Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Ultimate Game Icon Pack

by TheSimKid Posted 22nd Feb 2015 at 11:12 PM - Updated 2nd Jan 2017 at 4:47 AM by TheSimKid : Spa Day Patch

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chchase
Sorry but I have to ask. What is a icon and how can a icon get me new traits, skills, and careers.

An icon is a small image. You have to modify game files to create a new trait, skill, or career. The program that allows you to create traits is Zerbu's Trait and Buff Factory. You can find tutorials online how to mod and use that program. These icons allow you to give a trait, skill, or career a unique icon.

I hope this helps.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 5:46 PM
Thanks, I hope you will update this with all the other packs or at least add them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Sep 2015 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lindz15
Thanks, I hope you will update this with all the other packs or at least add them.

I would love to update this, but at the moment I don't own Spa Day or Cool Kitchen. I have the others though. I hope to update in the future, before Get Together comes out.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:59 AM
Thanks so much for your hard work TheSimKid. I'm creating a new trait and rest assure I will credit back to this post.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 1:54 PM
Bats, bears, cats, crabs, cyclops, dinosaurs, ducks, dogs, foxes, jellyfish, llamas, mermaid tails, "monsters", owls, penguins, squids, unicorns... I'm so excited for the future Sims 4 expansions!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:49 AM
This is going to come in handy. Thanks a lot!
Are you going to keep updating the icons with every new expansion or pack?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Patoro
This is going to come in handy. Thanks a lot!
Are you going to keep updating the icons with every new expansion or pack?

Sorry I haven't responded in awhile! I need to update the icons to Get Together. I don't own Movie Hangout or Romantic Garden yet so don't expect those for now. Maybe just the patched icons for those packs.
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 3:10 PM
Default how do I use them ????
how do I use them ????
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coffeesims
how do I use them ????

They are made for modders who need icons to show up in their mods. Or for people like me who want them
on their pictures when they upload selfmade Sims to show others what traits this Sim has. They have no 'function'
besides this.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:35 AM Last edited by SimchesterMoon : 13th Jun 2016 at 5:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something!
Thanks so much for doing this!

Unfortunately, I seem to be having a couple small issues. When I open the zip, I encounter the following error messages:

The following invalid filename was encountered in the archive: "Sims 4 Icons\Icon Images\1:6.png"

The following invalid filename was encountered in the archive: "_MACOSX\Sims 4 Icons\Icon Images\1:6.png"

These messages continue to pop up with the numbers 2:6, 3:6, 4:6, 5:6, and 6:6. (I'm on PC, running Windows 8.1 if that matters.)

The other issue is that the icons for Venues are not displaying at all. I can see the titles and a blank square place holder, but they just don't show up.

Edit: This is happening with the file MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimchesterMoon
Thanks so much for doing this!

Unfortunately, I seem to be having a couple small issues. When I open the zip, I encounter the following error messages:

The following invalid filename was encountered in the archive: "Sims 4 Icons\Icon Images\1:6.png"

The following invalid filename was encountered in the archive: "_MACOSX\Sims 4 Icons\Icon Images\1:6.png"

These messages continue to pop up with the numbers 2:6, 3:6, 4:6, 5:6, and 6:6. (I'm on PC, running Windows 8.1 if that matters.)

The other issue is that the icons for Venues are not displaying at all. I can see the titles and a blank square place holder, but they just don't show up.

Edit: This is happening with the file MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip

What program are you using to extract the rar file? I use both a mac and a windows computer, but that error has never occured. Over the next days, I should probably come out with a new version with updated icons. I packaged it with WinRAR on my windows machine so I'll check it out.

For the venue icons, try using a different viewing program. They appear like nothing is there because EA never gave the icons a shadow.

Thanks for the feedback, it always helps.
Test Subject
#37 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSimKid
What program are you using to extract the rar file? I use both a mac and a windows computer, but that error has never occured. Over the next days, I should probably come out with a new version with updated icons. I packaged it with WinRAR on my windows machine so I'll check it out.

For the venue icons, try using a different viewing program. They appear like nothing is there because EA never gave the icons a shadow.

Thanks for the feedback, it always helps.

Thanks for the reply!

The inability to view the Venue pngs was due to my own dorkiness. My apologies.

