Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1126 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 7:56 PM
If EA ever does bring out a university-esque expansion, I hope hope hope hope HOPE that they won't make newly aged adult Sims feel like crap for not going to uni. It drove me crazy that my adult Sims in TS2 would get a negative moodlet because *I* didn't want to fart arse around sending them to university. NOT ALL SIMS WANT HIGHER EDUCATION EA
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1127 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:13 PM
I think a seasons would be nice. And the return of the plantsim, but with some seasonal counterparts. Like, for summer you can have a heatsim and a snowsim for winter, resembling the heat miser and snow miser! The heatsim would never have to take a shower and the snowsim wouldnt have to eat as much. The snowsim could have glass/ice looking hair and a blue long sleeve shirt with a scarf. The heatsim would have troll looking fire hair (of coarse these hairs could be changed.) They both would have special skins also, the snowsim could have frostly looking skin with a very very light blue tint. The heatsim would have yellow tinted skin. I extremely doubt that any of this would ever make it into the game, but I still like the idea.
Instructor
#1128 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:20 PM
I would like the next SP to be something like IKEA Home Stuff, I loved that furniture.

Also, I want new EPs and SPs to include new traits and objects for pets! One thing I hated about the Pets expansion pack was that Sims kept getting new furniture and interactions, but the pets became stagnant.
Instructor
#1129 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:20 PM
Isn't there already a thread like this? Like the "Expansion ideas and speculation" stickied at the top of the page?

Whoops, ninja'd already.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#1130 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Isn't there already a thread like this? Like the "Expansion ideas and speculation" stickied at the top of the page?

Whoops, ninja'd already.

Someone has already said this yeah, and I did say 'If there is already a thread like this, feel free to delete this thread' for admins, but seeing as people are posting in it, I've decided not to delete it
Field Researcher
#1131 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:42 PM
Anything with REAL restaurants, magic, and pursuing higher education! Especially magic!
Top Secret Researcher
#1132 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 9:54 PM
The Sims 3 Slutty McSlutties Expansion

It's time for the game to officially catch up to how I play it.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Theorist
#1133 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
If EA ever does bring out a university-esque expansion, I hope hope hope hope HOPE that they won't make newly aged adult Sims feel like crap for not going to uni. It drove me crazy that my adult Sims in TS2 would get a negative moodlet because *I* didn't want to fart arse around sending them to university. NOT ALL SIMS WANT HIGHER EDUCATION EA

Oh yes, but I also hope that the entire town is a huge campus...Like I mean, the classes are spreaded throughout town and there are dorm districts! Hmm..that gave me an idea...>

Sorry to get off topic..:P
Instructor
#1134 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Oh yes, but I also hope that the entire town is a huge campus...Like I mean, the classes are spreaded throughout town and there are dorm districts! Hmm..that gave me an idea...>

Sorry to get off topic..:P

Exactly what I was saying before! I'd love for the new 'world' to be a huge campus or something, with certain buildings for each lesson/session, or one big building with rooms in for each lesson.

I could imagine something like this;
It would be done as it was a profession sort of, you have to complete certain tasks within the building/room to get the lesson done, say if it was science/chemistry, you may have to dissect something or mess about on a chemistry table and stuff like that.

And dorm districts.. Didn't think of that! That would be a great EP!
Instructor
#1135 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:59 PM
I would like another open for business EP. Also, I've always wanted The Sims to have Hotels. I'm not sure why they've never had the option for hotels before, but they should really get on it. I'd love to build and maintain my own hotel. (:

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#1136 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:19 PM
seriously want seasons now. I don't really care about pets to be honest. id rather there be weather before them.

I was thinking for seasons you could pick a location on a map where the town would be so the further north you go the colder it gets and the further south you go the hotter it gets etc and visa versa for sourthern hemisphere..
Say you could choose north america, europe, asia, oceana etc with different climates.

they obviously wouldnt be huge but its something to consider.
Mad Poster
#1137 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:19 PM
Skittlenut and TMBrandon: Oh yeah, definitely, just so long as it's not made to feel practically compulsory. For me at least, it just felt as though my Sims were penalised but not persuing a higher education with the BAWWW NO UNIVERSITY ABLOOHOOHOO T-T memory. I didn't like University too much so the added negative memory was like a dollop of poop on a chocolate cake
Instructor
#1138 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Skittlenut and TMBrandon: Oh yeah, definitely, just so long as it's not made to feel practically compulsory. For me at least, it just felt as though my Sims were penalised but not persuing a higher education with the BAWWW NO UNIVERSITY ABLOOHOOHOO T-T memory. I didn't like University too much so the added negative memory was like a dollop of poop on a chocolate cake

Yeah I agree with you on that, perhaps the sim you wanted to become a student will have to 'move' to the new world/hood which would be the campus? So it's not compulsory.. And they wouldn't get a stupid negative moodlet/memory if they didn't go. With TS2 Uni, I didn't send my sims to Uni that much, I mainly loved the new objects and clothes, and for some reason, the 'College Rock' station became my favourite station on the game
Lab Assistant
#1139 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:26 PM
Hotels. Hotels. Hotels. Hotels. Hotels.

