Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Design Kit (Version 1.10, updated 01-08)

by Fat D Posted 24th Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2007 at 12:03 PM by Fat D : Updated

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#76 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:47 PM
Thanks...what are the fatd-designkit-1.10-updatefrom1.00.zip and 1.10-updatefrom1.02.zip and 1.10-updatefrom1.03.zip for? Do I need/want those as well??

Twirly
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#77 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 3:33 PM
they are only for updating existing installations.
Test Subject
#78 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 11:39 PM
thank you! this is so useful!
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 7:13 PM
I love this set, but with Apartment Live the colors do not function anymore, they are blinking blue. Somebody knows why?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#80 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Fat D : 25th Oct 2008 at 4:38 PM.
are you sure it is not just an improper installation? you need to download a color options pack, and having the white one is necessary for decent operation.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 7:37 AM
i'm sorry, but you need to start from scratch with your description and pics.

the description is filled with a lot of unnecessary chatter that makes an already vague, convoluted description even more confusing. you say you've included "many items" numerous times. what exactly are those items? i have no idea what i'm getting and the location of the pics (as thumbnails) don't help much either. there should be pics in the body of the description detailing the separate pieces, so people know EXACTLY what they're getting, and can make an informed decision on what they want or don't want. the creative pic (with recolors or whatever) showing the different ways it can be used should be the only thumbnail screenshot. i'm anal about my downloads and i don't want to add stuff to my download folder that i won't use.

what are "wall-side boards," "wall boards" "wall doors" and "legacies???"
are these items half-walls, fences or a mixture of both?
i don't have your original half walls. do i need them to download this set?
which files should i download???

all of these questions should be clearly stated in the description. many times i've contemplated getting this set, but once i come back to this "description" i get annoyed and lose interest. i shouldn't have to read through 4 pages of comments to figure out what i'm getting and which files i need to download.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 5:46 PM
wall-side boards and wall boards are just an experiment which does not yet fulfill any purpose beside adding a shiny metal panel to a wall, so you do not need it. Legacy objects are for updating from the original half-wall set only. Updates are not necessary if you download the latest versions of the rest.
Test Subject
#84 Old 22nd May 2009 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Mcswain27 : 22nd May 2009 at 3:56 AM. Reason: question, not just thanks
Are there any examples of using the Ceiling Threshold - corners. I'm trying to think of what they might be used for...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#85 Old 22nd May 2009 at 12:39 PM
think window frames around a corner. Or maybe like the floor threshold, but on the ceiling. Rotate picture 6 by 180° for an example.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:32 AM
Thanks Fat D ! I had many times a problem with the half walls flashing blue (as for rujaw) BUT correction on this point : it was from downloaded/installed lots to which the creators certainly added your older version set and didn't update with the new one. When one downloads and installs a lot from a site, some packages come along like recolours (SimpE), hacks and old versions of sets. Double checking is necessary and I guess that your Design Kit in its old version from downloaded lots might overwrite again the new version. Only fix in such lots : remove the hall walls and such, save, exit game and install the new updated Design Kit and add the missing walls/half walls on the lot that was affected with flashing blue parts. The flashing blue issue has nothing to do with having or not Apartment Life. I had the flashing blue issue with half walls before AL was out and wondered if the Design Kit had master meshes somewhere that I missed downloading. But thanks Fat D for pointing out that the white recolour is necessary to have.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mocha0030

many times i've contemplated getting this set, but once i come back to this "description" i get annoyed and lose interest.

I've been in much the same boat... not that I lose interest, I just get so confused that I don't have the energy to even try to understand and I give up on the entire thing.

Thanks to reading all these comments though and finally working out what I do and don't need, I've finally downloaded the files and I am SO excited about using this kit in my game

Thanks so much fatd! =)
THANKS POST
#88 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 5:54 PM
great work!! Love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:40 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 9:18 PM
this is so cool . so so many possibititys
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 12:16 PM
Ok it took me a while to see what this set actually does and which files I needed to download but it was totally worth it! I was searching everywhere for some kind of "inverted halfwall" and this set does the trick. Thanks so much! Now I can finally create those nooks and niches with cupboards and shelves looking like they were built into the wall!
Page 4 of 4