Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 7:44 PM
Oh, I'm sorry! You have cut the previous screenshot so tight, and I couldn't understand that actually only a part of the OW window was depicted: I thought it was the whole window...

So, all this discussion didn't solve your problem: where on hearth is the "suspense" painting?

Here are some suggestions (start with the first and, if it dosn't work, go to the next):

1) On the right of the Object Workshop window there is a "Catalog" button: click it and the objects will be listed ungrouped, in alphabetical order; see if you can find the Suspense there.

2) Go to the Preferences and Clear the cache; then restart SimPE and reload the Object Workshop; see if the painting can be found in either the Grouped view or in the Catalog view.

3) If this doesn't work, go again to the Preferences and check the option "Show OBJD names" (then clear the cache and restart SimPE): this option changes the way the objects are listed; the catalog names are replaced by the names contained in the Object Data. The painting now should be called " Painting - Horizontal - Bridge": look for it in both the Grouped view and the Catalog view.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 8:03 PM
Never mind Num ! In fact my problem was already solved too post #15 again
Quote:
EDIT I don't know why but I've just realized that many objects are not in their category but in the "Unknown" one... Paintings, scultures... and others...

(and the Suspense painting, like many others, is in the "unknown" group.) However, that's always good to know the tips you have written.

But I had a question that you might be able to answer :
Quote:
If I create the new environment with only the base-game objects, so I'll be able to build houses that don't require any EP, won't I ? So that can be very very interesting...

- Speech is silver but silence is gold -
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 9:46 AM
------------------------------------------
02 FEB 2006: FIXED THE BATCH FILE (the game didn't start, and the error "The System cannot find the file specified" was displayed)

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:20 PM
Tell me is all this Available for PC only or you can edit new costumes on gamecube?
Part-time Hermit
#30 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EGC
Tell me is all this Available for PC only or you can edit new costumes on gamecube?

As far as I know, the Sims 2 downloads made with these tools work with the PC game only.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 3:45 PM
Do you find most of the issues of cloning a base object with EPs
installed is more of a problem with certain types of objects or all
objects?

I'm asking because I have several new objects but like most assumed
cloning a base game object would make it usable for everybody... so
am I going to have to go back and remake them all? (Provided I get
the urge to do it that is)

For example if a person with no EPs downloads my vase or coffee tables
would it be ok... but my radio and record player (aka stereo) have more
functions so they would definately need to be recreated according to
this post? Sorry, hope that makes sense....

Oh... and will I have to remake all my recolors as well?
Hmmm... I'm thinking I'm not going to hassle with changing what
I've made so far and just make sure I follow this going forward...

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Part-time Hermit
#32 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:11 PM
Before you remake anything, check with each of them what I say in this post .

With some objects, you will have to decide if you want them to have all the functions that may have been added with expansion packs to base game objects, or if you want the object to the useable to everyone regardless of their game version, but with limited functions to some. Things like the stereos got new functions with the expansion packs, so making a base game clone would mean they would not have those special functions. Same with bookcases and the college options. Or, alternatively, you could make two different versions of the object (base game and EP versions).
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
Things like the stereos got new functions with the expansion packs, so making a base game clone would mean they would not have those special functions.

See this is where I get a little torn... sure I'd love for everyone to be
able to use my objects. But the reality is I make these for myself and
share them, not the other way around... and I want my objects to
have the full functionality of the EPs I've paid for.

And then there is the question of Uni vs. NL... so lets say I have
a Base Game version and an All EPs version... now do I have to make
versions that work with only Uni installed, only Nightlife installed etc?

What about when Open for Business comes out?
Oh... I'm giving myself a headache.... LOL!

Yeah I think I'm going to have to be selective... because I don't have the
freetime to make 5 versions of the same object to make people happy
who have or don't have certain EPs.

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 5:57 PM
You say that you create objects primarily for yourself, and not for sharing them. Therefore, clone them with all your EP installed and active, so that they will have all the EP functions.
If you want to share your creations, you can check that particular Object Data parameter, as suggested by IgnorantBliss: if it's 0x8b, you can safely release the object as base-game compliant; if it's 0x8c, release the object as UNI+NL required.

This is the fastest way to work, avoiding headaches

But there is a drawback: *many* base-game objects, though they were *not* updated by the EPs, are marked as 0x8c: all these objects must be released as "EP required", unless you want to create multiple clones.

