Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#351 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by itskatie
I’m glad someone mentioned this, because I’m definitely unsure about this “mod hub.” It doesn’t sound like EA is trying to make it easier for us to keep track of mods and CC, it sounds like they’re trying to control what we download and how we use it.

I think EA is going the Amazon route - allow the “competition” to distribute content on your platform and with these resources, they can collect data. That data is then used to “eliminate” the competition (because the competition is also on their platform operating user their guidelines) while also creating more content their users engage with. They’ll be able to see what the community engages with directly.

CC Creators have always been EA’s foil. Controlling the CC community will allow EA control over their own market.

I can see:
Affiliated CC creators
- cannot creator content that aligns with EA content coming down the pipeline
- cannot create content that deviates from their younger target demographic
- cannot create content that competes with existing EA content

I think all of this good will and giving modders a platform is to “remove” them from the equation. EA is a business first and they’re playing the long game.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#352 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 1:23 PM
One of the worse things about playing any game on mobile is seeing the smaller things. The Sims is full of them, and it's bad enough trying to view them on a full-sized desktop machine! Moreover, I'm sure TS5 will eat the hell out of mobile batteries. If you're not use to charging your phone often - get yourself ready for it if you decide to play TS5

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#353 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 1:44 PM
Seems like Sims 4 Steam sale on now: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4
Instructor
#354 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 3:38 AM
I was just reading about the big change in system requirements for the base game, and noticed that Windows 10 is recommended for even the most minimum of settings--there's no mention of Windows 7 anymore at all--so what does that mean if you update and don't have Windows 10? Does the game refuse to run? I ask because I am still holding off on patching, even though the chance to finally have a normal-sized telescope torments my dreams.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#355 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I was just reading about the big change in system requirements for the base game, and noticed that Windows 10 is recommended for even the most minimum of settings--there's no mention of Windows 7 anymore at all--so what does that mean if you update and don't have Windows 10? Does the game refuse to run? I ask because I am still holding off on patching, even though the chance to finally have a normal-sized telescope torments my dreams.

I am on 7 on this desktop and have not done latest patch. So far the game has played well other than loading screens are a bit longer. My laptop has 10. So will be interesting to see what happens?
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland

Personally I don't think this will make any difference so long as you're running Windows 7 64-bit. This is important since 64-bit can address more RAM, and that's what the Sims 4 will be chomping up the most. While I wouldn't quote me on this (to protect myself here) I'm confident upgrading to the latest patch will still let you run Sims 4 on your Windows 7 system. Unless the devs put some safe-guard in place to stop the system from even trying.

Here's a picture of my PC workload at current: it's running the Sims 4 right now on Windows 10. See the memory usage? (That being said, I'm also running a browser full of 24 tabs and my music player as well as the Sims 4 at the same time so...) It's really the RAM usage that's made the devs boost the requirements imo. Anyone running 32-bit will be in trouble, but at this point in time, I don't think anyone should be running 32. There's too many programs needing well over the 4GB of RAM 32-bit systems can only address. At any rate, it sounds like an experiment I would love to test should I have the means.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Scholar
#357 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 3:52 PM
Also have to remember in the just matter of weeks you going to be forced to replace Origin with the all new EA App, otherwise you cannot play, and i don't see it's going to support Windows 7.
Mad Poster
#358 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Also have to remember in the just matter of weeks you going to be forced to replace Origin with the all new EA App, otherwise you cannot play, and i don't see it's going to support Windows 7.

If that is the case I am probably about done with 4 as this PC is 7 and plays 4 well. I totally uninstalled 4 on my laptop with 10 as so furious with it and how there are forced to put on D which was totally a nightmare and then when the game somehow decided to reinstall the whole thing and was putting on C, could not, etc. I will not go on. AND I had 4 totally blow away well over half of my saves. And it takes days to install the game there as have to do online. I was able to install 3 with disks in a short time. It takes literally days to do 4 there as internet is slow at that location.

And as I have not kept up on this, app? If app, do not get me started..
Lab Assistant
#359 Old 30th Oct 2022 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

I am using windows 7 and I updated to the new EA app two weeks ago. Works for me so far.
Scholar
#360 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danacnbrett
I am using windows 7 and I updated to the new EA app two weeks ago. Works for me so far.

