Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 2:21 AM
Default Unable to import via GMDC
Hello. Todays special is that I am now unable to import .obj objects via the GMDC. I select replace and nothing shows cause there is no importable mesh groups suddenly. Which infact there are. Help is appreciated. Thank you.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 3:06 PM
Make sure you've actually exported an OBJ group from whatever program you're using to mesh in, and that you're using this to import. Milkshape usually exports properly, but if you're using Blender you need to use the proper settings.

If you want GMDC import (CAS items or other things with skeletons, or exported as Unimesh from Milkshape, usually appears as a a ".simpe" file), you have to right-click the GMDC resource and choose "replace".

Also make sure "advanced mode" is on in the Preferences.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 5:14 PM Last edited by RainMilk : 16th Apr 2020 at 5:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Make sure you've actually exported an OBJ group from whatever program you're using to mesh in, and that you're using this to import. Milkshape usually exports properly, but if you're using Blender you need to use the proper settings.

If you want GMDC import (CAS items or other things with skeletons, or exported as Unimesh from Milkshape, usually appears as a a ".simpe" file), you have to right-click the GMDC resource and choose "replace".

Also make sure "advanced mode" is on in the Preferences.

Yes. its a .obj file. Replace, Add, rename and update all don't work. I even reinstalled simPE.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 5:29 PM
Try to import the OBJ file to Milkshape and see if there is an actual mesh in it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Try to import the OBJ file to Milkshape and see if there is an actual mesh in it.

OMG. How did that happen? I dunno but thank you so much. There wasn't a mesh there, but I re-exported and it works!