My suggestion is to choose a half-way solution: if you *know* that an object has new EP functions, clone it with the EP activated; if not, clone it with the EP deactivated.

A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 12:58 PM
Numenor... do you/will you be updating the file for OFB?

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 12:29 AM
Default Thread Update
04 MAR 2006: ADDED SUPPORT FOR OFB and fixed another little glitch - PLEASE REDOWNLOAD

Hunter, thanks for the suggestion

A Sinful Sim
retired moderator
#37 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 9:09 AM
Goodie... I've actually been considering waiting to buy OFB until this was updated because right now I'm in the middle of making a set of objects that I wanted to test out in a basegame enviroment. So I didn't want to buy/install OFB until atleast those objects were done/tested. So glad to see you came out with an update so fast.

Adult Downloads Can Be Found On MTS2's Adult Site!!!
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 4:10 AM
Thank you Numenor! Great work!

"Many difficulties which nature throws in our way, may be smoothed away by the exercise of intelligence."
Titus Livius - Roman author & historian (59 BC - 17 AD)
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DilanaSim
Thank you Numenor! Great work!

I also love this option to play. Good job You always come up with the niftiest things.

Can this be edited to play any expansion or just the base game? Say I wanted to test objects for just Nightlife with no other EP.

"Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me."
Simpley Ashley | The Sims Link Directory
Test Subject
#40 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Webmist
Can this be edited to play any expansion or just the base game? Say I wanted to test objects for just Nightlife with no other EP.

Okay I figure it out, pretty easy. If anyone else wants this pm me and let me know.

"Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me."
Simpley Ashley | The Sims Link Directory
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 8:45 PM
Thank you Simply a great idea to create such a tool!

Greg

Visit my The Sims 2 blog
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 4:09 AM
I have a couple questions, as all the blood drains from my face at the thought of having to recreate some of my older meshes. I can't even get my new meshes to work with the new SimPE.

Where can I find the "object data" for clothes, hair and accessories? I've looked though some of my files and can't find anything that seems to match.

Is there anyway to cheat and nullify the EP-required elements for items that were made before?

Thank you so much for creating this thread!
Part-time Hermit
#43 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bai Mei
Where can I find the "object data" for clothes, hair and accessories? I've looked though some of my files and can't find anything that seems to match.

I think the information in this thread applies to to objects (furniture, build items) only. And, if I remember correctly, Bodhyshop items do not have Object Data at all.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atavera
I never could get the Base Game Environment, I think it may be because my base game directory doesn't end in EA Games(mine is "C:\The Sims 2"). Would I have to reinstall to the default directory to use this?

Nooo! A good tool/utility should adapt to your game configuration, and not the opposite :D

In your case, you should just set "GamePath" variable to C:\

I have the same configuration (E:\The Sims 2) and it works; even "myDocuments" are in an odd position (K:\ instead of C:\Documents and settings\blablabla...), so this batch file is definitely flexible enough to adapt to any game configuration...!

Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:20 AM
So, for the sake of space, it's okay to delete the three original neighbourhoods from the game and it won't mess anything up? There won't be any errors or problems? Well, that just made my computer's life a whole lot easier!

I think it's best I wait for a response before running off and deleting Strangetown and Veronaville.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 5:39 PM
Personally, I've created (for my testing purposes) a custom empty neighborhood, and then I've deleted *all the three* original ones.

Texturing God
#47 Old 8th May 2006 at 3:51 AM
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ... That should say it all... Thanks Num

If you want to get my creations please visit my site. ExnemSims .
Forum Resident
#48 Old 17th May 2006 at 6:10 PM
Hey, Numenor!

Again I took the freedom to create a german translation of this great article. It's attached as a rar. I already included the zip containing the batch- and reg-files into the archive.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th May 2006 at 8:57 PM
Again, thank you Xanathon for your useful translations!

I've added your rar to the first post.

*shrugs*
retired moderator
#50 Old 24th May 2006 at 2:09 AM
I probably do not have a large enough grasp on object creation to truly appreciate this, but thank you. A quick question just for clarification and (probably) to humiliate myself: we will need to use the base game disc for this, right? In other words, using an EP’s disc would cause problems.

Edit: Nevermind, my thoughts were correct. Good thing I remembered where I put that disc. :D

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Page 2 of 5