I still using Origin, i'm enjoying it while it lasts, no more origin updates, but actually am surprised it still supporting an OS that was obsolete nearly two years ago.
Mad Poster
#361 Old 31st Oct 2022 at 2:32 AM
I am on my laptop with 10 now and am getting 3 base game from Origin. Too long of a tale to tell as need to try some CAW things here. Good news if new will support 7 also. At least for now.
Staff - Moderator
#362 Old 2nd Nov 2022 at 3:30 AM
Sims 4 update 11-01-2022:

Update 11/01/2022

A prep for Pastel and Clutter

Update 11/01/2022

PC: 1.93.129.1030 / Mac: 1.93.129.1230

Console: Version 1.66

Hello Simmers!

Hope everyone got a chance to watch the Behind The Sims Summit livestream that happened just a short couple of weeks ago—pretty exciting stuff in there if you didn’t!

We have a small update here as we get ready for the upcoming release, so let’s just go on in and see what you can expect in the update.

-The Sims Team
Bug Fixes
Base Game

Sims will run while performing a Go Here interaction if the distance is long enough.
…and they aren’t lazy
…and do not currently have a buff that would prevent running..
Sims should also run from fires. Unless they don’t. Then they’ll probably just catch fire and run in place.
Chest deformations should once again expand correctly on female Sims with masculine frames.
Change Phone Color after queuing should no longer re-queue in the action queue after traveling, or saving and reloading the game.
Completed goals as part of the New in Town scenario will now disappear on completing the goal, rather than waiting for a time out delay.
Completing the aspiration goal of Have a Boyfriend or Girlfriend before the Soulmate and Serial Romantic aspiration goals are active, will now complete the goal appropriately.

Consoles

Pressing RT/R2 or LT/L2 while in the Likes & Dislikes options in Create a Sim will no longer close the interface, and change the controller focus to a hidden interface.

High School Years

Black is no longer the only color option for the yuMakeupEyebrows_EP12EGirl eyebrows.

Werewolves

Newly transformed werewolves will now transform with appropriate varieties in their occult form fur patterns, rather than just going with the all black all the time look.
Scholar
#363 Old 3rd Nov 2022 at 3:14 PM
It's incredible they release a patch this, when there's a growing record number of players now wanting to disable their new great Whim system. Now 16 Pages.. blah. blah blh.. ww btw Go Here or Going There for long distances is semi-fixed but far from the same anymore. Yeah they now jog, but even if they are scared or frightened, instead of the frightened run/sprint instead it's a normal jog, I could go on, but all this for the HSY bomb of an EP..
Field Researcher
#364 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 3:06 AM
"Sims should also run from fires. Unless they don’t. Then they’ll probably just catch fire and run in place."
That's the funniest piece of shi-tock I've ever heard! Wasn't it always that way?

Smeg Head
#365 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
"Sims should also run from fires. Unless they don’t. Then they’ll probably just catch fire and run in place."
That's the funniest piece of shi-tock I've ever heard! Wasn't it always that way?

Yeah, but the thing you have to remember is, that the vast majority of those who make this game, do not play this game to know what's what. Not for fun, and not even to test a pack before giving it to youtubers to review. Not even playing out of shame or guilt in the aftermath for this atrocious state of "repetitive" affairs. Heck, most only know the played element of this game from player feedback. Another reason why there is such an abysmal mountain of unresolved glitches. A bit of an oxymoron I know, as an abyss is seen as going down while a mountain is viewed as going up, but in this case apt as the area from bottom abyss to mountain peak is pretty much the volume of the ever-growing errors.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#366 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 12:15 PM
Some playtest images:
https://www.reddit.com/gallery/yqy2rs

Interestingly, all the properties so far are located inside apartment shells.
Smeg Head
#367 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 9:00 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 10th Nov 2022 at 9:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Some playtest images:

Hmm, wonder if that's to help facilitate part of the multiplayer element. A player picks to live in an apartment block with other players living in other apartments in same block? Making other players and their sims more visible, more accessible, than many players sims living in standalone separate houses on a street. The apartment living approach could signify, once again, not so much open world game play mechanics. Nothing more than what goes on within an apartment block.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#368 Old 10th Nov 2022 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Some playtest images:

Thank you for posting this. I know WAY too early to judge but so far this is looking too app, too dumbed down, too juvenile for me. But I am not the target audience. When 4 was to come many including me hoped for a step up from Medieval but we got play on potato what we got instead. I wish they would do something that is more sophisticated than prior versions, but I know that is not the market they are trying to reach.

oops, we seem to be in wrong thread again, EP one instead of 5...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#369 Old 12th Nov 2022 at 7:22 PM
Expansions packs got bored aa seems after annoucement of Project Equeek!

