Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 3:59 AM
I had one interesting thing happen to me when I booted up Sims this afternoon: I found my Build-a-City founder sitting on the settee surrounded (and I MEAN surrounded) by bagfuls of money!! When she (I!) added it up it came to ยง60,000!

The last thing that happened was she'd returned home from her little grocery store business after receiving a positive review and the "Best of the Best" award.
Not that I'm complaining - the house got a makeover (2nd storey added, new bedrooms for the children and a snazzy yellow kitchen) along with the vegetable garden! The business also did well out of it by getting an orchard planted behind the shop.

My little Plantsim founder is going to have her work cut out until her daughter earns the Gold Gardening Badge!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 9:46 PM
Strange thing: I was playing Ashley Pitts (frat brother). His starting GPA was 2.4 and he was a sophomore. I had him do a term paper and go to class and catch up on skills...and his GPA shot up to 4.0. Huh.

No, I don't have my Sims join secret societies, either. :P
Field Researcher
#103 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:57 AM
I can't believe I forgot to post this but on two different lots, every day around 9pmthe grocery delivery guy would show up, hang out in the yard for hours and be unselectable. The funny thing is that he would eventually go sit in an arm chair in the master bedroom while the husband and wife were sleeping. And stay there until I deleted him.
Test Subject
#104 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 11:10 AM
One of my families dogs had puppies. However a neighbor came over to talk to the owners. Picked up one of the puppies and walked off. I was freaking out and I kept getting warnings about how she was starving. Three days later ( with the help of maxmotives to keep her alive) she just trotted onto the lot and acted like nothing happened.

I also had a family where the woman would never marry and sleep with any man she could befriend in the hopes of getting a daughter. Of course this lifestyle had devastating results on her six sons - or well 5 of them. While the rest of the kids stood crying endlessly when Jeda would bring home a new man, Captain Oblivious Christian would hug the new comer and walk off to play the piano. So while everyone hated Jeda Christian adored her. Poor Christian he drowned a few days ago -smirk-. We needed room for his pretty brother's baby.
Instructor
#105 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 10:18 AM
This wasn't the strangest thing that ever happened to me, but a few days ago I was randomly playing my household with two adults and a child, when I heard a weird noise. It sounded like a child or toddler screaming, so I checked to see if the child was okay, and she was perfectly happily playing with her little hamster thingy!
So, I searched around the house and eventually found the repairman standing in the shower, screaming and bashing the inside of the shower with his screwdriver! I was like: "I'm paying $50 an hour for you to stand there screaming and shouting?!"
Test Subject
#106 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 9:44 PM
decided I wanted to make a rather troubled teen orphan Sim, so I played my Finnish family and using cheats made the father, mother, and brother all die of disease simultaneously.
The Sim I wanted to live, Eikki, of course started freaking out and going into hysterics. But then, he randomly stops crying and goes to watch T.V. Like it wasn't a big deal his entire family had just dropped dead. xD
Even as the Grim Reaper appeared, he continued watching television!

Those heartless teenage boys....
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 7:11 PM
When I resurrected people in Olive Specter's graveyard, the resurrected Luc Smith spoke with Ophelia Nigmos and... it looked as if Ophelia performed oral sex on Luc o___O I guess it's because Luc's just buggy.
Forum Resident
#108 Old 12th May 2010 at 4:51 AM
My Sim got invited to a group outing by one of his friends - I was hoping to help him achieve his want of making her a best friend that night. The whole group piles out of the taxi and his friend and several others from the group just walk down the sidewalk until they disappear - - leaving him with like two people from the group to hang out with....

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 15th May 2010 at 8:06 AM
Default Very Strange!
I once had a problem with my Addams family being stuck. The tv was going, etc, but the Sims all were frozen in place. Later, I went back in to test a theory, and my view was still toward Wednesday's back, but her head was FACING me! She was staring at me (like she was saying "get a move on and fix this"!) Sometimes my simmies turn & look at me, but this was wild!
(I later found the CC that caused the freeze, and deleted it)
Field Researcher
#110 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:01 PM
Ooh, I just remembered - I have to go back and play the lot I left off when I had to go take care of my parents for two weeks. . .the teen snuck out, and never came back! She's getting in trouble for missing school, all her needs are in the red, and nobody seems to notice that she's gone! She's shown up on public lots and as a visitor on home lots, but I had completely forgotten that she's MIA at home!
Inventor
#111 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amtram
Ooh, I just remembered - I have to go back and play the lot I left off when I had to go take care of my parents for two weeks. . .the teen snuck out, and never came back! She's getting in trouble for missing school, all her needs are in the red, and nobody seems to notice that she's gone! She's shown up on public lots and as a visitor on home lots, but I had completely forgotten that she's MIA at home!

Can't you try to use the FFS Lot Debugger on the family lot to try and retrieve her back (use the Retrieve Missing Sims option). Or put a teleporter on the lot and try to get her teleported back. That sounds weird what's happening with her in your game.

