Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 975 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 5:22 PM
Default How do I disable PMs when somebody mentions me?
I can already see the mentions via https://modthesims.info/mentions/, but it keeps sending me PMs and I don't have much room to spare in my PM box.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Usually hanging out in Sim Crafters these days. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 5:22 PM
Can we please have the option of removing mentions back?  I have 3 of them, from 2 months ago.  It isn't a space issue; its a OCD problem.  I like having a clear / clean inbox.

Screenshots

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 1:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Can we please have the option of removing mentions back?  I have 3 of them, from 2 months ago.  It isn't a space issue; its a OCD problem.  I like having a clear / clean inbox.



Just need to open the notifications, all of them will disappear after that.

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends calls me in that way.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 2:27 AM
I guess I'm missing something or maybe it is a browser issue; I don't know.

I click the red button for PMs, that one disappears when I click on it.  The mentions or blue button takes me to mentions when I click on it, but they don't clear like they are supposed to.  I have one PM sitting in my inbox, I've deleted all the things that need to be deleted, gone through all of my settings... I'm at a loss.

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Site Helper
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 7:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I guess I'm missing something or maybe it is a browser issue; I don't know.

I click the red button for PMs, that one disappears when I click on it.  The mentions or blue button takes me to mentions when I click on it, but they don't clear like they are supposed to.  I have one PM sitting in my inbox, I've deleted all the things that need to be deleted, gone through all of my settings... I'm at a loss.



I think you have to click on each of the threads in your specific mention section in order for them to clear from your notifications. Hope this helps you.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 10:26 AM
Mentions are not the same as PMs.  Deleting a PM will not delete the mention notification, because the mention references the post directly.  The PM is giving you details *about* the post.

The simple solution is to just click on the mentions in the mention list.  Ultimately, I'll actually be removing the PM you get for a mention and have it only in the mentions list, which should make things a bit easier.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 3:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fascisthater
I think you have to click on each of the threads in your specific mention section in order for them to clear from your notifications. Hope this helps you.



Quote:
Originally posted by Tashiketh
Mentions are not the same as PMs.  Deleting a PM will not delete the mention notification, because the mention references the post directly.  The PM is giving you details *about* the post.

The simple solution is to just click on the mentions in the mention list.  Ultimately, I'll actually be removing the PM you get for a mention and have it only in the mentions list, which should make things a bit easier.


Thanks to both of you. Clicking the threads cleared them out.

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Site Helper
#8 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 12:59 AM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Back to top