Or, the lack of annoucements for 'em are absent to discuss anything no more really. Was the last about high school or whatever?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#370 Old 13th Nov 2022 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Expansions packs got bored aa seems after annoucement of Project Equeek!

Or, the lack of annoucements for 'em are absent to discuss anything no more really. Was the last about high school or whatever?

Maxis/EA is probably mum because they've added too much on their plate this time (more kits coming, the introduction of Sims 5, etc.)
They're all likely running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off right now - too distracted to announce anything like they used to.

Lab Assistant
#371 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
Maxis/EA is probably mum because they've added too much on their plate this time (more kits coming, the introduction of Sims 5, etc.)
They're all likely running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off right now - too distracted to announce anything like they used to.

As opposed to running around like headless chickens since the game first launched? (Hold my beer, EA. )

Slightly off-topic, but I've been reading the Sims 5 development thread which has been throwing a magnifying glass over the near cardboard set-dressings and empty building models. It made me realise just how rich the Sims 2 was with its world. Cars, grocery stores, community lots you could build from the ground up, heck, you could even model the world map itself.

The Sims 4 has none of these things, just a cluster'cluck' of 2D app vectors and an insulting amount of empty space they won't let you utilise. And even worse, I just realised they introduced hospitals and police stations with the Get To Work pack, but we can't even direct our Sims there. Imagine catching a burglar and actually marching them down to the police station with the cops? And why should I order medicine off the computer if my Sim gets sick? How cool would it be to actually tell them to go to the doctors?

They could be drinking anything off the net. Pop Tart juice, EA's lies, Simmers tears, Bella Goth's essence...

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#372 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xSwitchback
Imagine catching a burglar and actually marching them down to the police station with the cops? And why should I order medicine off the computer if my Sim gets sick? How cool would it be to actually tell them to go to the doctors?

I think it be cool if your household could just go there and report being robbed (if they hadn't had security alarmed installed at home). Giving a height chance of your stolen items getting returned in their original place. Or even another featurd to find a missing Sim (npc) to get them to come to you if relationship is low enough to normally invite without being rejected.

Tbh, I could just sarcastically say the police report is useless when we DON'T HAVE BURGLARS to begin with. Hell, GTW had the opportunity to have kleptomaniac Sims be shoplifters, which would have been a great intervention with NPC cops. Nowadays Maxis for some reason is really phobic towards items being take away from player's active household (much like designing SMALLER objects and not unnecessarily bigger ones). Not to make fun of people that got trauma, but dare I say Grant probably had to make fake excuse to be lazy and insult players intellugence much like with dog houses and gambling. Virtual burglars are cruel and not fun for teenagers players as they snatch their wigs and its rude. Political Correctness slay and that's on period1!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#373 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xSwitchback
As opposed to running around like headless chickens since the game first launched? (Hold my beer, EA. )And why should I order medicine off the computer if my Sim gets sick? How cool would it be to actually tell them to go to the doctors? .

And you can Cook anything without having the required ingredients, and any junior cook can cook any amazing Grand Meal with zero skill, but not a regular meal like this, it completely destroys what could of been the best cooking system yet.
Mad Poster
#374 Old 15th Nov 2022 at 8:10 PM
Back to burglars and so on, it was fun in 3 when we played the detective career and the folks taken in had their mugshot photos taken, were fingerprinted, and then put in the slammer. Sims 4 pales in comparison in so many ways, sad to say, from prior versions.
Staff - Moderator
#375 Old 23rd Nov 2022 at 4:40 AM
Sims 4 Steam sale on now: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4

Also there is a patch update.

Sims 4 update 11-22-2022:

PATCH NOTES
Patch Notes
Update 11/22/2022

Gallery Profanity Filter Update

Update 11/22/2022

PC: 1.93.146.1020 / Mac: 1.93.146.1220

Console: Version 1.67

We are aware of and have seen some select instances of wholly unacceptable content that has been uploaded to The Sims™ 4 Gallery. Our team has reviewed, and made critical updates to, the profanity filter to help prevent this from happening again in the future. We are grateful for the community’s vigilance in helping us identify these inappropriate uploads so we can maintain a safe, creative environment for our players. We will continue to do our part by quickly taking down objectionable content that surfaces, identifying and removing repeat offenders and regularly reviewing the profanity filter in case any updates need to be made.

We encourage players to continue to use the “Flag This” button on The Gallery to report any offensive uploads or comments.
Page 15 of 48