Anyway I suppose the weirdest thing that happened to me was in my early simming days. I created my self-sim on two separate occasions and they and their partners/kids apparently disappeared into a black hole never to be seen again. (It could have been that in all my ignorance I was messing around with hoods - actually I'm pretty certain it was because of that).
Test Subject
#112 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:19 PM
My friend and I made a family with us, our husbands, and each of us had a few kids. One day we decided to make ourselves go shopping, and our sims got in the car and left. We waited for about 3 in game hours watching our husbands take care of the kids and all the sudden realized that the game wasnt gonna take us to the community lot. Even after about 4 or 5 in game days, our sims still hadnt come back. We eventually just exited the lot without saving.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 5:58 PM
One of my sim families was throwing a wedding party at their house, and right at the exact time that the party started, the gardener's truck showed up. I saw the gardener get out, take a few steps away from the truck, and watched as another gardener got out of the truck - and another, and another and another. Eventually there was like fifty of them, lined up in the street outside the house, as if they were an army planning to invade - but rather than tend to the plants, some of them went inside and helped themselves to the buffet table. Because there were so many sims on the lot, my game ended up freezing so I had to start over without saving. I have no idea why the entire gardening taskforce showed up at my sims wedding, but it was certainly interesting! (and I'm not sure how that many sims could really fit inside a pickup truck... but that's beside the point)

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:01 PM
Oh i almost forgot. The time the mail lady was there to put the mail in the mail box but for some reason she just kept trying with out sucess. She was trying to put the mail in their mail box for an entire simday. If anything she was determined!
Inventor
#115 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TatianaEstelle
One of my sim families was throwing a wedding party at their house, and right at the exact time that the party started, the gardener's truck showed up. I saw the gardener get out, take a few steps away from the truck, and watched as another gardener got out of the truck - and another, and another and another.

That happened to me once too. Had about 15 of them wandering all over the place.

Did you have any vehicle blocking the gardener's van route Tatiana? I had the maid's van blocking it which I think was what caused this mini-invasion.
Forum Resident
#116 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:19 AM Last edited by zauberlinda12 : 29th Jun 2010 at 3:56 AM.
This was kind of creepy, scary: My sim family - Ophelia Nigmos, Johnny and their toddler were all asleep for the night when the creepy burglar music comes on. Normally the burglar goes to the most expensive object in the house and tries to take off with it before the cops get there. Well in this case he walked right into the nursery, peered into the crib and gave a diabolical laugh while wringing his hands. I actually froze in place terrified that he was going to take their baby. But the burglar alarm took care of that... the cops arrived, fighting ensued and he was taken away.

I still shudder at the thought of him stealing the baby!

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
That happened to me once too. Had about 15 of them wandering all over the place.

Did you have any vehicle blocking the gardener's van route Tatiana? I had the maid's van blocking it which I think was what caused this mini-invasion.

Maybe... well actually I can't remember, but I'd say probably...

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Test Subject
#118 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:33 PM
Alright so my sim's youngest son along with his sister and brother were throwing an anniversary party for their parents. He invited his best friend, that Trevor guy. They were all in the hot tub for a couple hours and their thermometer was all the way red so I made them get out. All the sudden his best friend CATCHES FIRE. No joke. He dies but my youngest sim brought him back to life by begging the grim reaper, but then HE catches fire. So I'm like wtf. He dies then his girlfriend revives him.

It was seriously a WTF moment(s)
Mad Poster
#119 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 11:45 PM
What's strange is that Sims passing by will wave at their Sentry Bot and llamas and cheerleaders will perform their cheers for it.

I wonder if it's sentient somehow....
Field Researcher
#120 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 4:55 PM
Non-autonomous: last night, I had me a fourteen-piece chorus doing the Sea Chantey.
I was going to upload it to YouTube ('cos it sounds awesome in fourteen-part harmony) but my internet sucks.

It took a lot of work but it was so awesome and worth it.
It was my growing legacy plus the legacy founder's live-ins all under one roof. :D

Autonomous...everyone just like kept giving hugs to everyone. Including people they never met. (Something about the pie menu has DEBUG -- Super duper hug)
It's something about the house, because when they went to their business, no issues. I might move them into a different one soon since I want them to adopt a couple of kids. x3
Mad Poster
#121 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:40 AM
I have an Elder Sim whose wife, Adora, just died. Right after their granddaughter became a toddler. Oh, and the little message appeared "Booyeah! This has been an amazing week!" or something like that. (His Lifetime Aspiration was permaplat, but still it was strange.)

Then someone Adora knew called and I saw the message, "Adora isn't home? I'll call back later."

Don't hold your breath, buddy....
Field Researcher
#122 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 3:14 PM
Default funny moments on the sims....
what was the funniest thing that ever happened to you when you played the sims 2? for me it was this: there was ghost roaming my lot. it appeared to my male sim who peed on the ground as soon as he saw it. what are some funny things that happened to you guys?
Inventor
#123 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 3:26 PM
I sent newlyweds Gabe O'Mackey and Patricia Wan on their honeymoon to the beach destination where they immediately consummated their marriage which resulted in pregnancy, so with her needs now dropping like crazy, they go to dinner at the hotel restaurant where their server dropped the food on them, not once, not even twice but three times in a row!

They finally got their food and this scumbag comes out of nowhere and snatches Gabe's plate.

I'd had enough at this point and determined to let Gabe eat without waiting on yet another meal, I had him attack the guy and to my surprise, with no body skill at all, Gabe actually won the fight and was able to eat his food in peace, finally. Meanwhile, Patricia had passed out in her food because her energy bar dropped all the way down while she was waiting through 3 servings of food being dropped on her.

kittens!
Alchemist
#124 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 8:39 PM
Whenever I try to interact with Mrs. Crumplebottom, she comes to my sim and hits him with her purse. That's one big WOAH!? what's wrong with the old goat!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#125 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:47 PM
My Alice and Tarrant sims (No need to bash on me for supporting that pairing, I base my love for that couple from the original script), I had a small wedding for them in their front yard and only had their closest friend come, Mirana-the White Queen, and when it was time for their wedding party to end when the shuttle to take Alice and Tarrant to their week-long honeymoon, Mirana was dancing, and seven sim days later, they came back home, and Mirana was still there dancing, and I was ready to facepalm myself.

I have no idea what to put here sooo:
lalalalalaladkhefkjhefjkhsfklalalalalalala XD
Page 5 of 58