Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Height Slider

by GODJUL1 Posted 18th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2021 at 12:03 PM by GODJUL1

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 181 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Scholar
#26 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:08 PM
Oops! What a surprice. I have used your mod as first published in Creators Feedback. Before that I used the original by Simmythesims and also his attempts for a new one that never turned up.

Thanks and "God Fortsättning!"

To other users:
Don't expect something else than that height is changed. A long and a short sim will not match exactly in all situations. Portraits will also change and reflects the height of the sim. That is a feature if you like to match heights of a couple. Don't make too tall/short sims as it will be hard to identfy them on the portraits.The height is genetical so the offspring of tall sims will have tall children.

It would be great if someone could make a scale in CAS to make it easier to set the height.
Scholar
#27 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 11:53 PM
HoHoHo it works but needs to be adapted for toddlers. To carry a toddler is quite funny.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
HoHoHo it works but needs to be adapted for toddlers. To carry a toddler is quite funny.

keeping up with you with a lot of these mods morphar lol

so replace this one with simmys?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:36 AM
Love it!!!! Thank you so much this :)
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 9:10 AM
So after loading this mod in successfully, I decided to remove it so all my sims are the same height again. However, the Sim icons and family portraits are still messed up, and I wasn't able to revert my save back to before I implemented the mod. Any tips on how I could fix those, or am I stuck with it for good?
Scholar
#31 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LinkPlayer
So after loading this mod in successfully, I decided to remove it so all my sims are the same height again. However, the Sim icons and family portraits are still messed up, and I wasn't able to revert my save back to before I implemented the mod. Any tips on how I could fix those, or am I stuck with it for good?

Remove the file localthumbcache.package in The Sims 4 folder. It will be replaced with a new when you restart the game. In that .package-file there are cached portraits. The portraits will be replaced anyway if you play a while and switch between housholds.
Scholar
#32 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BabiHunni
keeping up with you with a lot of these mods morphar lol

so replace this one with simmys?

Well, I think none of the existing mods was prepared for toddlers. Hopefully GODJUL1 can fix it. Toddler age is so short so I can live with that.
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 12:45 PM
Remove the file localthumbcache.package in The Sims 4 folder. It will be replaced with a new when you restart the game. In that .package-file there are cached portraits. The portraits will be replaced anyway if you play a while and switch between housholds.

That did it, thank you very much!
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:18 PM
It's nice that you shared a new version, shame there isn't a cheat command option, I prefer typing in the height code I want, than messing around with dragging feet. :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 4:44 PM
Now we just need the bulge slider and I'll be happy. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:35 PM
version 1 works like perfection thank you so much for this great update to a mod!
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:55 PM
awesome mod dude, only problem that it's making my game super laggie
Scholar
#38 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jazzyfries
awesome mod dude, only problem that it's making my game super laggie

I have not noticed any lagg at all.
Check if all your other mods are updated for toddlers.
Test with only this mod alone and add other mods afterwards to see what make the lag..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 2:51 AM
This is awesome! Thank you!

Sorry to bother, but would another simmer be able to take in-game photos to showcase the mod in action? Maybe CAS, or Sims hugging or something. I'm sorry.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 2:19 PM
Tried this and abandoned it. When it's in the game, even if you don't use it it causes weird animations with toddlers and a last exception file. I put it in my mods folder and opened a family I had played with before it was in the folder. As soon as they picked up their toddler there were animation errors and I hadn't even altered their height. I removed it and deleted my cache files and played again and everything was back to normal.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:08 PM
I tried this mod but it makes my Sims distorted and animation looks too weird. I removed the mod and deleted my cache file and everything looks normal. I would love to use this mod, especially for my teens, but think it needs to be updated for the Toddlers patch.
Scholar
#42 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K ell z
It's nice that you shared a new version, shame there isn't a cheat command option, I prefer typing in the height code I want, than messing around with dragging feet. :P

I agree, I am still using the old mod, plus it includes children. But I am very grateful for this modder for picking up the project. If the other stops working then at least I have this one. As I understand it, with this one I have to choose either teens or adults not both.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
I agree, I am still using the old mod, plus it includes children. But I am very grateful for this modder for picking up the project. If the other stops working then at least I have this one. As I understand it, with this one I have to choose either teens or adults not both.

Nope. If you choose the file WITHOUT teens in the name then it only works on adults. If you choose the file WITH teens in the name then it works on both.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#44 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:52 PM
I have not noticed any lagg at all.
Check if all your other mods are updated for toddlers.
Test with only this mod alone and add other mods afterwards to see what make the lag..

I'm thinking ts the some of the animation errors that messing with it, it took off the mod and it ran fine.
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:58 PM
also, the animation with the toddlers is beyond creepy
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NikNak513
Now we just need the bulge slider and I'll be happy. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yup yup lol
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:02 AM
wait. so does this only work for adults and teens? I'd mainly want to use it on toddlers to teens so siblings can be different heights.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:10 PM
This mod is almost perfect! I would love to have it in my game, I just really hope you update it for the toddler patch and fix it so tall/short sims have a normal picture so they can be recognized. (Idk how to explain it.)
Scholar
#49 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RIPQuxxn
This mod is almost perfect! I would love to have it in my game, I just really hope you update it for the toddler patch and fix it so tall/short sims have a normal picture so they can be recognized. (Idk how to explain it.)

Agree on the toddler issue but not that with portraits.
Sims with extreme difference in hights will not match very well when hugging and kissing etc.. So when you match sims for marriage/pregnancy you must check their heights. That is very easily done if it is shown on the portraits.
Any other solution for that?

Also I think that the "camera" is fixed and is probably in CAS and can not be modded. If it could be zoomed out, normal height sims will be very small.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 9:58 AM
It´s a great mod but in my game do not work very well because of the lag. Sims simply stop of doing things or takes to long for them doing things. Much annoying...
And also because of the sims distortion when they pick up a toddler. Please fix this
Page 2 of 10