And Restaurants.

And Hotels.

Also, I would like to actually enter and design them.
Instructor
#1140 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UltraRobbie

And Restaurants.

And Hotels.

Hotels sound interesting, I could imagine it being a bit like OFB where you could assign the sims you hire what to do - For example, you could assign one sim to manage the desk to check sims in, and another to do like room service and such. That would be a good EP!

But how would you imagine it?
Scholar
#1141 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:43 PM
I would care about pets more if they had rabbits! I would LOVE to see my sim cuddling a little bunny and s/he hopping all over the house. There could be an outdoor hut! *curses EA for not loving rabbits as much as I do*

I'm not sure if I want seasons in sims 3 as much as I did Pre-Generations if they're going to implement it the way they have with other Generations stuff. I want to be able to click out of my sims automatically ohhing and awing over the freaking 500th snow! It drove me crazy when my sim 2 sims would drop everything to look out the window or have a snowball fight, but at least when I noticed it I could click it out.
Lab Assistant
#1142 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by George16
Well, I don't want to see expansion packs from The sims or The sims 2. I really expect something new, something that our sims never had, something that we can't even imagine. I expect many thing from EA games

They tried to do that with WA & Ambitions. Its really a hit or miss. I don't think WA was that fantastic anyway. Most of the content are reptitive, lacking in replayability with exception of a few features. They also don't integrate well with the base-game or other eps....
I wouldn't expect much from EA, as long as the new Eps don't introduce bugs that break the game I'm happy enough.

Back to the original topic. I would prefer to see an EP that reintroduces features from OFB or Apartment Life. Seasons comes a close 2nd.
Lab Assistant
#1143 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlenut
Hotels sound interesting, I could imagine it being a bit like OFB where you could assign the sims you hire what to do - For example, you could assign one sim to manage the desk to check sims in, and another to do like room service and such. That would be a good EP!

But how would you imagine it?

Yes! Exactly. I would also love a OFB pack for the Sims 3 too :p
Top Secret Researcher
#1144 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 2:03 AM
OFB!!! Seasons would be my second choice.
Mad Poster
#1145 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:08 AM
A combination of weather and outdoor activities / sports.

Boats, beaches and Half Pipes for skate and snow boards <3

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#1146 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:09 AM
I never even used most of the OFB features, and I never got a sim all the way through University (I'd always get bored), so what I'd most like to see is Seasons or Magic. I'd love it if in the Seasons expansion pack they had the option to swim in the ocean/lake. I want plantsims again, and I want the witches & wizards from the Sims 2 as well, not that lame spellbook in the Sims Store.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Forum Resident
#1147 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 5:22 AM
A PROPER!! holiday EP..

WA is fun and all that, but that's not a holiday.. where's the beach? Ok, so I hate the sun, but my sims don't! I care for their well being and sanity (but clearly not mine...)

Go suck an elf...
Instructor
#1148 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UltraRobbie

And Restaurants.

And Hotels.

This forever. Also, all the random tourist townies could actually stay there!

Restaurants sounds neat too. Right now you can make like cafes, but it's not the same. ): I miss being able to make my own restaurants like I could with Hot Date in TS1. And then play footsie under the booth tables >>

-Walter "Red" Smith
Field Researcher
#1149 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 6:30 AM
food, food, food, food. I am sick of the same food! I miss all the different food I had in sims2
Field Researcher
#1150 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 8:14 AM
My biggest want is witches. I have to agree, the spellbook in the store is way too limited. it's like EA is laughing at us and saying,"look what we could create, but instead we want to torture with some crappy spellbook! MA HA HA HA!' . I miss the witches from the sims 1. the magic world only magical sims could travel to, the dragons and the spells you could do. it was fun.

I want seasons, but i'm afraid it would be too much for my computer lol.

OFB was one of my favorite ep's from the past. I love the idea of hotels. what wicked fun my sims could have running one!!

As for new ideas, I would love something like a carnival or fair. I think it would be fun and cute.

Also, PLEASE BRING BACK SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN!!!!!!
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 46 of 67