI disappeared.

using resetsim a lot... having my family move to another house, beginning a new save file with the same family.

18. What worked?
starting a new game with the same family worked fine for about 2 sim-days, but sims started getting stuck/invisible before travelling already. Resetsim worked at times, but the longer I play, the more often I have to type it in for it to work.

19. What didn't work?
having my family move to another house

Sometimes it starts with one sim getting stuck, while all others are fine, but as soon as I reset the stuck sim, another one gets stuck or becomes invisible. Sometimes I have to reset every sim in my family several times. At times resetting causes them to get stuck in each other, and when I make them walk away they walk a few steps and then reappear in the previos position.
I'm thinking about removing the Overwatch-Mod, but I don't think it will help. Even if the sims stop getting stuck/invisible, the game would probably begin to lag again.
I updated my game a few days ago, and since then the bugs seem to have become only worse. I had to try several times to even update successfully!
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 3:46 AM
1. Which game(s) do you have? All of them - WA, HELS, AMB, FL, and LN.
2. What game version/patch level? 1.18.9/2.13.6/3.9.6/4.6.6/5.4.4/6.1.11
3. How many sims are missing/invisible? Two.
4. Do they have an icon or not? Not in the UI, but they do in the relationship panels.
5. Do you have any UI issues? Other than them missing, no.
6. Were the sims traveling? No.
7. How many traveling? N/A.
8. How are all travelers related? N/A
9. Which country are the sims in? N/A
10. How many days? N/A
11. Did the sim(s) return via the phone prematurely or only when the vacation was over? N/A
12. Returning together or separate? N/A
13. Are you using SuperComputer or AwesomeMod? Twallan's MasterController and AwesomeMod.
14. Are you using EA Story Progression, Twallan's Story Progression, or Awesome Story? Twallan's Story Progression.
15. When did the issue start? Just about an hour ago.
16. What were your sims doing? Traveling home from the hospital.
17. What things have you tried? I tried using the MasterController to add them to the family, AwesomeMod's "Select [Sim Name]" cheat, and calling them. I also tried resetSim.
18. What worked? Nothing. They didn't appear on any of the menus (although in Twallan's MasterController they were counted on the selection screens but didn't appear), and the select cheat did nothing. resetSim didn't do anything either.
19. What didn't work? See above.
20. Anything else you would like to add? There were four people coming home from the hospital, Richie and Stella Striker (from Bridgeport), and their twins, Cooper and Chole. Richie and Chole vanished (he was holding her), but Stella and Cooper didn't. Also, I had Richie selected right before he vanished. In his action queue, right after the "Go Home" action was "HIDDEN: Get Out". Then it suddenly had controlling Stella, and she and Cooper just appeared in the house.
Test Subject
#75 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 9:27 PM
Base Game, World Adventures, Late Night, Design & High Tec Stuff and Fast Lane Stuff
No icon
Yes UI Missing
Yes
7. How many traveling?
Couple
China
10. How many days?
Early via phone
Together
No
No
when they arrived in china
Just arrived in china
Everything suggested on this site
18. What worked?
Nothing
19. What didn't work?
Everthing