I just downloaded the file again and used WinZIP to open it. The first error message box that pops up upon opening the zip is:
This file will not appear in the main WinZIP window but you may still be able to extract it by choosing "All files" in the Extract dialog. For more information, click on Help or press F1.
When I press "OK" to this message, it gives me the errors I mentioned previously. If I click cancel, I get this:
Cannot open file:it does not appear to be a valid archive.
If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again.
I did so and the same thing happened.
I then tried using WinRAR and got this:
! C:\Users\Moonie\Desktop\New folder\MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip: Cannot create Sims 4 Icons\GP1 Outdoor Living\Icon

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
! C:\Users\Moonie\Desktop\New folder\MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\Moonie\Desktop\New folder\MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip: Renaming Sims 4 Icons\GP1 Outdoor Living\Icon
to Sims 4 Icons\GP1 Outdoor Living\Icon_
! C:\Users\Moonie\Desktop\New folder\MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip: Cannot create __MACOSX\Sims 4 Icons\GP1 Outdoor Living\._Icon

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
! C:\Users\Moonie\Desktop\New folder\MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\Moonie\Desktop\New folder\MTS_TheSimKid_1586925_Sims4Icons.zip: Renaming __MACOSX\Sims 4 Icons\GP1 Outdoor Living\._Icon
to __MACOSX\Sims 4 Icons\GP1 Outdoor Living\._Icon_a

I then tried 7zip and no errors at all. So basically, I have no idea what's going on, but the problem seems to have been solved by using 7zip.

I'm very sorry that was soooooo long.

All that being said, I can't wait for the new pack!! Thanks so much for doing this. It's tedious and without people like you I'd never have nice things
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:24 PM
how can I download this ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 5:24 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kingpeeta

Click files and then click the regular or modder version. You need a program like WinRAR to open .rar files.
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 9:41 AM Last edited by Emeraldsorceress : 9th Oct 2016 at 9:42 AM. Reason: The image was on the wrong spot
Default some aspiration reward trait Icons missing
Hello, I was recently updating my wiki and I could find all icons in your icons pack, except for the Survivalist , Naturalist and Perfect Host icons. These are Aspiration Reward Traits that will be awarded when you're done with an aspiration. I know that the Survivalist is a tent icon, thanks to the image below, but the other ones are not sure. Do you think you can upload these?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 7:26 PM
This is amazing! thank you thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 3:28 PM
I love these, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 11:25 PM
This is frickin awesome, you are awesome. The icons are even transparent - Marry me.
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 6:34 PM
how do you get these icons to work ingame?
i recently downloaded some cc traits to enhance my sims 4 experience and their pictures arent showing up.
but i noticed when i downloaded these files; theyre not marked as .package files, so can i still put them in my game??? or will they not work/mess up my game!?!??!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yomanitsk
how do you get these icons to work ingame?
i recently downloaded some cc traits to enhance my sims 4 experience and their pictures arent showing up.
but i noticed when i downloaded these files; theyre not marked as .package files, so can i still put them in my game??? or will they not work/mess up my game!?!??!

You don't put these directly in your game. They're merely image files. If you use them in a mod like a trait it then they will have a purpose in the game. They won't mess your game up and all. Sorry for the confusion, hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emeraldsorceress
Hello, I was recently updating my wiki and I could find all icons in your icons pack, except for the Survivalist , Naturalist and Perfect Host icons. These are Aspiration Reward Traits that will be awarded when you're done with an aspiration. I know that the Survivalist is a tent icon, thanks to the image below, but the other ones are not sure. Do you think you can upload these?

I'll see about that. I'm super inundated with college business that I can't work on updating the mod right now. I also only own up to Dine Out. I don't have Kids Room, Backyard, City Living, or Vintage Glamour. Hopefully I'll get them soon.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:03 PM
Would it be helpful, and not against any rules, for someone, say me, who owns all of the packs to share the delta and fullbuild packages with you for you to extract the icons from? The only pack I don't own is Vintage Glamour and I might have that in the next few days.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Would it be helpful, and not against any rules, for someone, say me, who owns all of the packs to share the delta and fullbuild packages with you for you to extract the icons from? The only pack I don't own is Vintage Glamour and I might have that in the next few days.

Super sorry for the late response, but that would be wonderful! Now that it's summer and I have some time for I start college, I would like to get back into updating this as well as some of my other projects!!
It's not against rules since they're simply icons, not the games themselves.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:36 AM
thanks
Page 2 of 3