Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

steampunk robot set

by sherahbim Posted 3rd Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2011 at 1:34 AM by sherahbim

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:24 PM
I happen to write a lot of steampunk fiction, so of course I had to download this!!!! ^_^ It's wonderful, imaginative and original!!! Great job!

Cheers,
V.H.A

"HIDE THE RUM!!!!" - Capt. Jack Sparrow
Test Subject
#77 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 8:39 AM
Pretty much, this is the greatest skin made. It's just so freaking cool.

I use it in conjunction with the Lekku set by Darth Fubar. Steam-punk Star Wars... truly epic
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 14th Apr 2008 at 8:18 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
How lovely! Absolutely brilliant.

Thought I should mention that, in addition to what you've written about Steampunk, it is also a fact that this genre of science fiction is as old as it looks, as its pioneer was Jules Verne.

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Wiki Wizard
#79 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 1:50 PM
This is just so cool!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#80 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 9:47 PM
I am in love with this skin.
Test Subject
#81 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 7:47 AM
WOW I LUV STEAMPUNK! And now... YOU ^^

I IZ DOOM~!
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:41 PM
What are the walls/windows you used in the screenshot as thumbnail? It looks absolutely amazing!

So long and thanks for all the fish!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:56 AM
that is Lethe_s Victorian green house set, http://freya.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=268213
Field Researcher
#84 Old 24th May 2008 at 3:53 PM
I'm really comming in on the coat tails of all this feedback but I didn't realize how exquisite the idea and how brilliant the workmanship was. Ive just been redownloading all your work again [computer death] and was blown away by your amazing creation. I love all your work but this is just breathtaking. Plus that quirky vintage take on a theme that you immediately assume is futuristic is brilliant. Like everyone else Im including it my neighbourhood just to enjoy the luscious quality of it. Yeah, I know I sound like a goose but its just so fabulous!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#85 Old 25th May 2008 at 2:32 AM
thank you goyahaslegs
it really means a lot to me that you, and everyone els who has commented, likes this set.
i was so pleased with how this set turned out, and looking back i really don't know how i was able to finish it in only one months time. without all the help and feedback from my brothers i really don't think i could have done it, and my younger brother as specially ( warning shameless family promotion,( http://ghotire.deviantart.com/gallery/ ) deserves credit as he is a huge steampunk fan and was the one who came up with the idea, and a lot of the design for the robots in the first place
im so happy everyone likes this set, and i wanted thank you all so much for all your nice comments, it really motivates me to create more, and to try and do better when i hear that people enjoy what i make

thank you all again
Sherahbim
Field Researcher
#86 Old 26th May 2008 at 11:43 PM
These skins are (going to be) used in a story here: http://sim-vention.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1370
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 3:49 PM
I don't know if I already told you, but you're Amazing!
I'm a creator myself, so I don't download a lot of stuff,
but this is really worth downloading, excelent work!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 6:54 PM
I like steampunk too. But I didn 't downloaded it, 'cause I don 't use weird things in Sims. Your work stills amazing!
Test Subject
#89 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 4:50 AM
Sweet. Looks very realistic, now I can have a robot child.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 9:53 PM
Way cool. My servos thank you for the new skins!

Quote: Originally posted by The Tragic Mime
I think a better way to explain Steampunk to people who don't know what it is is to tell it to them like this:

Think of steampunk as if the future happened in the past.

Very good way of phrasing it or how about "21st Century stuff made with 19th Century parts"?

"Set boilers on full, Mr. Scott. Warp factor 6".
"Ach, Captain I canna do it! The gears in the Engines are all jammed!"
"Mr Spock, wind up the phasers".

... Linux rules and Windows drools.
Instructor
#91 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 12:54 AM
My Dad's always been a huge fan of steampunk-y stuff... It kind of rubbed off on me. This is epic, and will work very well in the Victorian neighborhoods which, due to my own laziness, are primarily steampunk, to explain why they have working phones, cars, elevators, refrigerators... Though, this may even fit in my regular post-apocolyptic or "normal" 'hoods. Verynaice.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 4:32 AM
Neat thanks!
Test Subject
#93 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 5:40 PM
Fantastic! I ador it! But sure! But could you pleeease tell me where did you find that cool stuffs from the picture called "front page" ? The things on the desk, the telescope and those. And that clock! Is that the 'time mashine' ? They are so marvelous!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 7:30 PM
thank you, im glad you like it Liangilang
if you read through the previous comments, ive actually already posted links to most of the items in that picture.
Test Subject
#95 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 2:40 PM
Ohh!I'm so sorry...I was careless and lazy :" THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! ^^ Sorry to disturbed you! And thanks again!
Test Subject
#96 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:53 PM
These are beautiful.
Any chance they exist as Servo's?
Test Subject
#97 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 8:51 PM
I have to admit I didn't know what Steampunk was before seeing these skins, but these skins were so awesome they peaked my curiosity so strongly that I stopped work, in the middle of the day (shhhh) just to look it up. Very cool concept, and incredible skins. TY for introducing me into the world of Steampunk
Test Subject
#98 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 10:02 AM
this is quite epic
Test Subject
#99 Old 12th Apr 2009 at 9:22 PM
I also think that these are amazing but I'd love to know where you got the items for the greenhouse? :D

On the floating, shapeless oceans...I did all my best to smile...till your singing eyes and fingers drew me loving into your eyes. And you sang: "Sail to me; sail to me, let me enfold you."
-Song to the Siren, This Mortal Coil
Test Subject
#100 Old 11th May 2009 at 12:56 AM
How absolutly wonderful, Thank you!
Page 4 of 7